New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Games you wish you could play in VR?

Comments

• MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Hand of fate all the way. It would be nice to have a good singleplayer table-top game as well-crafted as that in VR. 
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,236
    Wintermute
    I would love Forza Horizons 3 in VR. 
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    Sea of Thieves would be awesome in VR 
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 170
    Art3mis
    It could be the BEST VR game ever ! But it would also be very difficult to bear, just imagine the ship on the waves.... :s
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• AnastasiaITAnastasiaIT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I also often think on this question. And there are a lot of games I can't wait to see in VR, but my top 3 are 

Red Dead, Supreme Commander, Far Cry 3. 

I am so much interested in the topic that have even written an article https://jasoren.com/vr-in-gaming/

• wanoennogswanoennogs Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    MX vs ATV reflex or another good Motorcross game. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,076 Valuable Player

There's a game with pirate ships on Steam somewhere. It's early access so very bare bones, the name of it has slipped my mind though.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,236
    Wintermute
    GTA V
    Imagine being chased and shooting out your window at cops

• GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    I basically want all the games people say would be "stupid ideas for VR" to be in VR.

Especially 3D platformers like A Hat in Time, or games like Dark Souls

I was thinking RuneScape would be nice.

I really want VR support on games like Halo: Combat Evolved, that'd be fantastic, if GZDoomVR is any standard to go by
  • FrankDrebin1979FrankDrebin1979 Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    1. The Amazing Spiderman 1+2
    2. Unreal Tournament GOTY 99
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 561
    Neo
    Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2...   Brown trousers provided in the GOTY edition :smiley:
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,514 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    GTA V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Xcom 2..
  • LucasWiliamsLucasWiliams Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I would like to suggest to read a really useful guide called "Hire augmented reality developers: tips and practices"  https://invisible.toys/hiring-augmented-reality-developers/ , if you have an AR app idea , it will be interesting information for you . 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,284 Valuable Player
    I'd love to see a Dreamfall game in VR:
    • The Longest Journey
    • Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    • Dreamfall Chapters
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • AnastasiaITAnastasiaIT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I also often think on this question. And there are a lot of games I can't wait to see in VR, but my top 3 are 

Red Dead, Supreme Commander, Far Cry 3. 

I am so much interested in the topic that have even wrote an article https://jasoren.com/vr-in-gaming/

• mattblanckmattblanck Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I like to play MechWarrior . 
    AR and VR are most promising technologies of the 21st century.If you have an idea to develop augmented reality app - https://bit.ly/2znheQv
    I'd quite like to play Hide The Sausage VR but @vannagirl is having none of it :(
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,442
    Project 2501
    edited December 2018
    Edited because replying after Snows statement made mine seem really weird and creepyz
    WAAAGH!
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 534
    Neo
    edited December 2018
    MowTin said:
    GTA V
    Imagine being chased and shooting out your window at cops

Well there is this mod, but it requires VORPX
     http://grandtheftvr.com/  
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3sff5c/gta_v_with_nearnative_quality_support_detailed/

Never got around to trying it myself.
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 485
    Trinity
    one for me would be ...left for dead!..... that would be fkn AWESOME ! I used fkn love playing that after a session down the pub..nearly shat my keks a few times when I first started playing it ….so just imagine what it would be like to play in VR ….. it would sputastic !!!!
  • Moto13kMoto13k Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Left for dead better exist soon, it would be absolutely huge.  Tron also needs to exist for VR, it's a match made in heaven if done right.
    GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 | [email protected] | Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR3 1866MHz | MSI GTX 1080 Duke | Samsung Evo 860 500GB

• Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thief!!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief_(series)

I don't have the latest but I played the first few games and really enjoyed them.
    Combine the Touch controllers and the mechanics to climb, shoot a bow and throw objects along with the stealth aspect of the game.
    I was hoping that In Death was going to mature into a thief clone. The bow mechanics would work great in a Thief VR reboot. Then use the Climb mechanics to scale walls and FoS motion for movement. 
    I want to see a game like that.

I do currently play Skyrim VR and enjoy just wandering around but I have over 1600 hours in the flat version so it lacks content for me.
    one for me would be ...left for dead!..... that would be fkn AWESOME ! I used fkn love playing that after a session down the pub..nearly shat my keks a few times when I first started playing it ….so just imagine what it would be like to play in VR ….. it would sputastic !!!!

Don't get me started on those see you next Tuesdays at Valve lol :o :D

• nroskonrosko Posts: 953
    Neo
    snowdog said:

There's a game with pirate ships on Steam somewhere. It's early access so very bare bones, the name of it has slipped my mind though.
    Skull & bones? 

Many of the games listed below will never see the light of day in VR but somewhere in an alternate reality. 
    Arma 3
    Total War
    RDR 2
    GTAV
    Abzu
    FarCry5
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    The Witness
    Witcher3
    Wreckfest
    Hell let loose
    Metro exodus
    Alien isolation(properly)
    Star citizen

Just found it! Furious Seas.

Not on the Oculus Store yet though so I won't be getting it because I'm refusing to give GabeN any more money for him not to spend on bringing any game with a 3 in it to Steam or not to bring Half Life 2 VR to the table. Wanker.

• Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    This would also be a cool game to play in VR with touch controllers 
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 213
    Nexus 6
    Would like to see these classics:

- Metro series
    - Tomb Raider series (last 2 versions)
    - Witcher 3
    - Bioshock series
    - Half life series

Tried all these in Vorpx and while they do work for the most part in Vorpx (latest version), it's not quite as good as dedicated VR, but scratches the itch. Need a powerful video card to get decent fps with high resolutions though.

Btw - Half life 2 (including episodes) works incredibly well visually in Vorpx (with 4k SS), but controls are based on 2D gameplay so a bit lacking there. Even the dated graphics transfer well to G3D. Completed all of them.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,451
    3Jane
    Battlefield1
  • Katz63Katz63 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Honestly if I could go back in the day maybe even revamp the engines used, I would absolutely love to play old eq1 and 2 in a virtual world.   Though ud have to have a bigass ball to walk in or make the camera work like you were floating and willing urself forward or it would tax ur brains.   That and the control system would need to be redone to no end as both menu and movement maybe with a gaming rework version of the touch controllers.

But it would still be sweet. As well maybe in the future when we're all walking about in surrogates.
  • DantacDantac Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    Paddy234 said:
    For me the few games i wish i could play in VR are the Witcher 3 which would have to be completely redone due to the combat being in third person. Fallout 4 which is eventually coming this year :) and GTA 5 which is probably one i'm most hoping for. I feel the GTA worlds are the most exciting and fun and to escape into a world that is already so immersive on screen would just be pure magic. A GTA 5 VR would kill tv gaming for me :)
    I'd love a first person view re-make of old old classics. 

Magic Carpet by Bullfrog. Just think about it!

Close Combat by Microsoft made with X-COM 1's 3/4th view. 

POPULOUS.