New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC?

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,780 Valuable Player
    edited November 2018
    @SkScotchegg - Does it play well on the Standard Plastation 4? Does it have a constant 30FPS because pre patch I heard it suffered with FPS drop in towns? I already took two Playstation 4 Pro back because I thought it was to expensive for a couple of games I want to play and this been one of them. Plus PlayStation 5 isn't that far away. I will have to to wait for the Christmas sale though because they have gone back up in price, but if it works well on the Standard Playstation 4, then I might consider it. 

The woman in the shop is going to think I'm barmy going back for a third PlayStation.. 
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,278
    Wintermute
    RedRizla said:
    @SkScotchegg - Does it play well on the Standard Plastation 4? Does it have a constant 30FPS because pre patch I heard it suffered with FPS drop in towns? I already took two Playstation 4 Pro back because I thought it was to expensive for a couple of games I want to play and this been one of them. Plus PlayStation 5 isn't that far away. I will have to to wait for the Christmas sale though because they have gone back up in price, but if it works well on the Standard Playstation 4, then I might consider it. 

The woman in the shop is going to think I'm barmy going back for a third PlayStation.. 

Hey mate, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. It seems fine to me but no idea about what fps I actually have. I don't have any issues with it though.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:

No that i know much but i have had a standard PS4 since launch and it plays everything it load just fine and plays back any game i have ever tried. If it was a poor version it would be all over the gaming media and i haven't seen a single thing. They optimise both consoles i believe.

That said, im not styling my inner cowgirl this season, maybe on ps5
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,159 Valuable Player
    Meh. I'm boycotting consoles now because I refuse to pay for online play. Fuck that. I'm now a proud member of the PC Master Race and do 100% of my gaming in VR. I WAS tempted to get a PS4 and PSVR for Resident Evil 7 but decided against it.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    That put me of a bit having to pay to play online when you already pay a service provider to get internet access..
    snowdog said:
    Meh. I'm boycotting consoles now because I refuse to pay for online play. Fuck that. I'm now a proud member of the PC Master Race and do 100% of my gaming in VR. I WAS tempted to get a PS4 and PSVR for Resident Evil 7 but decided against it.
    Ps plus is great value over the course of a year you could game for free bascially, lots of great titles especially if you are new to Sonys eco system.

if you ever change your mind i have a free psvr, used once that needs a good home
    Thanks for the offer @vannagirl but it's PCVR all the way for me!

Hmmmm...was that offer just in case I become Forum Admin now that @cybereality is leaving..? WHEN I become Forum Admin, don't worry, I won't ban you as long as you keep missing with your car! :p
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,208 Valuable Player
    Cybereality is leaving?  :open_mouth:
    Cybereality is leaving?  :open_mouth:

Yes, He announced it another thread..
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 818
    3Jane
    edited December 2018
    My guess is to double dip. Many, as we see in comments will just buy it for console now, then possibly buy it again for PC later if and when it becomes available. If they announced a PC release now many would wait instead. I've got an X I could play it on, but I'd still rather play it on PC (just for the frame rate) so I'll wait for it to get cheaper and by then there might be some news for PC release. I still use controllers on PC, cant stand K&M. Just FYI though RDR1 was never released on PC, so I wouldn't for sure expect it.
    Well I've decided to get a Playstation 4 when they are on sale again. I heard that the PlayStation 4 pro has a problem with RDR 2 and that the graphics appear blurred in 4K. 
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,718 Volunteer Moderator
    snowdog said:
    I've been thinking of getting an XBox One X. But I just want it as a 4K UHD bluray player.
    I need two bluray players, one region free (I bought some movies online from overseas) and one for 4K, but I haven't found one that does both easily. I've already got a cheap Laser brand region free player.

I already have a large backlog of games on PC I haven't played or finished yet, console exclusives aren't adversely affecting me. :)

snowdog said:
    just in case I become Forum Admin

edited December 2018
    RedRizla said:
    Well I've decided to get a Playstation 4 when they are on sale again. I heard that the PlayStation 4 pro has a problem with RDR 2 and that the graphics appear blurred in 4K. 

works out to be just over 200 for the console

Blu-Rays? Pah! Discs are for wimps...you're better off just watching Blu-Ray rips with something like VLC Player instead. And @kojack you have just gone top of my list of people in line for a ban.

