cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIFT CV1 Mid Life Refresh..

Dilip
Rising Star
Oculus Quest has proven inside out tracking can also be perfected with more cameras placed at strategic point on headset also reduction in additional hardware to be placed on desk next to PC thus requiring less wiring is always more fast and easy.

In my opinion best RIFT CV1 Mid Life Refresh would be 

• Oculus Quest Type (inside out) Tracking
  • Option to connect with single cable using Virtuallink 
  • Anti SDE Displays & Oculus Go Optics
  • Controllers connected with HMD via internal blue tooth that do not require any kind of setup.

Bring it to price point of $300 will be boost to Oculus Demographic in specific and VR Industry in general. 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
They haven't perfected inside-out tracking because perfect inside-out tracking is an impossibility due to physics.

You're always going to lose tracking when the controllers are close to the headset and you're also going to have blind spots behind you.

I don't want to see inside-out tracking anywhere near the CV2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

They haven't perfected inside-out tracking because perfect inside-out tracking is an impossibility due to physics.

You're always going to lose tracking when the controllers are close to the headset and you're also going to have blind spots behind you.

I am with you there.
Love the solid tracking I get with my Rift, for PC-VR I do not want to go backwards in any of the features.
And I am already using the Virtual Link port, everything including headset HDMI plugged into it.
Loving my Rift setup!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

snowdog said:

I am with you there.
Love the solid tracking I get with my Rift, for PC-VR I do not want to go backwards in any of the features.
And I am already using the Virtual Link port, everything including headset HDMI plugged into it.
Loving my Rift setup!

So you are already using your nvidia series 20 virtual link port, obviously with an adapter?  Sorry but I don't see much point in doing this except I guess it can help free up some ports.  Any other advantages (or cons)?  thanks.

Personally I'm happy to wait for Oculus Gen2 VR and whatever tracking method it employs (maybe a hybrid?), even if we are talking 2021-2022.  At least give me time to save up for a Gen2 PC, lol!

What I would like to see soon is an affordable and stable wireless headset connection for the rift, maybe even wireless sensors.  The current tethered headset connection is starting to get a bit old for me.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

snowdog said:

I am with you there.
Loving my Rift setup!

So you are already using your nvidia series 20 virtual link port, obviously with an adapter?  Sorry but I don't see much point in doing this except I guess it can help free up some ports.  Any other advantages (or cons)?  thanks.

Personally I'm happy to wait for Oculus Gen2 VR and whatever tracking method it employs (maybe a hybrid?), even if we are talking 2021-2022.  At least give me time to save up for a Gen2 PC, lol!

What I would like to see soon is an affordable and stable wireless headset connection for the rift, maybe even wireless sensors.  The current tethered headset connection is starting to get a bit old for me.

Yes, been running it this way for over 2 weeks.
I like the simplicity of having everything plugged into that one port, and yes freed up 3 USB 3 ports along with my one HDMI port on the GPU. 

Also at times I would get a disconnect sound on bootup previous, and it would most times be my headset USB that got disconnected and would have to reboot, or unplug it and plug back in, to get it back.  So far that has not happened once with using the Virtual Link port, and everything is solid.

Dilip
Rising Star
So its proved Virtual link port is Future and need to come faster