Where do you guys buy video games? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Where do you guys buy video games?

NapagadyNapagady Posts: 36
Brain Burst
Hello !

I have a question. Where do you guys buy video games? Any good online shops?

Thanks ! :))

Best Answers

Answers

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,573 Valuable Player
    Napagady said:
    Hello !

I have a question. Where do you guys buy video games? Any good online shops?

Thanks ! :))

Usually I only buy video games in this online shop. It's simply and by far the best video game shop in the world, they have the most amazing video games - highly recommended  B)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,569 Valuable Player
    Barnes and Noble because my mind is a scarier place then any video game experience can supply.
    WAAAGH!
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    Steam, Oculus store, Kinguin and Humble Bundle.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,490
    Project 2501
    Oculus store and Steam store almost exclusively. I recently bought Forza Horizon 4. I had no choice but to buy it from the Microsoft Store. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,741 Valuable Player
    The Oculus Store whenever possible because Valve are a bunch of see you next Tuesdays that can't count or refuse to count to three. I'm surprised I haven't gotten around to sending GabeN a turd in a box yet tbh.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 726
    3Jane
    Don't forget Humble Bundle - they are getting more VR titles these days, not many and not great ATM but who knows what may happen :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    I just got Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition from cdkeys for £9.99 yesterday, am going to VorpX it on Halloween...but knowing my luck Capcom will end up launching a proper VR version for Hallowen lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 726
    3Jane
    edited October 2018
    snowdog said:
    I just got Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition from cdkeys for £9.99 yesterday, am going to VorpX it on Halloween...but knowing my luck Capcom will end up launching a proper VR version for Hallowen lol
    I was eyeing that up myself yesterday - let us know if you think it is worth playing :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oculus, Steam, G2A, Itch, Humble Bundle, normally in that order. XD
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,251 Valuable Player
    Fallout 76 has got really bad reviews..
  • DinivasDinivas Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    mostly steam (usually sales) , Cdkeys.com , Humble Bundle , Indiegala,  or local retailers.
  • NapagadyNapagady Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Have you ever had bad experience with G2a ? Because I heard bad things about it
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    I prefer physical...
    I don't think those are the kind of games he means! :p

RedRizla said:
    Fallout 76 has got really bad reviews..

No surprise tbh, partly due to bugs and partly due to their bizarre decision to turn the game into an MMO. Hopefully people will be avoiding the game like the plague and Bethesda will learn NOT to make this daft design decision again for the franchise.

Brain Burst
    Oh, I see that fallout 76 has got bad reviews.. I don't want it anymore :DD How about red dead redemption 2 ?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,291 Volunteer Moderator
    For VR: Oculus store. I'll buy from steam only if it has native oculus support (not the lazy steamvr method) and is cheaper.
    For non VR: My order of checking is usually: GOG, GreenManGaming, Steam. I check Humble Bundle occasionally (and buy a ton of cool audio/video software) but I don't usually look there for specific games. I've bought from Gamers Gate too (the paradox interactive owned store, absolutely no relation to that other similar name without the "s"). They are good for harder to find russian titles.

I really should go and throw around some money on Itch.io. There's probably over a hundred games on there that were made by my students. :) Plus they have the best percentage to developers (Itch.io only takes 10% by default, compared to 30% by steam/oculus/ms/apple. You can choose other values from 0% to 100% too);

I definitely avoid places like G2A. They harm developers. As one dev said: “If you’re going to be buying Defender’s Quest from us then knock yourself out! But if you’re going to buy it from a grey-market key reselling site like G2A, then, please, please, just pirate the game instead.”

• BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 788
    3Jane
    Steam, direct from developer, Oculus store.
    Brain Burst
    OMG, look what I found ! Today is black Friday and I found a shop with very very cheap prices! I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and it's working !!!

• MrKrabszMrKrabsz Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Mostly Steam and GOG.com nowadays.