cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

Digikid1
Consultant
iRobot. Excellent movie. 

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Not sure if anyone's seen this, but I always liked the movie Payback with Mel Gibson.  It has a strange mix of dark comedy, harshness, and a modern day dystopian feel.  It's a pretty simple story line and the movie doesn't try to pretend to be anything more than it is.  But it's actually quite good.  This movie has always stuck with me.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just saw this one last night in blu-ray 3D - the wife, our 10 year-old-son and I all thought it was an awesome movie, possibly even better than the first - and no, it won't win any prices for providing the best social realism or intellectual stimulation  😉

https://youtu.be/8BAhwgjMvnM

I did have a glass or two of red wine which may have perfectly sedated my frontal lobes in order to enjoy the movie to the fullest :blush:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
As shown in my previous posts, I greatly prefer social realist and deep existential films, and luckily I got a few Black Friday  😄  

93a87maxdp5z.jpg

The kids haven't seen Jungle Book in 3D, so although it's old, got that one too  o:) Did see SW in the cinema, but my collection isn't complete without it... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant
All excellent choices.  I recently picked up a few anime English movies myself.

BoKekLolsman
Honored Guest
Guys, who's watched Mortal Engines? 7.6 on IMDb. Is it worth going to the cinema? 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Tomorrow evening my wife and I will treat ourselves once more to the 1978 zombie classic "Dawn Of The Dead". The full thing is avaiable on YT, rather than the cut version usually shown on TV, propbably due to its length. It is a bit blurry - but we can stand that for the entertainment value.

It looks a bit corny (understatement) these days, but back then it was the mutt's nuts.

https://youtu.be/jV_xEwb0ZiQ

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Napagady
Protege
Few days ago I watched "American made" . Not a bad movie but I expected more from it 🙂 7/10

Luciferous
Consultant

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but I always liked the movie Payback with Mel Gibson.  It has a strange mix of dark comedy, harshness, and a modern day dystopian feel.  It's a pretty simple story line and the movie doesn't try to pretend to be anything more than it is.  But it's actually quite good.  This movie has always stuck with me.

I love payback as well. While we are on the Mel Gibson train anybody see Apocalypto, very good.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Seen most of the films listed here and haven't seen a really good movie for about 3 months now. I would say around 1 in 10 movies are good, that's how shite the film industry has become at making decent films. I get sick of wasting my time watching the first 30 mins of a film and then switching it off..