cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.32 Release Rolling Out Now

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Dash
    • Menu Improvements: Added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view.
    • Various performance improvements
  • Oculus Home
    • Embedded Panel Support for Custom Objects: You can now add embedded panels to custom 3D objects for importing to Home. This currently only works for solo users.
    • Home Menu: Updated fonts and added new localization options for improved functionality and visuals. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
36 REPLIES 36

YoLolo69
Trustee
The new Dash rollover menu is a great addition but I find it really blurry comparing to the other part of Dash, like if it was scaled high too much, or too much anti-aliased and that's with my usual SS 1.5. In any way, great feature for sure.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
My dash has always been blurry. I thought that was normal. My fonts can't be read unless i bring them close to my face or enlarge the screen to max size.

LZoltowski
Champion
I love the new pirate stuff, finally fits the big ole pirate ship environment, the wood texture for the ceiling is gorgeous.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Globespy
Expert Protege
Does it offer the option to stay closed when I don't need it for any apps or titles that having anything to do with Oculus home?
For example, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor2, Project Cars - yes I pretty much only race in VR.

I kinda like the new Home Dash, good job.
But can we please have an option to turn the damn thing off when not being used for any Oculus specific content like we used to? You know, the 'run as administrator' option to keep it closed when not using it.

Not sure why Oculus did this? I have a suspicion it was because they didn't like the Oculus Tray Tool and it's very simple, low resource use way of launching VR titles without the Oculus Home in the background.
I'm sure Apollyon will find a fix for this, until you patch it again...but the community will always find a way around it when you forcefully push things in their faces. 
You want widespread adoption of VR as much as we users do, there's no need to force the Home to be open to experience the VR content, especially 3rd party apps that have nothing to do with the Home Dash and simply need to the OVR service to be running.

Now, I haven't seen much of a resource 'hit' with it on unlike others reporting very high CPU usage, so good job on that.
But for those of us who leave our HMD's sitting out next to our PC's and have the Home Dash open when it detects change in light intensity caused by say my pet cats walking past it, there really should be an option to turn it off as that's when it uses resources for no reason.

LZoltowski
Champion
What's all these promotions people are talking about?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

Game promotions and sales displayed on Desktop in Oculus Client, and in your face in HMD via Dashboard.  There should be a switch to opt out of that just as there's one in any other civilized software I know of.  This is not a free software, I paid money for my device, so I should have a right to opt out of ads.

Ideally, I would like no Oculus Client starting with my games, only dash with no ads, but I guess the single purpose of it is to drive game sales up, right? ::smile:

You mean the recommended bit when you put the HMD on?

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

Game promotions and sales displayed on Desktop in Oculus Client, and in your face in HMD via Dashboard.  There should be a switch to opt out of that just as there's one in any other civilized software I know of.  This is not a free software, I paid money for my device, so I should have a right to opt out of ads.

Ideally, I would like no Oculus Client starting with my games, only dash with no ads, but I guess the single purpose of it is to drive game sales up, right? ::smile:

I cannot check anymore because after 1.32 closed the last simple door to prevent Oculus Client from starting, I moved back to 1.30FW and so did half of the virtual racers I know.  What Oculus does IMHO is counter productive, because no matter how hard they try, there will be a way around, it is just a matter of effort put in.  But, this aggressive approach harmed company image in my eyes really badly.

I am talking about the biggest tile in the dashboard, that displays: Game A, Price N, Game B, Price M.  Also, the page that Oculus Client starts with, displaying similar information.  That page should be optional, just as it is everywhere else.  Imagine Microsoft Store opening in your face every time you log on to Windows, how would that be a nice experience?

Ah I get ya. Never really thought anything of it. Steam is the biggest offender. It's quite subjective I think, I never really paid any attention to it.

0x71sdzz5ss7.jpg

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

I cannot check anymore because after 1.32 closed the last simple door to prevent Oculus Client from starting, I moved back to 1.30FW and so did half of the virtual racers I know.  What Oculus does IMHO is counter productive, because no matter how hard they try, there will be a way around, it is just a matter of effort put in.  But, this aggressive approach harmed company image in my eyes really badly.

I am talking about the biggest tile in the dashboard, that displays: Game A, Price N, Game B, Price M.  Also, the page that Oculus Client starts with, displaying similar information.  That page should be optional, just as it is everywhere else.  Imagine Microsoft Store opening in your face every time you log on to Windows, how would that be a nice experience?

Ah I get ya. Never really thought anything of it. Steam is the biggest offender. It's quite subjective I think, I never really paid any attention to it.

0x71sdzz5ss7.jpg

No, you can turn it off in preferences!  No hacks, not workarounds needed.  It is opt out choice, as it should be.  In my Steam I see only my games.   In Steam VR - just empty plane with mountains.  That is exactly what I am saying, you can turn this off in Steam/Steam VR, but not in Oculus?   That is not right.  WMR Portal also does not force it in your face on Desktop nor in headset.

I agree it is subjective, but I do not like it.  For paid stuff, I do not want to see ads.

How do you just see your games on Steam? (whats the setting) When I open steam it goes to my library but I still get the giant popup.

Be kind to one another 🙂

bagasten
Explorer
Anyone else having problems getting the pirate items notification.  I have logged into my Oculus every day since the announcement and still no pirate gear.  Not a huge deal but I get worried that other things maybe wrong.

Richooal
Consultant

bagasten said:

Anyone else having problems getting the pirate items notification.  I have logged into my Oculus every day since the announcement and still no pirate gear.  Not a huge deal but I get worried that other things maybe wrong.

I didn't get a notification, they were just there in the inventory. Look for the blue dots in the inventory.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.