cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.32 Release Rolling Out Now

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Dash
    • Menu Improvements: Added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view.
    • Various performance improvements
  • Oculus Home
    • Embedded Panel Support for Custom Objects: You can now add embedded panels to custom 3D objects for importing to Home. This currently only works for solo users.
    • Home Menu: Updated fonts and added new localization options for improved functionality and visuals. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
36 REPLIES 36

PTBBBassMan
Explorer
My Odyssey will be ordered soon...bye bye Oculus!!!!!!!!
Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 1080 ti, OSW DD 20nm wheel, SimRacing Machine USB converter, Fanatec F1 and Bmw GT rims, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Shifter, Fanatec handbrake, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Wart Hog hotas, GT Omega Pro cockpit, Simshaker Jet Seat

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege

My Odyssey will be ordered soon...bye bye Oculus!!!!!!!!

an Odyssey. Dude that's nothing to brag about... Great Hardware with limited developer support.  😞
1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

PTBBBassMan
Explorer
Sim racing and flight sims is 99.99% of my VR playing...so...yeah.....I'm bragging......so tired of dealing with all the problems lately with Oculus software.....
Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 1080 ti, OSW DD 20nm wheel, SimRacing Machine USB converter, Fanatec F1 and Bmw GT rims, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Shifter, Fanatec handbrake, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Wart Hog hotas, GT Omega Pro cockpit, Simshaker Jet Seat

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Sim racing and flight sims is 99.99% of my VR playing...so...yeah.....I'm bragging......so tired of dealing with all the problems lately with Oculus software.....

Ya, I've been there, done that, and now I'm back to the Rift.  

I also mostly VR with flight sims (eg. X plane  11) and racing sims (eg. assetto corsa).  Imho, the only pluses for WMR are; ease of installation, no sensors required (inside-out tracking), slightly better resolution, and slightly better colour/contrast. 

Now you can look forward to potential problems with WMR and SteamVR for Windows, including  pretty so-so Microsoft and Steam support.  In all fairness, the Microsoft WMR and Steam support staff do try to help but they do not seem to have a lot of resources.  Maybe because WMR currently has such a low user base.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the street imho.  In any case, good luck and I hope It all works well for you.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

PTBBBassMan
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

I also mostly VR with flight sims (eg. X plane  11) and racing sims (eg. assetto corsa).  Imho, the only pluses for WMR are; ease of installation, no sensors required (inside-out tracking), slightly better resolution, and slightly better colour/contrast. 

Now you can look forward to potential problems with WMR and SteamVR for Windows, including  pretty so-so Microsoft and Steam support.  In all fairness, the Microsoft WMR and Steam support staff do try to help but they do not seem to have a lot of resources.  Maybe because WMR currently has such a low user base.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the street imho.  In any case, good luck and I hope It all works well for you.

Thank you for your comments and it has given me some things to think about........
The grass statement was perfect, and I have had a few days to get over my snit......so....again thanks

PTBBBassMan
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Thank you for your comments and it has given me some things to think about........
The grass statement was perfect, and I have had a few days to get over my snit......so....again thanks

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Just learned that if you pass -silent switch to Steam, it starts minimized and you don't see it all.  Now that's how user friendly software should be.

Just because it is minimised does not mean it isn't using resources.  You can check this out with task manager.  I doubt you will find any significant diffs.  I believe the OTT also allows you to do this (startup home and Ott minimised).  

I usually manually minimise my Oculus PC App before putting on my headset just to keep my PC desktop cleaner but I have found it makes zero diff to performance.  I have found that some VR games perform slightly better with it's PC desktop projection minimised, some with fullscreen, some with windowed screen, kinda variable.  

In any case I think that all PCVR headsets require monitor rendering of some sort in order to work properly anyway.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers