cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

RTZR
Protege
739 € for a 2080 is bang for the buck imho. Ok, it may not be the fastest custom card with the best cooling solution but hey its a rtx 2080... 

BTW: I remember KFA2 is called Galax outside Europe if you are looking for it....

7u6yz9hf9dj5.png

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

dburne said:

Well the high end PC-Gamers are certainly not hesitating getting the 20x series of cards, still even now they can be hard to find. But at the same time I know Oculus is going after more than just the aforementioned gamers.

Where is the link for the number of PC gamers who have purchased the 2080Ti? I'd be interested to see the numbers because according to Steam it shows that gamers were using cards like the Geforce 1060 and 1050, so not even the 1080's were the most used cards by gamers.

I think you've missed the point I was making here, which was that Oculus needs PC VR to work on cheaper computers from now on, if it wants PC VR to be sold to millions of people. If these Geforce 20 cards are selling like hot cakes though can you put up a link for me that gives numbers sold to gamers so far? 

I know VR isn't going to go away and in years to come we will have a headset with all the bells and whistles. But that will be when other tech is much more cheaper, so at this rate I doubt I'll see the VR I'd like to see in my life time. I''ll finish of saying what I said at the start. I hope Oculus can make higher resolution PC VR headsets, that don't rely on a powerful GPU that costs £1000 plus. That was the point I was making..

I completely agree - I think the last number I saw in the Steam Hardware Survey was that 1.45 % had a 1080 Ti. If Nvidia keeps current prices, I wouldn't be surprised to see less than 1 % using 2080 and 2080 Ti combined in 6 months.

BTW, I noted that there were only 10 Odyssey+ reviews in the Microsoft Store - that's extremely few, I can't believe that many have bought that HMD with so few reviews available, and now they've dumped the price from $499 to 299 - that's weird too, unless they don't sell anything at $499... And recent $40 games like Evasion only having 10 ratings in The Oculus Store is rather shocking - ok, the game has 20 reviews on Steam, but to me it indicates extremely low sale numbers...  

We really need many more users to support VR, and RTX would be awesome if 2080 Ti wasn't priced higher than $499 or maybe $599. Personally I really don't believe that the 2080 Ti should cost more than $599. And then I'd love to see users being able to get 1080 performance for $199 - now when RTX has arrived.  

OK, that does it - I'm buying Evasion full price today! o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
kyv0vlr0x253.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Any good? I am enjoying "somewhat" Fallout 76 at 4K 60fps with my 2080 Ti. Not had any issues with it and it's a FE as well.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Any good? I am enjoying "somewhat" Fallout 76 at 4K 60fps with my 2080 Ti. Not had any issues with it and it's a FE as well.

It's still downloading - I'm on a slow but free connection. I'll let you know hopefully later this evening (it's 7GB, so not that big - 15GB when installed). I read one 1080 Ti owner complain about Evasion performance, so maybe I'll soon need a 2080 Ti, lol. 

Fallout 76 does look great - I just need to finish Fallout 4 VR first, and I've already crossed the first bridge and entered the very first town 😉 

BTW, some more 2080 Ti gossip here:

https://www.eteknix.com/geforce-rtx-2080-ti-de-listed-on-nvidias-online-store/

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And @RuneSR2 go there again, they retracted the story nigh on, it's in red LMAO 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Techy111 said:

And @RuneSR2 go there again, they retracted the story nigh on, it's in red LMAO 

They had already done that when I posted the link - that's why I called it gossip - but still it's a bit strange, I think they've sold out before without being delisted?! Well, it's probably nothing. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

It's quite awesome - you may be able to max out every setting using a 2080 Ti - or max out everything but antialiasing (which still would be awesome) - I wrote a more elaborate review here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/71305/evasion-is-an-awesome-experience

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I've just been reading about the new Consoles and what tech they are expected have. I read they should have Ray tracing capabilities and if that's the case then why is Raytracing been used as an excuse to charge more for these Nvidia Geforce cards? If these Consoles can include it in a console that will probably sell for £499, why then is it £1000 plus for just a Geforce Graphics card?

How do Consoles manage to be cheap with all the tech they include, that's what I'm really asking?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I've just been reading about the new Consoles and what tech they are expected have. I read they should have Ray tracing capabilities and if that's the case then why is Ray tracing been used as an excuse to charge more for these Nvidia Geforce cards? if Consoles can include it in a console that will probably sell for £499, why the £1000 plus for just a Geforce Graphics card?

How do Consoles manage to be cheap with all the tech they include, that's what I'm really asking?

Because Microsoft and Sony initially make little or no money on new consoles - like:

""For both Microsoft and Sony, their latest-generation video game console hardware is unprofitable at the time of release, requiring the companies to subsidize it initially," said Steve Mather, senior principal analyst for IHS. "However, these companies easily can largely compensate for their losses though sales of highly lucrative game titles. Meanwhile, as the cost to produce the consoles decreases according to the normal learning-curve dynamics in the electronics industry, the companies can cut their retail pricing-or pad their profits. Over time, Microsoft is likely to reduce the retail price of the Xbox One in order to maintain sales momentum."

Microsoft may also be more willing to take a loss on hardware sales with the Xbox One than it has for its previous-generation products.

"The Xbox One is designed to serve as a beachhead in the home for Microsoft, with the console's capability to interact with-and interface to-other devices, such as televisions, set-top boxes, smartphones and tablets," Mather noted. "Gaining such a strategic advantage in the battle to control the connected home and Internet-enabled living room is well worth having the Xbox One act as a loss leader for Microsoft."
Source: 
https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/teardown-suggests-xbox-one-manufacturing-cost-of-471/

Instead they make money from the games. That's why console games often are much more expensive than PC games. And I'm wondering if Oculus did the same with their hardware summer 2017 and still might not profit (much) from selling a Rift for $399. 

Then again - I think Nvidia is just greedy, because they can be - Nvidia has no real competition. They're still milking the 1080 (Ti) cows just as much as last year... 

I do believe a PS5 with PSVR2 could be an extremely serious competitor to PCVR. If games are Rift quality and beyond - and you can get it for less than 1k - the math may be simple  B)

- That why I think it's so important to support PCVR - no matter if your HMD is from Oculus, HTC or Samsung - or the consoles may eat us all 😉 Already now many PCVR games were initially made for the PS4.