cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rifter from day one, technical problem, bad support experience

RTZR
Protege

Hi Rifters,
Today I would like to share my exp with you. It was the first time I had to contact customer service and it was really disappointing. 

Here is my story: 
  • I preordered the Rift for 700 € to Germany, preordered Touch for 200 and I am running a setup with 3 sensors.
  • Two weeks ago I upgraded my video card to a rtx 2080. I made a win 10 fresh install and reinstalled oculus,too. Connecting the card via hdmi to a monitor works. 
  • When setting up my rift i noticed black lines on the right eye. I reseated my cables but it was still there. 
  • I contacted Oculus and after some support routines "reinstall", "check hardware requirements" and so on. Finally I sent in my log files. 
  • One week later the customerservice offered me a refurbished hmd for "a reduced price" of 299€ with a limited warranty of 6 months because warranty for the preordered rift is over of course. 
  • A new  touch bundle in Germany is currently offered for 379 with full warranty of two years. I think you got it. 
  • I wrote back and asked if i can send in my device for testing it. I offered to pay for this kind of service. I mean if only the cable or a connector is broken i do not need a complete new hdmi. 
  • The support told me there are no other options after the warranty is over and closed the case.

After spending more than 1300 € over the last two years I think it is a very sad story. I am really thinking about leaving the oculus family now. 

What do you think about this ? Do you have made a similar experience?  

Cya
Nicolas

2xrp4gb9szgl.pngyv5ha32m9umt.png

11 REPLIES 11

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
He did check on another PC, so there's something wrong with the Rift by the looks of things. I take it he experienced the exact same thing on the other PC, but he didn't say if it was the same thing on the other PC or not..

RTZR
Protege
HMD was not found at all in the oculus setup. Checked it again and the first and last pin of the hdmi look like they are bent. Maybe it was damaged when i changed the gpu. We will See when my new cable arrives.

Would be great to enjoy vr during Xmas holidays...

Edit: seems like I am not the only one with this. Found this https://www.google.de/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi7tqWJoIffAhVKEVAKHTczDRsQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Foculus%2Fcomments%2F8dbqmv%2Five_owned_2_rifts_the_right_eye_has_failed_in_both%2F&psig=AOvVaw2YSvM32LD7MQmKSf3e8PDk&ust=1544049853578744
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?