cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like RTX got a big boost in one of their games

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not bad for early early access to the tech. Less than a few months of it out and already a 50% performance boost. Wait the stander 6 to 12 months and I wonder if RT is the way to go? I know they can increase performance another 25% with a few more tricks. That should put it back on par with running the game natively and more games to support RT in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wy45bQe_XA
28 REPLIES 28

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Looks good - for the extremely few users who have a RTX card. The video may work more like a commercial for Nvidia...

Numbers just came in - the Steam Hardware Survey for November. Now we should be able to see the first RTX cards - but there're none - zippo - zero:

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Thus in November less than 0.15 % of Steam users had a RTX card (and there're about 100 video cards on the list). I'd be surprised to see that number increase greatly unless the price drops a lot. Unless Nvidia pays for it, as a developer it may not make sense spending a lot of time trying to optimize and implement RTX tech. 2c. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

bigmike20vt
Visionary

so looking like a decent 60fps at QHD.

had i of seen this 2 months ago i may have kept my 2080ti order in!.

I
never doubted raytracing was the future of videogames but i am more
hopeful now that 4k / 60 with RTX will be doable next generation.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm glad I got mine if only for BF5 for now in full 4k and with ray tracing. I get killed so many times coz I'm looking around and my jaw drops lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

That looks so good.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Battlefield V is a totally shite game imo. They totally destroyed the Gameplay with each new version of Battlefield. But like @RuneSR2 said, they will have to drop the price of these cards at some point if they want devs to even bother with RTX. As we've seen in VR already, devs like to cater for the masses and not just the few. Anyways, I think full RTX games are 5 plus years away, so hopefully prices might have dropped by then and more people can afford these cards..

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Too many self-righteous Youtubers and writers talking much shit about stuff they only speculated or assumed, to a baying audience who couldn't afford the price of entry - can't afford it, so let's trash it mentality. Not willing to give things a chance to blossom, so many pathetic assumptions made. Unbelievable really. Next time go with your gut instinct then you will be happy, ignore the frigging noise out there. A lot of those naysayers really need to eat their words or stfu now or better yet just FOAD - that's fall over and disperse 😉 . Credibility was low before, now it's zero. The mouthpiece of a generation of opinionated ignorant (cover your ears kids - deleted expletives).

>:) 

Disclaimer: I hold nothing against Youtubers and the like that offer an unbiased opinion, or even advice for a product. But the matter of fact dictation and their opinion is fact or absolute, which if you ignore then you are shit. Grinds my gears.  You can't sit there and tell people point  blank that they will be wasting their money. What kind of arrogant idiot are you to make such a claim when you don't even  have the full facts before you. Many of those people need to remove their egos and reassess whether they are prosumer or not or just out for clicks/hits/promotion for their Youtube channel/website.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

Looks good - for the extremely few users who have a RTX card. The video may work more like a commercial for Nvidia...

Numbers just came in - the Steam Hardware Survey for November. Now we should be able to see the first RTX cards - but there're none - zippo - zero:

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Thus in November less than 0.15 % of Steam users had a RTX card (and there're about 100 video cards on the list). I'd be surprised to see that number increase greatly unless the price drops a lot. Unless Nvidia pays for it, as a developer it may not make sense spending a lot of time trying to optimize and implement RTX tech. 2c. 

I have an RTX 2080 Ti and was not asked to do the survey. I login to Steam daily.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Feel better mate?  😄 I don't listen to their nonsense or watch them, I make up my own small little mind, so far "pig in shit" comes to mind. Love my 2080ti and it's the 1st TI I've ever ever owned 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
So you're enjoying your RTX card, so am I. That's two happy customers at least. So who are those people telling us how to spend? They think we're the spawn of Satan for doing so with Nvidia at the helm being the monopolising devil incarnate. 

I'll only feel better when people get a grip, admit they were wrong or misinformed, or premature and be honest with their listeners that they were simply jumping on the Nvidia hating bandwagon for the lols and traffic. 

I think there were some people out there (the good guys) who suggested the RTX 2080 Ti cards were:-  Really nice, but totally expensive and not worth their weight at present unless you were after 20% gains in normal games regardless of cost. Maybe better to hold off until more content is available which highlights the core features of the cards. Like wait until DLSS is available as well to see how that works out. So far we have one FFXV demo (DLSS) a Tomb Raider demo at 1080p and BFV to highlight the features. Not really much to go on. Now BFV has improved significantly and still there is more to come.  But still not enough to sway audiences on a budget. But there is hope and progress and that's a good thing. It's a waiting game. Buy in now at the expensive cost and be an early adopter and not look back. Or bide your time. Prices might not come down that much if at all, but at least more showcase content will be available.

Or 

Don't buy these useless overpriced wankers cards. You're part of the problem if you do. They suck, and are not worth it. EVER. Listen to me I am a tech GOD I tell you how to spend your money. It doesn't matter if Nvidia provides me with RTX cards to feature on my Youtube channel. I will send them back once I am done with them...honest.