cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you guys buy video games?

Napagady
Protege
Hello !

I have a question. Where do you guys buy video games? Any good online shops?

Thanks ! :))
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Fallout 76 has got really bad reviews..

No surprise tbh, partly due to bugs and partly due to their bizarre decision to turn the game into an MMO. Hopefully people will be avoiding the game like the plague and Bethesda will learn NOT to make this daft design decision again for the franchise.

Napagady
Protege
Oh, I see that fallout 76 has got bad reviews.. I don't want it anymore :DD How about red dead redemption 2 ?

kojack
MVP
MVP
For VR: Oculus store. I'll buy from steam only if it has native oculus support (not the lazy steamvr method) and is cheaper.
For non VR: My order of checking is usually: GOG, GreenManGaming, Steam. I check Humble Bundle occasionally (and buy a ton of cool audio/video software) but I don't usually look there for specific games. I've bought from Gamers Gate too (the paradox interactive owned store, absolutely no relation to that other similar name without the "s"). They are good for harder to find russian titles.

I really should go and throw around some money on Itch.io. There's probably over a hundred games on there that were made by my students. 🙂 Plus they have the best percentage to developers (Itch.io only takes 10% by default, compared to 30% by steam/oculus/ms/apple. You can choose other values from 0% to 100% too);

I definitely avoid places like G2A. They harm developers. As one dev said: “If you’re going to be buying Defender’s Quest from us then knock yourself out! But if you’re going to buy it from a grey-market key reselling site like G2A, then, please, please, just pirate the game instead.”

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Steam, direct from developer, Oculus store.

Napagady
Protege
OMG, look what I found ! Today is black Friday and I found a shop with very very cheap prices! I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and it's working !!!

MrKrabsz
Honored Guest
Mostly Steam and GOG.com nowadays.

Hello guys Htun Htun welcome 🤗

Hello 👋 everyone 

Welcome to everybodys 

Welcome to my families 💕