cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software to help stay facing forward?

Durnsky
Honored Guest
I have found that while playing really intense games like Pavlov or Zero Caliber, I am turning away from my sensors without even knowing. How do I prevent this for games that don't have a mechanic to prevent this? Is there any software I could download that tells me when I am facing the wrong way like in Total Recall or something like in Rec Room where theres an arrow on the floor telling you which way to face? *Please recommend software and  NOT a third sensor, or 2 sensor 360 degree tracking, please.
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
I usually stand next to my bed, with the side of my leg touching the mattress. This way I can orient myself and not lose track of where I am.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

YoLolo69
Trustee
When I play standing I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to often extend one
of my arm to trigger the Guardian and to know where I am thanks to its shape. Ideally I would like to have an option which will display a small arrow between my feet at the center and pointing forward, small and discreet...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
For SteamVR games, I've heard of people installing "OpenVR Advanced Settings" for this because it provides a center marker with an arrow indicating the forward direction. The option is under Chaperone settings. "Turn Signal" is another option but it doesn't have a forward arrow, it just shows how much you have twisted left or right which might be useful enough. I don't actually use either of these because they only work in SteamVR and I run the Oculus mode where available. It would be a good feature for Oculus to add.