cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I literally purchased a PlayStation for Red dead Redemption 2 yesterday and it's going back today. The Playstation controls really do suck when you are used to keyboard & mouse. What is it with RockStar that they can't just say if they intend bringing this game to the PC? I mean, why do some development teams choose to act all secretive about a game coming to the PC or not? When do you think we are most likely to hear something, or do you think it will just go the same way as the first Red dead Redemption and not arrive on the PC?

I didn't get chance to see if Red dead Redemption 2 is better then Grand Theft Auto V, which I have on my PC. But for those that have played both games what do you reckon? I'm talking about comparing the games now not the Playstation controller v Keyboard & Mouse. I just want to get an idea what Read dead 2 is like compared to GTA V. I thought it looked a really good game, but didn't stay on it long enough because I'm useless with the Playstation controller..
78 REPLIES 78

RattyUK
Trustee
I don't have particularly large hands, the Steam controller is uncomfortable and the tiny buttons are hard to reach...  The touch pads are great in principle but not practice - basically the controller is wasted on me 🙂  I ended up buying a Microsoft controller to play those games only best suited to a controller, that hurt me more than buying the Steam one!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RattyUK
Trustee

kojack said:

I saw this yesterday in JB Hifi:
agl507idabck.jpg

Best for VR (Oculus Rift). Really? Why?

Because you won't be able to see it?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Next you will see foods in Super Markets with logo's saying: "The best Steak for VR". Talk about these company's just trying to cash in on VR..

pyroth309
Visionary

RattyUK said:

kojack said:

I saw this yesterday in JB Hifi:
agl507idabck.jpg

Best for VR (Oculus Rift). Really? Why?

Because you won't be able to see it?

Thanks, I spit coffee on my keyboard. 

And yea, I can't stand controllers and don't understand how people prefer them. I guess it's just what you get used to. I can play fine with a controller but it's just not enjoyable to me for FPS/third person shooter games. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

pyroth309 said:

And yea, I can't stand controllers and don't understand how people prefer them. I guess it's just what you get used to. I can play fine with a controller but it's just not enjoyable to me for FPS/third person shooter games. 

I don't think Console users actually like the controllers from what I've read. I think it's just a case of having to put up with them..

kojack
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

Next you will see foods in Super Markets with logo's saying: "The best Steak for VR". Talk about these company's just trying to cash in on VR..

Soylent style drinks are best for VR. I can last hours in Elite Dangerous without taking the rift off thanks to a large jug of ice cold Aussielent and a straw.

Hmm, looking at the Stratus XL website, they say it has no haptic feedback.
How can it be the best for VR when it doesn't have vibration like every other controller?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

pyroth309 said:

I don't think Console users actually like the controllers from what I've read. I think it's just a case of having to put up with them..

Nah there's a bunch of die hard controller users that complain about using mouse/keyboard. Heck, several of my friends use a controller on PC which I just shake my head about lol. I mean I get that it's more comfortable but I'd rather keep my precision than goof around with a controller. My closest friend always tells me, "But i can just slouch back on my couch and play without having to be up to a desk." So I guess it's just the more relaxed/lazy way to play idk. My response to that is...get a better computer desk/chair because I'm perfectly comfortable while playing. Ergonomics is key. Half the time I'm leaning back in my chair 45 degrees and playing lol

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@pyroth309 - I created a computer chair that allows me to use the arm rest for my mouse and the other arm rest to swivel my keyboard. It's an old Ikea chair and the wood cost me £5. Oh yes and £10 for a memory foam seat that usually sits in a wheel chair because I found my arse got sore after 20 mins with the other seat. So I just sit in-front of my television now and I'm more then comfortable. I've woken up in this chair a few times with my computer still on..

It's not a VR ready chair though..

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

It's not a VR ready chair though..

That's completely trash then! 

But yea I considered doing something similar to my chair. I've also wanted to build a complete custom desk/chair setup. I've been inspired by J.P's setup in the movie grandma's boy since it came out, just need to execute it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHLR3faI7lU

Luciferous
Consultant
I have been trying to play it on my Sons Xbox and although it is a great game, the bit that should be the best part, shooting people is as boring and as awkward as hell.

I think even with a mouse it is going to fall flat for me now. I was playing Fallout VR last night and the experience is on a whole new level. 

Flat screen games are just not engaging and immersive enough for me any more. Using even a mouse now seems so disconnected, not sure I can ever go back.

I may have to hang up my hat on this one.