cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go "casting this content cannot be viewed outside your headset"

DanielOS96_Sent
Protege
Any Idea why I get this message any time I try to launch any oculus go app. Like whats the point in casting if you can only cast your home and it cuts you off when you try and launch something.
8 REPLIES 8

cybereality
Grand Champion
Some apps can be casted and some cannot. It will depend on the game.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DanielOS96_Sent
Protege
How is this determined. Does the developer have to build in support for thier app? And if so how do they go about doing that?

remiludwig
Explorer
Up. We're developping an oculus go app (using Unity), and we're getting this message when trying to use screen mirroring. What shall we do to allow it ? Some permissions to add to the AndroidManifest or something?

MindPalaceVR
Honored Guest
was this resolved? Having the same issue, also developing my own app

mks_india
Explorer
pathetic support from oculus 

Jamy4000
Honored Guest
Is there any news on that ?
I'm developing apps for the Quest and the customers wants a live streaming on phone, but apparently it can't be done using Unity build, and there's no way to upload a Quest app on the Oculus Developer website without sending a document explaining what exactly is doing your app (https://developer.oculus.com/blog/submitting-your-app-to-the-oculus-quest-store/) : wtf Oculus ?

Thanks for your amazing support, as if we didn't know that already. The question is : Why ? If I want to make an app for my customers only, how am I going to explain the features and interactions if they can't even see what I'm doing ? That's just non sense.

Anyway, I hope you guys gonna fix that

Quacklin
Protege
Awesome
I was a oculus fan from the first houre on.
Loved developing for the dk1, dk2, cv1. But what you're doing with the platform is scaring me away.
For me it is very important to be able to present active prototypes to the customers without putting them into the HMD.
Your foreclosure will do VR anything but good.
Please have a heart. Open up the platform. Give developer more control. With such actions as you are currently developing, you are anything but attractive for my team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is ludicrous. cybereality, Can you please provide more info on this? How can enable this in my app? Why this feature even in place by default!