By the time I'm finished there'll just be me and @vannagirl left and I'm going to rename it the @vannagirl and @snowdog Lurve Forum. You heard it here first. <3<3<3<3<3

edited December 2018
    snowdog said:
    Blu-Rays? Pah! Discs are for wimps...you're better off just watching Blu-Ray rips with something like VLC Player instead. And @kojack you have just gone top of my list of people in line for a ban.

By the time I'm finished there'll just be me and @vannagirl left and I'm going to rename it the @vannagirl and @snowdog Lurve Forum. You heard it here first. <3<3<3<3<3

• ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 538
    Neo
    edited December 2018
    vannagirl said:

My god, that's horrible!

I ended up Google searching that image and not only did I get the story for that one but also another video of a Chinse kid being run over in a car park. Apparently none of those 3 kids died in that clip, thank god, but the aftermath shots showed plenty of blood stains on the floor. I think they suffered more than a grazed elbow.

But yeah, that'll teach em for playing on the floor in the middle of a car park.

All that censorship and state surveillance and still this happens. Ah, China.
    Serves them right for skiving away from their job in their dodgy sweat shop, they should be busy making me some new clothes from Primark for Christmas. Little brats. They got what they deserved!!! :p:D:D:D

• BoKekLolsmanBoKekLolsman Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Although, I'm playing it on PS4 I'm really looking forward to it to be released on PC. Hope when PS5 and XB2 are released RockStar will make a remake/remaster
    edited December 2018
    @BoKekLolsman - Would that be a PS4 or PS4 Pro? Do you notice any blurry graphics?
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 228
    Nexus 6
    https://uploadvr.com/red-dead-redemption-2-vr-oculus/

This is so exciting, but still not going get my hopes high, but ....  o:)
    vannagirl said:

My god, that's horrible!

I ended up Google searching that image and not only did I get the story for that one but also another video of a Chinse kid being run over in a car park. Apparently none of those 3 kids died in that clip, thank god, but the aftermath shots showed plenty of blood stains on the floor. I think they suffered more than a grazed elbow.

But yeah, that'll teach em for playing on the floor in the middle of a car park.

All that censorship and state surveillance and still this happens. Ah, China.

China doesnt care, visit liveleaks you will see some shocking examples of how little they care for each other.

Appolgies also, no offence was meant by the video
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    @vannagirl I hate to censor but that vid could be potentially triggering to someone, I have removed it in this instance. Hope you can understand.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    @vannagirl I hate to censor but that vid could be potentially triggering to someone, I have removed it in this instance. Hope you can understand.
    No i am fine, it was not the video i thought i was linking

Appolgies again
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,658 Valuable Player
    Great now I wanna know what it was!
    WAAAGH!
  • NapagadyNapagady Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Hello ! I want to buy RD2 for PC but I couldn't find anywhere. So I bought it on my Xbox from https://www.eneba.com/xbox-red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-one-xbox-live-key-global
    Is it a mistake to play this game on Xbox? Because I'm more PC gamer. But I will try to play this game on my Xbox. 

Glad to hear that it is a good game and that buying this game was worth it ! :D
    edited December 2018
    I have the game on Xbox (or my son does) if you like X-Box controllers it is a first class game.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,278
    Wintermute
    Napagady said:
    Is it a mistake to play this game on Xbox?

Not a mistake mate, both consoles are amazing, and Xbox One has decent graphics, it will no doubt look exactly the same as PS4 version.

And the PC version will probably take at least 1 year or more to come out.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
    edited December 2018
    Bit blurry on the XBox One, but by no means bad..

Not seeing much of difference but having played Rift games almost exclusively for 5 years, you tend to expect blurry. 2D all looks pretty good to me.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Once this will be out on PC it will crush all them consoles. Once the modders get their hands on the game, it will look even better. Have you guys seen what the modders are doing to GTAV? It's unreal how far they are pushing that old engine.

Original

Image result for grand theft auto 5

Moded:

386d0d ss 10

386d0d ss 4

386d0d ss 8

D1b596 overcast

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)