cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen - everything works... but no display!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Black Screen - everything works... but no display!

I was playing war thunder and about to engage in battle when the screen went black... no new driver install nothing... then I see that Oculus have some issue for more than a month now... what the hell Oculus!

Please fix it! and I mean like NOW! We will be expecting some form of compensation for this!! 
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ran a  driver removal tool that was supposed to fix the issue... it just uninstalled my video card driver... it didn't then reinstall a working driver.. it just deleted my driver... 

So how does that fix it? it doesn't... whats more is without a driver installed in breaks all my other games and graphics software... yeah.. thanks Oculus!

Uninstalled Oculus... reinstalled graphics driver... boxed up Oculus... continue to do my work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still Ignoring the problem Oculus! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
bump until it get's dealt with

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Black HMD screens sound strange - are you sure this isn't a Rift hardware error?

It's not an issue I've noticed (frequently) in here. 

Maybe you could test the Rift on another PC to check if it's working?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
you only have to put in Oculus Black Screen into google to see there are soooo many people with this issue. 

The Rift works... the sound works which means the HDMI is working, Home says everything is fine, The sensors work because it starts home when I put it on, and you can see the game on the monitor tracking and working fine....

Just the Screen is Black in the rift...

It is the same as all these people.... https://bit.ly/2S3OFyt

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
You seem to have investigated the issue, although nothing has helped you. Did you try to repair your Rift software (using the repair option)? 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

You seem to have investigated the issue, although nothing has helped you. Did you try to repair your Rift software (using the repair option)? 

I uninstalled home restarted the pc and reinstalled it and it was the same. 

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Well the Display Driver Uninstaller does exactly that, it uninstalls your display driver. It does not install a new one for you and I do not see any mention of it doing so either. What it does is do a complete clean up of any old driver files that might be causing any issues and sets your video drivers back to a state somewhat akin to a fresh windows install.

After that it is up to you to reinstall whatever driver you require. Personally if I were you I would just go to Nvidia's website and install the latest driver and see if that solves things, as I do not see any mention of you having tried to update your drivers anywhere. You do say you reinstalled them but do not mention if they were the latest ones or just off a disk or something that came with the laptop.

Also I notice your first post about this was around 12.45pm. It's a Sunday and this is a community forum, I don't know what you expect to achieve by spamming posts about this in a rather impatient and belligerent tone. If you have put in a support ticket, then it's only reasonable to allow at least 24 hours for them to reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the Display Driver Uninstaller does exactly that, it uninstalls your display driver. It does not install a new one for you and I do not see any mention of it doing so either. What it does is do a complete clean up of any old driver files that might be causing any issues and sets your video drivers back to a state somewhat akin to a fresh windows install.

After that it is up to you to reinstall whatever driver you require. Personally if I were you I would just go to Nvidia's website and install the latest driver and see if that solves things, as I do not see any mention of you having tried to update your drivers anywhere. You do say you reinstalled them but do not mention if they were the latest ones or just off a disk or something that came with the laptop.

Also I notice your first post about this was around 12.45pm. It's a Sunday and this is a community forum, I don't know what you expect to achieve by spamming posts about this in a rather impatient and belligerent tone. If you have put in a support ticket, then it's only reasonable to allow at least 24 hours for them to reply.

I followed the instructions which clearly stated 'This should fix your issue'  Which is didn't... and in this day and age stating it is a Sunday is no excuse... support should be 24/7