cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Image Problems in Elite: Dangerous

GenuineMilkman
Sightseer
Hey all was just wanting to create a new post for this thread as it was marked as "answered" but all problems persist.
The effect does not appear when playing in flat mode and seems to be replicated when HMD is held at a certain angle. Changing all graphics settings has not resolved issue.
I was able to briefly catch the "Flashing Images" phenomenon on video, however it appears much brighter than the the video shows: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Efeith_khOw

Specs are:
Intel Core i5-4440 @3.10GHz
24 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070 8GB VRAM

Effect is consistent across Oculus Install and Steam Install.

Has anyone found a fix?
3 REPLIES 3

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
Hey GenuineMilkman!

There's a lot of scope for a cause of this problem so I'd recommend sending us a ticket so we can work with you to sort this out. 🙂

CMDR Tronador
Frontier Support

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Well since yesterday's big update to Elite, I've been getting those images again - but at specific points in gameplay - just after exiting supercruise. I really don't think this is a Rift issue as such - I think it's certain graphics conditions in a game that cause this to happen. I used to get it in FSX in VR as well, and as mentioned in the other thread, several people were seeing it in Project Cars 2.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been having the same issue recently in ONLY Elite as well. no other title causes this so I am un aware as to what could be done as I have also exhausted all settings changes possible. WIth a 4670k at 3.9 anda Aorus 1070Ti it just cant be the rig.