cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve HMD leaked images surface [Rumour]

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Being reported here - https://www.roadtovr.com/report-new-valve-vr-headset-appears-leaked-images/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is certainly getting interesting...

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://uploadvr.com/valve-135-vr-headset-half-life/
We don’t see any indication these headsets could include eye-tracking, so Valve will have to use methods other than foveated rendering [...]

Not true... they could always use FOVR static and offer it up as a performance settings. Same could be said of Oculus right now. This also makes it easier in the future for when we do get ET working and then swap them out. GO already uses it and I'm sure Quest will be as well. Might as well make it a staple settings across all devices.

As for the headsets - they look define more than their older brother now. It looks like they might have cut off about 50% of the weight going to a more simple design of that of the Rift. Can't lie - it looks a lot like the Rift. The AR will be nice and a good middle ground for more VR things to come. Agree it might be for an addon such as the magic leap and a face plate will cover it when not in use? Base off the image as well - looks like the USB might be optional later on and may not be included.

Looks like this board type is also version 5. Looks like V6 will have other goodies on it.

flexy123
Superstar

Digikid1 said:

Hope that’s a prototype. It’s hideous. 

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with these. They look solid to me. The only thing which looks ugly to me are the headphones. But I read somewhere these are special headphones with tactile feedback or something.
If you want a REAL ugly HMD, go look at Pimax.

pyroth309
Visionary

flexy123 said:

Digikid1 said:

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with these. They look solid to me. The only thing which looks ugly to me are the headphones. But I read somewhere these are special headphones with tactile feedback or something.

Yea they look fine to me, very Rift like and look light. It's clearly a prototype and likely will have some decorative piece that goes on the front. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

flexy123 said:

There's worse.

k2v4m7srv1jm.jpg

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

fdkmxqib2egc.jpg

nrosko
Superstar

pyroth309 said:

flexy123 said:

Digikid1 said:

Yea they look fine to me, very Rift like and look light. It's clearly a prototype and likely will have some decorative piece that goes on the front. 

I Imagine they will look cleaner/simplified & headphones will have foam covers.  

LZoltowski
Champion
Crystal Cove (CV1 Prototype) was not pretty either.

If Valve can achieve 135 degree FOV, improved resolution, without requiring a supercomputer and bundles fully featured AAA Half-Life VR with full knuckles support at a competitive price point, then Oculus may have a real competitor finally on their hands.  AAA Half Life VR (full story not some 10 minute experience) would be an instant buy for me 

Related image
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Likewise LZ. I wonder if a new Half-Life VR game would have a pancake version a-la Fallout 4. Me thinks there would a be a lot of monitor gamers getting pissed at missing out if there wasn't.

Yes I can hear the shouts of 'then they'd know how we sometimes feel :#'

A pancake version would make a full game more likely though, compared to a cut-down version and Valve could still market a VR advantage of a timed release with VR available first. Well VR has its own advantages built-in so not sure that's even needed!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Valve aren't going to release a Half Life VR game, or if they do it'll be a collection of mini-games set in the Half Life universe like The Lab.

If any of you think for a second that Valve are going to release another Half Life game then you're more than a little insane. They're a bunch of see you next Tuesdays. If I had GabeN's address I would have sent him a turd in a box years ago.