cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCS World

nrosko
Superstar
Virtual Reality Update
We see VR as an amazing tool to enjoy DCS World and the future of PC gaming for many. To make DCS World even better, we’ve been working on some great VR improvements that include:
  • Optimized VR performance.
  • Touch control that allows direct finger interaction with cockpit controls.
  • Touch control to allow the right and left Touch controllers to act as stick and throttle when positioned correctly in the virtual cockpit and holding down the middle-finger button.
These will provide a much more immersive VR experience, particularly for those flying warbirds and other aircraft that do not require HOTAS controls.

Bit of good news for VR. 
17 REPLIES 17

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Optimised VR performance? When are we going to see this?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@nrosko - Can you link me to where they talk about optimised VR improvements? I'd like to know what they intended to do because as soon as I start adding stuff like tanks it runs bad. It's fine in free flight, but I want combat..

nrosko
Superstar
This was just in their latest email, nothing more said than that so far.  
Maybe worthwhile following this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225933
Also worth mentioning they have a 50% sale on atm for most modules.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Believe it when I see it. They said that in the run up to 2.5 and it was a VR disaster for most. Only relief came from a modder.

I don't trust these guys any more, especially after the VEAO debacle - stopped buying their products, but won't uninstall as I've spent a crazy amount on their software, and the hardware to run it.

I still have a guides website up for those that need it (and I know it's used a lot, so I won't take it down, regardless - in fact I am still adding to it).

https://sites.google.com/view/virtual-pilot/home

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't post on there anymore. Do you still get banned for the most ridiculous reasons?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Don't know. I had a phase where a certain admin was giving me a hard time all the time for reasons which were unclear (editing my posts without giving a reason for example, and deleting several - one just for mentioning nazi's - apparently it's likely to start WWIII) and I'd had enough and disappeared - taking down the utilities and guides I'd uploaded, which upset a number of members who used them regularly.

Since I went back on the forums, I've been left completely alone. So who knows.

There was a time when loads of people were being banned for silly reasons (and many because of their reaction when they got warnings etc) - the mods got over zealous, but most of those mods were 'cleaned out' or were reined in and things settled down a lot more. You still see a ridiculous amount of deleted posts there - it's a bit silly. I think one or two mods must spend all day going round deleting posts.

tbh I spend as little time as possible there. I post if I've done any new stuff for my website and on the rare occasions I think I can help someone with a problem - but that's only after looking at the latest posts of that day - maybe a couple of times a week.

I think it's a hostile environment - and I don't just mean moderators.

I originally moved to Mudspike, after several recommendations, and it was pretty much okay - but there was a popular poster over there who was always trying to humiliate me for some reason (ego probably - it's the normal reason people do these things, especially the types that seem to think they know everything) and in the end I ditched that, too. Fuck 'em, I say.

Fuck em all, fuck em all, fuck the long, fuck the short and fuck the tall! 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

nrosko
Superstar
It's like a lot of sim forums. Full of insecure adults wanting to take it out on somebody. I don't spend much time in DCS forums though I find the navigation of it a bit of a mess. I've no idea what i'm talking about either when it comes to flying fighter planes.  

falken76
Expert Consultant
I guess VR improvements would be nice, but I want them to switch to that vulcan API so it runs better on the hardware it requires, they've been saying they were going to do that forever.  And yes, they still ban people over anything.  I got banned on Steam for complaining that the Steam version of the F18 didn't have the same discounted price as stand alone.  Bam, banned.

nrosko
Superstar
Think we will see vulkan early next year, unless they scrapped it.