New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What are some titles you're excited for?

DogDevsDogDevs Posts: 29
Brain Burst
I'm personally excited for Stormland, although it wont be out until 2019, it looks super immersive. 

Defector won't be out until sometime in 2019 either, but it looks heavily melee focused, which is something I really enjoy in VR!

What are some titles you can't wait to get your hands on?

Comments

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,269
    Wintermute
    Zero Caliber VR!!! Releases today!!! it's an FPS game and theres a demo for you to try on Steam, it's absolutely amazing!!!

UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,914 Valuable Player
    Stormland, Lone Echo 2 and Moss 2, although Moss 2 may not launch before 2020... Great thing about VR is also unnannounced great titles (or maybe more titles I weren't aware of), I love surprises - so, like Hold the World, Xion, Sacralith etc I'm looking forward to more great surprises  ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,195 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    I would trade all the above for

and I am happy to wait until a worthy headset and graphic card emerges.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 475
    Trinity
    For now I am not really hyped for any announced VR game. I am a bit curious about Stormland and Defector, but just a bit.

That said there are two things I can't wait to see in a VR game:
    - a RTS-FPS game (basically: a strategy game where you can dive in the action as a character, like in Dungeon Keeper 2). That kind of game would be both strategic and epic, and the immersion would be terrific. I would love to order a group of minions to attack an enemy and then join their battle.

- a "true" magic battle game. I loved The Unspoken as a first VR game, but its motion system is now completely outdated. Wands didn't really appeal to me, it was relatively empty as a game and the magic system wasn't really magic.

- a VR MMORPG with a better artistic direction than OrbusVR. I like Orbus (I love its gameplay), but their world is the exact opposite of "immersive" to me. It's not appealing, nor memorable, not even beautiful...

For now that's pretty much all I lack in VR software. 
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • DogDevsDogDevs Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    Digikid1 said:
    Thought the title said something totally different. LOL!!!

Lone Echo 2. 
    I think I just figured out what you thought it said lol!
  • Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 344
    Trinity
    For me, it's the next installment of the Tex Murphy Series - Poisoned Pawn.
    edited November 2018
    For me, it's the next installment of the Tex Murphy Series - Poisoned Pawn.

Agreed - it does look awesome, and I loved the first games in the series:

It has support for the Rift + Touch. The release date is expected to be "late 2018" - which is ... now?  :D

"VR SUPPORT

VR is amazing! For anybody who has experienced some of the latest titles that take full advantage of VR and Touch Controllers, it is a very unique and immersive experience.

However, Chaotic Fusion realized something with regards to the VR marketplace: a lack of full-length content and variety. While some of the games and demos available on the various VR marketplaces provide wonderful and immersive experiences, many of them are very short.

The Poisoned Pawn not only promises to be one of the very first full-length VR experiences of its type, but it is presented in a genre that VR was truly meant to be in: the first person, point and click adventure genre. But, we are replacing ``point and click`` with ``grab and touch``!

With full VR and touch support (with plans to have this experience available on many of the most popular VR hardware platforms*) The Poisoned Pawn will provide players with a truly immersive experience. Walk, run or crawl your way through the environments. Interact with objects on a level never before experienced. Immerse yourself in a rich and detailed futuristic, cyberpunk world where your skills as an observer and investigator will help you through your cases!

* Currently only Oculus and Oculus Touch are supported. Vive support will depend on future development and dev kit access, etc."

Source: http://chaoticfusion.com/

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,150 Valuable Player
    And none of you mentioned Nakamura's Fall (formerly The Crate Simulator).

Bastards. :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,809 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    No one mentioned the best game soon to be released: Echo Combat

Also MechWarrior 5
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,056 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    And none of you mentioned Nakamura's Fall (formerly The Crate Simulator).

Bastards. :(
    Never heard of it. :*
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,056 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    Already released some time ago.  It is a mode in Echo Arena.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    Thought the title said something totally different. LOL!!!

Lone Echo 2. 
    ohhh yes

theres is always atleast one in the group :o:o
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,809 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    MowTin said:
    Already released some time ago.  It is a mode in Echo Arena.
    When was it released? It was still in beta last I checked. I’ve been away a week. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    edited December 2018
    Apart from Zed the PC Gamer's list seems quite short and doesn't bring anything new to the table - I like this thread much better ;)

https://www.pcgamer.com/vr-games-2019/

New trailer - I'm looking forward to this game:

• vfrhawkvfrhawk Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Quite looking forward to the EA release of Derail Valley next year..
    Wintermute
    The only two games I know of that look really good are Lone Echo 2 and Stormland, does anybody know of any other amazing games that are on this level of quality for VR? 

I put Lone Echo 2 in 1st place and Stormland in 2nd place, so what would be 3rd place for you?
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
    The only two games I know of that look really good are Lone Echo 2 and Stormland, does anybody know of any other amazing games that are on this level of quality for VR? 

I put Lone Echo 2 in 1st place and Stormland in 2nd place, so what would be 3rd place for you?

My 3rd place: 

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2739977019349635

Wintermute
    RuneSR2 said:

Yeah that does look good actually, I'll keep an eye out for this one. 

At least you have a date set for your game, the other two I mentioned have no dates other then 2019 ! So Sad!!! :( 
    edited January 1
    Unfortunately, District Steel seems to have been changed to Vive Only - for now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/616820/District_Steel/

New trailer - 16 minutes, so get a cup of coffee and enjoy ;)

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256738562/movie_max.webm?t=1545031649

Textures and gameplay look much better than I previously thought - this could be a very interesting title! 

I hope the "Vive Only" approach will change when the devs find out they aren't selling any copies  :D

edited January 1
    Other potentially interesting games arriving in 2019:

Profundum (January 2019):

The Rig (Spring 2019):

Nostos:

RuneSR2 said:
    New trailer - I'm looking forward to this game:

BTW, A Fisherman's Tale has gotten a launch date, namely Jan 22. And there's a 360 degrees trailer here:

Seems like Cas and Chary used this thread to make a video ;) 

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 592
    Neo
    ^^Defector looks verrry interesting.
    edited January 9
    I'm really looking forward to Shadow Legend - and hope they get most things right - here's a 25 min intro to the lastest build:

On second thought, I'm not going to watch that video - too many spoilers!  :)  :smile:

• Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 122
    Art3mis