cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.33 PTC Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion

Dash:

• We've added a new system keyboard to Dash. You can access it by clicking on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of any virtual desktop window.
  • We've updated Dash's background environment with new textures and lighting.

Home:

• You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report.
  • We've added a new collection of festive items to celebrate the holidays! *
    • Assets include:
      • Decorations
        • Lodge Sofa
        • Lodge Armchair
        • Antique Sled Table
        • Lodge Rug
        • Rustic Dining Stool
        • Rustic Island
        • Rustic Long Counter
        • Rustic Square Counter
        • Rustic Long Shelf
        • Rustic Short Shelf
        • Rustic Bookcase
        • Comet
        • Cupid
        • Mistletoe
        • Cheerful Centerpiece
        • Winter Wreath
        • Christmas Stockings
        • Regal Buck
        • Snowflake the Snowman
        • Popsicle the Snowpup
        • Menorah
        • Kinara
        • Mkeka
      • Objects
        • Muhindi
        • Unity Cup
        • Gimmel the Dreidel Plushie
        • Christmas Present
        • Tales for the Winter Solstice
        • Cheerful Throw Pillow
        • Joyful Throw Pillow
      • Environment
        • Ceiling Winter Cabin
        • Details Winter Cabin
        • Floor Winter Cabin
        • Wall Winter Cabin
* Objects will be rolling out later this week.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

nikony13 said:

dburne said:

Getting an odd blue line down toward the bottom in my Rift display with 1.33, right in the middle. Extends out in a line, then stops with a little circle shortly after where it stops. First launch of Home it was one, second launch of Home there are now two running in parallel. They stay there even whilst gaming.
Anyone else seeing this?

i have the same problem, is any way to hide that line, its so annoying especially when playing games or watching movies

I think this is something Oculus is going to have to fix.
It is quite annoying!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry but I do not see these lines.  I’m not currently using SS with ODT or OTT right now, are you?  If so maybe try turning these off.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Sorry but I do not see these lines.  I’m not currently using SS with ODT or OTT right now, are you?  If so maybe try turning these off.

I have the lines whether OTT is running or not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

yyqarekt0np0.jpg

This is what I am seeing. Whether it is in Oculus Home, or in a game these lines or sometimes a single line are always there. Down toward the bottom, so if tilt head down to look down there they are. This only started happening right after I got the 1.33 PTC update. Also I believe a couple of other folks have reported the same in this thread.
This is with an RTX 2080 Ti running latest Nvidia drivers - 417.01. Also had it with the 416.94 drivers.
Quite annoying.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe opt out of the ptc and roll back to 1.32. 

Edit; those lines kinda look like touch controller pointer lines.  Maybe try moving your controllers around and see if those lines move or disappear.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Yes I certainly can do that, but wanted to get this some attention as it obviously is an issue for at least some of us in 1.33. I am hoping they push out a fix for it at some point, or at least before 1.33 is rolled out as an official update at which point there is no rolling back.

kzintzi
Trustee
I've seen them too - they're not visible all the time, it looks like they're very thin and at certain angles they disappear, I've only noticed them when Dash is up but that's when I'm looking down...
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, I agree it's often better to try riding these PTC versions out in order to provide feedback to Oculus before they release a final public version.

I just got an new 1.33ptc download an hour ago and it has fixed my Virtual Keyboard.  Thanks Oculus!  Everything else seems to work fine for me as well.

nikony13
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Edit; those lines kinda look like touch controller pointer lines.  Maybe try moving your controllers around and see if those lines move or disappear.

i just tested and yes you are right it is touch controller pointer lines. They do move when you move controllers but the bug is they don't disappear when you don't use controllers 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Toybox does not work with the latest 1.33ptc.  Just another 1.33 glitch, lol!