cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye oculus

Karmagedon
Explorer
That'S it.I'm done with my oculus .Sold it..I can't stand the software update anymore and the regression they cause. That home things scrapped my experience with their  ecosystem for the last time. It't invasive full of bug(hire decent QA plzz) I hope there next version of hardware and software in a year will bring me back i had good time but lack of good customer support, consistently having regression in perf each and every update bring and there overall poor software design go a toll of me.Sad i was here since dk2 but thing are not improving. I bought a samsung odyssey plus..and i'm in heaven...see ya guys!
26 REPLIES 26

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I read a review on here about the Samsung Odyssey plus from a guy who covered it in great detail. He didn't reckon much to it. I've had no problems with Oculus Home, so maybe it's you computer that's not up to it or something on your PC causing you problems. Bye for now..

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/71011/my-odyssey-review/p1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Good luck with your new Samy and WMR.  Maybe see ya on the flip side!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep good luck on your new headset.
Still using my Rift pretty much daily and loving it. Oculus Home has never really bothered me, and does not seem to affect my performance.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Sorry to hear you've thrown in the towel with Oculus and sold your Rift. In a way, that gives them short-term gains since the new owner will be buying games. Since they only officially support Windows 10, it may be a Microsoft victory in the end.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Thmoas
Rising Star
Such a negative post! It's of course ok to starten to dislike the Rift and sell it, but why just drop us like that? You could at least made a review of the Odyssey+, it's always nice to hear a nother opinion. And maybe answer some of our questions!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone directly relate a Microsoft environment to "Heaven." Well done!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

vavoum said:

That'S it.I'm done with my oculus .Sold it..I can't stand the software update anymore and the regression they cause. That home things scrapped my experience with their  ecosystem for the last time. It't invasive full of bug(hire decent QA plzz) I hope there next version of hardware and software in a year will bring me back i had good time but lack of good customer support, consistently having regression in perf each and every update bring and there overall poor software design go a toll of me.Sad i was here since dk2 but thing are not improving. I bought a samsung odyssey plus..and i'm in heaven...see ya guys!

Maybe I'm lucky, but I'm monitoring performance quite closely and I haven't experienced reduced performance in games or apps due to recent (Home) updates. I do believe that Oculus takes great care to provide customers with the best VR performance possible.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Well it's apparently this poster's first input to the forum for about 3 years so not sure what the purpose of it is.

Some people give their feedback when they have an issue, fro example explain specifically what the bugs are. So that the community can offer help or even learn from it... some people just lose interest and disappear quietly for a while... or for good.

A few people announce their departure in a way that they feel scores points. Would have been interesting to know what in particular was poorly designed and what the bugs are. Software tends to be improved based on that kind of feedback.

Anyway... back to Fallout 4... my kind of heaven.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I will give the OP credit for going WMR instead of Vive. Check out this latest story of Vive Support:

HTC Vive Attempted To Scam Me of $270 For a Simple Repair

You: When I first contacted an agent about this problem It was clearly stated that this was a malfunction.

You: I am referring to my first talk with Jenny C which happens to be my first live chat with your team

Johana
V.: I completely understand you, and I saw myself the transcript, I am
very sorry for the misunderstanding, however this the right information,
I really wish I was able to give you what you were expecting, but the
thing is that based on the techs diagnose, this is actually an induced
damage, which is not covered by the warranty

You: So then how do you consider anything under warranty for malfunctions? This makes no sense

Johana
V.: Eric, that's the thing the situation is not considered as a
manufacture damage, that's why you were charged, and I am sure you
remember that Jenny told you that this was a possibility, and that it
would depend on the repair center diagnosis

You: Okay well thank you have a good day

So
as you can see this is pretty much a Scam. Honestly I would have been
fine paying for it's repair but when you're charging $270, which is half
of the price for a new headset, for particularly a small piece of
plastic which most likely costs the company 50 cents to make is pretty
much a SCAM. So I am never going to buy any products from Vive in the
future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9xsxn3/htc_vive_attempted_to_scam_me_of_270_for_a_simple/