cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one with this problem?

Roenaris
Protege
I’ve had two Oculus Rifts... And the sound in the first one completely went, and now the sound in the second one has been cracking and will go away, and come back... Or when I’m talking to people through it even if they are infront of me, (Like in Dead and Buried)  all the sound would be coming from behind me... Luckily Oculus support has been fantastic with this sound issue and have been doing their best to help me! I just want to know if anyone else has this issue?
6 REPLIES 6

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I had it and if you change the usb port it usually goes away. Do you have it connected to one of the motherboard usb ports? Just try changing it to another one..

Roenaris
Protege
Yeah, I tried everything! I have a couple friends on the Oculus that had the same problem, and they told me what to do... But nothing works. It started with just the right one going.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Take a look at this thread if changing the usb port didn't work, it could be that there's a fault and you will have to contact support if that's the case. Did you try removing the headphone and then screwing it back on to see if that works?

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/49674/right-audio-channel-not-working-great-custome...

Roenaris
Protege
I tried EVERYTHING! ? I did contact Oculus Support last night, and luckily they have been awesome... But it looks like this problem is starting in my other Oculus... And I want to prevent that from happening 

Globespy
Expert Protege
The issue is related to the failure of the very fragile electronic ribbons that are inside the plastic side straps of your Rift.
As you put your rift on/take it off these parts expand and contract to fit your head, moving in and out of the main Rift headset assembly.
Over time this causes wear and tear on the ribbons that communicate both sound and the rear sensors (the triangular part that sits on the back of your head), and they fail.

This is well documented and unfortunately it usually happens just after the warranty runs out (like in my case less than a month after the warranty ran out) and Oculus will NOT honor the warranty and either say you need to buy a new Rift or try to sell you a refurb for close to the same price as just buying a new Rift with Touch sensors.

If you still have warranty I would get in touch with support and begin the boring and long drawn out process of them asking you to check the connection for the headphones are not 'dirty', or not 'tight enough'.
Then they will want diagnostics and a bunch of other time wasting things before they will offer to RMA the Rift.

But don't delay, as your problem will continue to get worse until the headphones stop working and/or your rear sensors die.

You have been warned.

Roenaris
Protege
@Globespy. I still have the warranty, and I contacted Oculus support last night! I think I’ll have to send both of them in??