cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix "Graphic Jitter" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been having this problem for a few months now. Makes it hard to view anything in VR. Cannot view Home Screen, watch movies, or play games. I have uninstalled multiple times, updated drivers, and checked USB cables. Others have this same issue. They were told it would be fixed with the next update. I am now running OAV 1.32.0.729131, and still am having the same issue. What will totally fix my issue. Keep in mind i am a novice.

Windows 10, 64 bit 
MB: Asus Rog Zenith Extreme
CPU:AMD Ryzen 1900X
Mem:DDR4  49152 MBytes
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070
EKWB water cooled CPU, GPU 
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay i have just uploaded my zip file as i was informed i had not done before.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Great to hear you got the ball rolling. I do apologize to you and the other forum members I got testy with. Had a touch of the flu and I'm an ass when I'm sick. 
 Hopefully, you'll get sorted soon and get back to unbridled VR. 
 As someone who has both Vive and Oculus, I can tell you. If you get that stuttering under control in Oculus. It will certainly be the less problematic by a tad. After I got my USB issue sorted, Oculus just doesn't crash. I have had crashes and forced restarts with Vive, nothing serious but may cause you a frustration you weren't planning on. 
 What fixed the issue for me completely, in addition to removing that card, was using the Vive linkbox for both HDMI and headset USB. I have a strong feeling that would correct your issue.

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

PassionPlayer
Honored Guest
I had the same problem, it turned out to be a driver issue.
upgrading from 397.93 to 416.94 resulted this jitter problem.
Rolling back to 397.93 solved it's smooth now again.
Wonder if anyone experienced this problem.

PassionPlayer
Honored Guest
nevermind got the jitter next day with the same driver

PassionPlayer
Honored Guest
Heads up. For me uninstalling aura (asus sw) solved the problem
Also found but never tried this:

wickerman22
Honored Guest
i saw someone post that if you goto device manager and disable your gpu then enable your gpu it'll fix this. i tried it and it worked for me so far.

SgtSLAUGHTERo44
Honored Guest
Thanks Wicker, your suggestion worked like a charm. Not certain if that was safe to do but heck I now can play without jitter. Thanks!

D1WHOLIVE
Explorer
hey there to every one who has jitter or frame drops or oculus home crashing if u are runing any tipe of overclock on cpu,ram,gpu this can cause different issues gpu overclock causes jitter n frame drop, cpu n ram overclock causes oculus home no to run properly if any of you run stock speeds n your problem gets fix please post so others can enjoy vr     

D1WHOLIVE
Explorer

How many sensors to you have? You'll need at least 2 to use Touch, but if you have more, try unplugging them and see if the judder still happens. If you setup Rift by itself (without Touch) you can try this with 1 sensor. I've heard of a sensor dying and causing tracking problems like this before.

Also, try to disable or remove any unneeded software that is running the the background. That could be an issue as well. I've heard of conflicts with MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, f.lux, M-Audio, VoiceMeeter, TeamViewer and they will need to be disabled. Asus AI Suite and Sonic Suite need to be uninstalled. Also if you have Bullguard anti-virus it needs to be uninstalled. See if that helps.

cybereality call it oculus software doesn't like overclock speeds at all 

D1WHOLIVE
Explorer
n uninstall msi afterburner