cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! - Stuck at "Wifi connected, continue in Oculus App, your headset is updating, continue on app

robby69l
Honored Guest

I setup my oculus go, but after pairing of remote, the oculus go screen remains at
"Wifi connected, continue in Oculus App, your headset is updating, please take off your headset and follow the steps in your Oculus App on your phone".
Can't get past this point.
Says Oculus Go is connected in Bluetooth settings on iPhone.
I have tried turning Oculus Go, off/on
Uninstalling Oculus App and reinstalling
Changing wifi network
Factory reset
Same issue, can't get past the "your headset is updating" follow steps in Oculus App on your phone MESSAGE

**I made a support ticket**

26 REPLIES 26

robby69l
Honored Guest

After several back and forth with support.  I "removed" every Bluetooth connection I had on my phone, even though they weren't connected, and changed to 5ghz home connection for both phone and headset.  Same issue at first, then a message on "phone" popped up saying your headset needs updating, want us to notify you on your phone when ready?  Headset quickly updated, and everything proceeded fine.  Also noticed it was first time that controller showed a MAC address on the oculus phone app, even though the Bluetooth controller always worked fine.  Glad I stuck with it, rather than sending it back.  I had probably 25-30 Bluetooth parings on my phone, even though as I said, none said currently connected.  I believe that was the issue.

Thanks to Oculus support.  Even though it took a day initially, I got 3 responses after my initial one, even on July 4th.

Winkspab
Honored Guest
10 September 2018,  I have the same problem as above.  I erased all of my Bluetooth connections like he did.  I do not understand his 5ghz part and, I am still turning around in circles.  I still have the lady in White telling me to take the headset off because, it is updating???  Please Hhhelp.
Winkspab@gmail.com

UnityDevStudio
Honored Guest
Same issue on my side. I also tried to erased all bluetooth connection but still have this issue. Please help!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here. How can this still be an issue (it's now December 2). I'm returning this thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar problem at first start.
No matter what I tried it seemed impossible to "sync" phone and GO.
Then I noticed that both devices need to be connected to each other by BT AND WiFi!
Until then I tried the GO first and simply followed the instructions and steps.
As a try I did it the other way around:
To erase all that happened already I did a factory reset on the GO and the left it off.
Started the app on the phone after uninstalling it (again to just remove all traces so far) and tried to search for my headset as the app won't go anywhere without a paired headset.
I made sure my phone is visible in the BT settings AND that my WiFi is not hidden!
Then I turned on the GO and the connection to the phone was a breeze.
After the initial setup I waited a few minutes assuming some update would be available and sure enough when my pizza was ready I got a notification to update my GO and Controller.
From then on all went as plannned here.

So if you are still stuck and the deleting of all paired BT devices did not help:
Start from your phone and make sure it is visible!

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes it's important to have Bluetooth enabled and discoverable on your phone
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kazzycs
Honored Guest
If you get headset updating follow through in phone app 
make sure you watch the full video in the app then it works!
i didn’t watch it as I didn’t think it necessary but it is! I spent hours until I watched the video clips in app . 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any one have any luck I've tried everything here and I cant seem to get my headset online. I actually have 10 i need to get online for my job but I keep getting stuck at Headset update in progress.

Anonymous
Not applicable
same issue here