cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Software - Exiting with code 18

Taibot
Protege
Hello,

A few days ago everything worked fine and i was able to play with my Oculus Rift.
But today i had to reinstall the software and now i can't install it anymore.

I already turned of any software like antivir and my firewall and windows defender aswell.
Also i reinstalled my windows.

[Debug] [11.11.2018 16:41:44] Installing oculus-runtime.
[Error] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Librarian exited code 18
[Debug] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallPackagesStep' failed.
[Warning] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Rolling back installation.
[Debug] [11.11.2018 16:41:46] Uninstall 'Dawn.Setup.InstallPackagesStep' succeeded.

I hope this section from the log helps.
108 REPLIES 108

Taibot
Protege
I tried to install it on Windows 8.1 aswell and got the same error message

So i don't think it is because of Windows 10

huukitu
Explorer
Don't know if this will help, but heres a process monitor dump of the library service.

bloo007
Honored Guest
Happening to me as well. Already opened a support ticket so hopefully they'll figure it out.

mazdajedi
Explorer
 😕 8 days and still no progress?
why dont they open source this software so that we can solve and fix things like this ourselves? 
Since support is ranging between diabolical to non-existent, they should definitely open source it !
Secondly instead of all the fancy teaser graphics, why isnt there a verbose mode in which all the steps it is going through are listed, and any errors are listed clearly with the option to continue, rollback to last version etc.
The software also needs to be clearly broken up into modules so when they do updates you can select which module have updates, and allow you to selectively update or rollback to whatever version works for you.
Does anyone else think that would be awesome ?

huukitu
Explorer
I have to agree. It's kind of ridiculous that there is no support, even though the error message should make it clear what the issue is. Oh well, I think I'm going to open another support ticket too.

Pavel419
Explorer
Same problem.
November 17, tried to reinstall the software, but began to issue this all here.
Before this, it was updated windows:
I found this topic on the forum, but the solutions from it did not help:

Logs attached, I hope for a quick decision.

Pavel419
Explorer
There is an opinion that just in the new installer instructions are used processor SSH 4.2
I have an old AMD Phenom II X4 965, where they are not.
But before, I installed the patched software and after that the helmet and all the games worked fine.
Oculus developers - is this true?
And if this is true, then you are freaks.

other participants of the topic - what are your processors?

huukitu
Explorer
Yes, Phenom II 955BE. Worked just fine until now.
That's pretty fucked up if the reason is really that it cannot be used any more. I understand that the hardware is sort of legacy, however the limitation is superficial.

Pavel419
Explorer
Support for SSH 4.2 instructions from them is stated as mandatory.
And if they do not decide anything - on the one hand, they will be right.
But, on the other hand, when I used CV1 for a year and now I can't - due to the updates - this is wrong. Where to put it now, on the trash?

Taibot
Protege
So we all have AMD Phenom? Maybe thats the problem

But what do Oculus changed to their software? I was able to play with my old cpu pretty well until now