New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,046 Valuable Player
    Babylon 5 series. Fantastic show. 
    Now watching Crusade.  Great show....too bad it only latest 1 season.

Love the technomages.

• NapagadyNapagady Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    I will start watching The Office soon
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,488 Volunteer Moderator
    Napagady said:
    I will start watching The Office soon
    UK Version I hope ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Started watching Sabrina the teenage witch.  The GOOD one....not the crap reboot. 
    Brain Burst
    Yes the UK version :) 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    Just started Season 4 of The Flash.
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 486
    Trinity
    I wish they would reboot fringe!. I used to bloody love that programme ! ...
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,104 Valuable Player
    vannagirl said:
    Just started Season 4 of The Flash.

If you wanted to see a flash you only had to ask...I have my dirty raincoat ready. :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    I just watched the first episode of the BBC classic, Blake's 7 on YT - I see they have the whole 4 series uploaded! That's my next few weeks breakfast entertainment sorted :)

Yes, it's got worse than Dr Who props and costumes etc - but great characters and a good story.... mostly - oh, and Glynis Barber!

That's one of the many sci-fi series I rewatch every few years! An all time classic!

I'm watching Travelers on Netflix at the moment. I'm always up for anything that involves time travel, and the third series is up on 14th of this month.

And The Expanse, one of the many excellent sci-fi series killed off by SyFy, has now been taken over by Amazon. Amazon and Netflix need to do this more imo.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,144 Valuable Player
    If you have Netflix, Memories of the Alhambra is a great Korean series about AR.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1050451/Memories-of-the-Alhambra-Netflix-release-date-cast-trailer-plot
    I've just started watching Russian Doll on Netflix starring Natasha Lyonne who plays Nicky from Orange Is The New Black. Have only watched the first half a dozen episodes so far and it's excellent. Her character keeps on dying and then gets brought back to her birthday party in the bog every time, Groundhog Day style. :D

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,572 Valuable Player
    I'm on episode one of Russian Doll. But I keep pausing it to watch other stuff!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    It's great, really enjoyed it. Only 1 series though because it ends at the end of the series. Stop pausing it and watch it, worth it just to see her going down the stairs lol :D :D :D

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
    edited February 5
    just finished Tom Baker Dr Who - I remember watching him falling from Jodrell Bank  when i was a wee nipper so seeing that last night was a blast from the past (depending on where it was pointing I could see the real thing when on a walk near my parents home as a kid).  Also watching season 2 of stranger things.

stuff set in the  current decade am enjoying chicago PD, chicago fire and season 6 of elementary.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Hah - yesterday we watched Tom Baker in the Return of the Cybermen. Dub dub.

Brain Burst
    Sense8 offers some interesting insights on Human-mind connectivity, really enjoyed it.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,689 Valuable Player

The first season started out strong, but I became somewhat bored toward the end. Had decided not to watch Season 2, but then I did watch the first episode - and it wasn't that bad, actually the story seemed slower and more immersive (or I'm getting too old). I liked episode 2 (s2e2) too - now I'm looking forward to watch some more this weekend  :)

Have given up on Daredevil Season 3 too - maybe I shouldn't...

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,689 Valuable Player
    edited February 24

Wrong thread, sorry, I've deleted my post and moved it here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69317/the-official-films-thread/p4

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Watching the Orville. Such a fantastic show. 

https://youtu.be/7baNnBiB47E
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
    Alan Partridge is back!

must remember to set up the box to record it!.

Always been a fan of Steve Coogan so looking forward to this.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    edited February 25
    Digikid1 said:

Still enjoying it but don't you think this season is a bit preachy and not a lot happening. How many more episodes are going to be about frigging moclans. 

If you have Netflix, Memories of the Alhambra is a great Korean series about AR.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1050451/Memories-of-the-Alhambra-Netflix-release-date-cast-trailer-plot
    Bump .. just finished this, brilliant. Sword Art Online for AR :)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,917 Volunteer Moderator
    RuneSR2 said:

The first season started out strong, but I became somewhat bored toward the end. Had decided not to watch Season 2, but then I did watch the first episode - and it wasn't that bad, actually the story seemed slower and more immersive (or I'm getting too old). I liked episode 2 (s2e2) too - now I'm looking forward to watch some more this weekend  :)

Have given up on Daredevil Season 3 too - maybe I shouldn't...

I’ve been really tempted lately to sign up for Netflix, just for Punisher and Daredevil. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Well Marvel (Disney) have pulled their Marvel licence I think. All of their Marvel series have been cancelled. I suspect that they'll making them themselves because there's talk of them bringing their own Netflix-like streaming service to the table.

Digikid1 said:

Still enjoying it but don't you think this season is a bit preachy and not a lot happening. How many more episodes are going to be about frigging moclans. 

I’m gonna guess you haven’t been watching the latest episodes. I have a season pass with iTunes so I get the latest episodes. The last episode has NOTHING to do with Mocclans. 
    It's about time he got his own show!!!

:D  B) :D

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,595 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 26
    I really enjoyed The Punisher. S1 was better than S2, but both were still good.

Digikid1 said:

I'm tired of almost every episode being about the dating life of a crew member. I really enjoy the sci fi parts.

I like Discovery more than I did. Very rough start, but got better. As long as it has Tilly, Stamets and Saru I'll watch it, they are the interesting ones.
    That's one problem with it, I don't know or care about most of the crew. Part way through the second season and I still don't know what's the deal with the robot woman. Or the pilot with the different eye and the 7of9 face accessory. The Orville has fleshed out it's cast far better in the same time period.

The Umbrella Academy was pretty cool. Odd show.

I'd like to watch season 3 of The Expanse, but I'd need to pay more. In aus, season 1&2 were on netflix (which I have). But now it's moved to amazon prime, which I don't have. I got an amazon prime trial last year, but cancelled it after about 3 days because it didn't seem worthwhile. Few shows I wanted at the time and the app for my LG tv was garbage. I'm already subscribed to netflix, stan and crunchyroll, I have to draw the line somewhere.
    Bollocks, I can't get that fucking song out of my head now  :D :D :D