New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

When Will Oculus Release The CV2?

Comments

• SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    There's a video by Virtual Reality Oasis on YouTube, with 3 players in a single room playing Arizona Sunshine, all wearing the new Vive wireless adapters. The room looks to be at least 15'x15'. He said it had zero latency, even with 3 players in the same space.

• kernowkernow Posts: 733
    Trinity
    I'm just going to casually "predict" pre-orders open at:
    2018 November 14 Wednesday, 11:14 (AM) Pacific Time Zone
  • abuzz20abuzz20 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited November 2018
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,712 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    Cool vid.
    WAAAGH!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,203 Valuable Player
    Soon. ©️
    Spuzzum said:
    There's a video by Virtual Reality Oasis on YouTube, with 3 players in a single room playing Arizona Sunshine, all wearing the new Vive wireless adapters. The room looks to be at least 15'x15'. He said it had zero latency, even with 3 players in the same space.

We do not speak of trash productions. 

HHHHIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I like mike from @VirtualRealityOasis but not his new podcast. Love his own videos though. 
  • ennogsennogs Posts: 230
    Art3mis
    snowdog said:
    There should be 2018 too ... OC5 announcement, available for pre-order, shipping before Christmas.

SC Summer/Fall 2019 once the devs have had enough time to actually make any games for it.

My bad, I didn't include 2018 because I thought that was too early. I reckon we'll see it being released on the Rift's third birthday.

Can you edit that option in because you're a mod? Us non-mods can't do bugger all with polls once we post them.
    2018 was way too early. Based on recent events and based on why Brendan Iribe left Oculus I don't think we will see a CV2.  If we do see a CV2 it wil not be until about 2023 - 2025
  • ennogsennogs Posts: 230
    Art3mis
    edited November 2018
    kernow said:
    Your prediction failed.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,521 Valuable Player
    They are going to shift their focus after Quest is released to a more incremental upgrade of the Rift than originally planned with Half Dome technology. And may already have a team working on it.
    I predict second half of 2019.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    3Jane
    edited November 2018
    Digikid1 said:
    Spuzzum said:

I like mike from @VirtualRealityOasis but not his new podcast. Love his own videos though. 
    LoL. Whatever dude. I posted it in response to LZoltowski saying the Intel WiGig hadn't materialized yet.
    Spuzzum said:
    Digikid1 said:
    Spuzzum said:

LoL. Whatever dude. I posted it in response to LZoltowski saying the Intel WiGig hadn't materialized yet.
    Okay....whatever “dude”.
  • kernowkernow Posts: 733
    Trinity
    ennogs said:
    kernow said:
    Your prediction failed.
    Yep. Failed miserably.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,367 Valuable Player
    Guaranteed - when I'm skint!

3Jane
    Digikid1 said:
    Okay....whatever “dude”.
    You've got issues.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,484 Valuable Player
    Not as many issues compared to me, dude.

A certain forum member, who shall remain nameless, wants to run me over because I'm stalking her. :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Gents please keep it civil, thanks! @Spuzzum no personal attacks thank you.

As you were.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    3Jane

As you were.
    It wasn't. But bitching about my simple post definitely did feel like it. Sorry if I offended.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,144 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    Spuzzum said:
    It wasn't. But bitching about my simple post definitely did feel like it. Sorry if I offended.
    Telling someone that "they have issues" is a personal attack.  Digikid made a reference to the video, not you personally. But you responded by making a personal reference to him. If you can't handle the subject matter you present being criticized, then you might not be ready for public discourse.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    Spuzzum said:

As you were.
    Telling someone that "they have issues" is a personal attack. You shouldn't need to have that explained to you.
    Well if he's bitching about a simple post, then it sounds like there's an underlying issue
    Spuzzum said:
    Well if he's bitching about a simple post, then it sounds like there's an underlying issue

He wasn't bitching about a post, he was commenting on the video reference. You are definitely bitching about his response though, which seems a much larger underlying issue.
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,277
    3Jane
    i know the rift diagonal fov is small, but its adequate.
    If you want to check what a wider FoV does, cover the sides of your face with your hands and walk around your house a bit.

In my case, I was turning my neck all over the place as I was walking because of the limited FoV, seemed unable to casually pick up an object without first turning my head to focus my full attention straight at it, and that didn't feel like a natural experience at all... and that's with real life graphics (literally).

Then remove your hands to open up your FoV : For me that's not a small improvement, but a breathtaking change to my immersion. It seriously changes the way I move, behave and interact.
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:
    Spuzzum said:

As you were.
    Telling someone that "they have issues" is a personal attack. You shouldn't need to have that explained to you.
    Well if he's bitching about a simple post, then it sounds like there's an underlying issue.
    edited November 2018
    Spuzzum said:
    Well if he's bitching about a simple post, then it sounds like there's an underlying issue.
    You said this already. My response is the same:
    He wasn't bitching about a post, he was commenting on the video reference. You are definitely bitching about his response though, which seems a much larger underlying issue.
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    So what was the issue with that video exactly? :/ 
    edited November 2018
    Riiigghttt.....
    3Jane
    edited November 2018
    Zenbane said:
    Spuzzum said:
    You said this already. My response is the same:
    There seems to be a glitch...I didn't repost anything. This is my first post since Friday.
    No point beating a dead horse. Back on topic,

It seems that CV2 news will be completely stagnant due to the departure of Brendan Iribe. The rumor bandwagon currently involves claiming the CV2 is dead. And since Facebook never gives in to rumors... we'll have to wait 3-6 months before more concrete Rift 2 news emerges.

The next 6-ish months are all about Quest!
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,740 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    The next 6-ish months are all about Quest!
    You do know - people are going to start questing why CV1 is cheaper than Quest - along with why CV1 is not the top end anymore - this is the clam before the storm xD
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 808
    Trinity
    wigig is 5g. they say its dangerous to be close to 5g, and they want to strap it to your head, near your brains? chee…

like the "BLIND GIRL PLAYING WITH HER...CAT?" meme on youtube.
    Mradr said:
    You do know - people are going to start questing why CV1 is cheaper than Quest - along with why CV1 is not the top end anymore - this is the clam before the storm xD

I don't doubt the lack of common sense in people, my friend. CV1 is cheaper because the CV1 is just a headset and needs an external dedicated machine; whereas Quest is all-in-one. I'm sure people will still question this though, and I will be here to embrace those questions.

As for the CV1 "not being the top end," I'm not sure what that means. CV1 still has Top End experiences, like Elite Dangerous, SkyrimVR, Lone Echo, and Onward; none of which will be on Quest. So again, I look forward to seeing how all that questioning plays out.