cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.33 PTC Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion

Dash:

• We've added a new system keyboard to Dash. You can access it by clicking on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of any virtual desktop window.
  • We've updated Dash's background environment with new textures and lighting.

Home:

• You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report.
  • We've added a new collection of festive items to celebrate the holidays! *
    • Assets include:
      • Decorations
        • Lodge Sofa
        • Lodge Armchair
        • Antique Sled Table
        • Lodge Rug
        • Rustic Dining Stool
        • Rustic Island
        • Rustic Long Counter
        • Rustic Square Counter
        • Rustic Long Shelf
        • Rustic Short Shelf
        • Rustic Bookcase
        • Comet
        • Cupid
        • Mistletoe
        • Cheerful Centerpiece
        • Winter Wreath
        • Christmas Stockings
        • Regal Buck
        • Snowflake the Snowman
        • Popsicle the Snowpup
        • Menorah
        • Kinara
        • Mkeka
      • Objects
        • Muhindi
        • Unity Cup
        • Gimmel the Dreidel Plushie
        • Christmas Present
        • Tales for the Winter Solstice
        • Cheerful Throw Pillow
        • Joyful Throw Pillow
      • Environment
        • Ceiling Winter Cabin
        • Details Winter Cabin
        • Floor Winter Cabin
        • Wall Winter Cabin
* Objects will be rolling out later this week.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
63 REPLIES 63

LacyChris1
Honored Guest
Hopefully Someone on this form can answer this. I have updated oculus software reinstalled it multiple times and reinstalled my display drivers but as soon as the environment tries to load in the headset it crashes i need answers 

Digikid1
Consultant
I am offended that you did not add a Christmas Tree. Kind of a dumb thing to add decorations but not a colorful Christmas Tree. 

Digikid1
Consultant

Hopefully Someone on this form can answer this. I have updated oculus software reinstalled it multiple times and reinstalled my display drivers but as soon as the environment tries to load in the headset it crashes i need answers 

Please make your own topic and leave this topic on topic. Thank you. 

eraserhead360
Protege
With the 1.33 update I noticed that all textures on the right side of the patio are overexposed by an invisible light source. I only notice this in the Vertigo environment. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
1.33 ptc seems to work ok but it seems to draw quite a lot more cpu (went from 30% to 40%).  Some of this is probably due to the high VR panel resolution setting now available under settings/graphics.  Dash also seems to hog a bit more memory.  Mine has gone fro 500mb to 750mb.  No big deal for me since I have 32gb ram.

The higher VR panel setting does seem to improve the image quality on the home panels but when you go to the store (button on dash is now on left side btw) the store panels look a little blurry to me.

The virtual keyboard does not seem to work properly for me.  If I open a desktop window and select the keyboard icon I get a keyboard window on the desktop but I also get a big black rectangle over my dashboard with an orange circle with an ‘!’.  I don’t seem to be able to use or move this.  At least I can access the ‘x’ to close it.  No big deal for me since I never use the virtual keyboard anyway,

Seems to be a lot of festive assets but this is not something that interests me.  I’m sure many will have fun with these though.

I tried a few different games from Oculus, SteamVR, and independent sources and they all seemed to work fine and I didn’t notice any difference in performance compared to 1.32.

So 1.33ptc seems to work ok but I don’t think it’s something that anyone needs to jump to from 1.32 imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

jayce1996
Honored Guest
Button for oculus store appears to have gone missing from dash since this update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting an odd blue line down toward the bottom in my Rift display with 1.33, right in the middle. Extends out in a line, then stops with a little circle shortly after where it stops. First launch of Home it was one, second launch of Home there are now two running in parallel. They stay there even whilst gaming.
Anyone else seeing this?

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Dburne, Yep same as you, first time 1 line, then two. Are there with any game. Come on Devs, this is a big annoying artifact. Please check it out and patch as soon as possible please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dburne, Yep same as you, first time 1 line, then two. Are there with any game. Come on Devs, this is a big annoying artifact. Please check it out and patch as soon as possible please.

Ok good to know I guess it was not just me, I also submitted feedback.
Thanks.