cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Time Has Come

cybereality
Grand Champion
https://twitter.com/cybereality/status/1068565354924912646
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
191 REPLIES 191

kzintzi
Trustee
that's friken hilarious :smiley:  
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kevinw729 said:

I agree with both point - and especially those banned should stay banned just to avoid further fuel on the fire.

Regarding the maturing of the debate - I wanted to see more VR discussion, but there seems to have been an issue with some to seeing none OVR discussion.

I hope with Quest we will see a new calibre of poster - I was surprised we did not see that with Go, but I understand that the penetration may not have been as wide as previously hoped.

We'll personally I think it's about fucking time that we had a higher calibre of posters that don't use shitty profanity all the time, because currently we have wankers swearing all over the fucking place.

Oh.

Bollocks.

Snowdog, I can honestly say, that without question, you are in a calibre all your own.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Snowdog, I can honestly say, that without question, you are in a calibre all your own.

My Mum says I'm Special, I went to a Special School and everything. B)

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

kevinw729 said:

I agree with both point - and especially those banned should stay banned just to avoid further fuel on the fire.

Regarding the maturing of the debate - I wanted to see more VR discussion, but there seems to have been an issue with some to seeing none OVR discussion.

I hope with Quest we will see a new calibre of poster - I was surprised we did not see that with Go, but I understand that the penetration may not have been as wide as previously hoped.

We'll personally I think it's about fucking time that we had a higher calibre of posters that don't use shitty profanity all the time, because currently we have wankers swearing all over the fucking place.

Oh.

Bollocks.

Um ... mod hat on ... please refrain from stronger language 🙂 

Per PG-13 guidelines you are allowed one F-word per performance 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

I hope you are not belittling current forum users by that statement @kevinw729 🙂

Its a good point @LZoltowski - rather than calibre I should have said quantity - to be frank we hardly see Go posters, the Rift posters seem more focused in these general discussions. No criticism of the quality was intended.  B)

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
When I joined this forum in 2016, both the Quality and Quantity were quite terrible. For example, anyone remember when this forum was damn near 90% Vive and 10% Oculus at best? It was so bad that poor Maxpare had to create a Vive thread asking everyone to keep the convo in one place:

Ok I am kinda of tired of seeing the Oculus forum flooded with VIVE
threads, don't really get why people post about it here, but I am not
going to try and stop anyone of doing so, but please use the a single
VIVE thread for it, remember that this is an Oculus forum, and it's
kinda of annoying when you want to talk about the Rifts and threads go
on the second page because of out of topics VIVE thread... Talking about
headset when both were just prototypes and all was cool but it would be
nice to have separate forums now, it would also help the general mood.
Anyway I am not a moderator but with both headset being released I
believe this time has come... Hope Cybereality does something about it

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/30962/official-vive-thread/p1

I'm very happy to see the progress that this forum has made, especially in terms of the caliber of poster. Not everyone will be happy about how this forum has evolved, but those who are here for the right reasons are what make this community so awesome. And I, for one, and very happy about the friendships I've made over the last 2+ years.
🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bollocks. 😄 😄 😄

Luciferous
Consultant

RedRizla said:

Cybereality, last active 5 days ago. Does this mean he hasn't even visited the forums in 5 days?

Well he can still view the posts as a guest. So I am sure he is reading our kind wishes, conspiracies, struggles for power and I see currently we are at the turning on each other stage as forum society breaks down. I for one will be stockpiling games and tins of dog food for the inevitable VR apocalypse.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

When I joined this forum in 2016, both the Quality and Quantity were quite terrible. For example, anyone remember when this forum was damn near 90% Vive and 10% Oculus at best? It was so bad that poor Maxpare had to create a Vive thread asking everyone to keep the convo in one place:

Ok I am kinda of tired of seeing the Oculus forum flooded with VIVE
threads, don't really get why people post about it here, but I am not
going to try and stop anyone of doing so, but please use the a single
VIVE thread for it, remember that this is an Oculus forum, and it's
kinda of annoying when you want to talk about the Rifts and threads go
on the second page because of out of topics VIVE thread... Talking about
headset when both were just prototypes and all was cool but it would be
nice to have separate forums now, it would also help the general mood.
Anyway I am not a moderator but with both headset being released I
believe this time has come... Hope Cybereality does something about it

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/30962/official-vive-thread/p1

I'm very happy to see the progress that this forum has made, especially in terms of the caliber of poster. Not everyone will be happy about how this forum has evolved, but those who are here for the right reasons are what make this community so awesome. And I, for one, and very happy about the friendships I've made over the last 2+ years.
🙂

To play fair - at that time - Vive didn't really have a home/place to be. There was Oculus and Vive and everyone was holding their breath in what was going to be the best in terms of a platform and hardware. All in all - the forum was being used as a VR hot spot more than just Oculus forum.

I wouldn't say the changes to moving Vive threads help any but the fact of time moved everyone to their respected spots. Vive finally had their own official forum and a number of Vive users/customers moved to that forum instead. People found out the information they wanted and time curve the over all interest into what everyone wanted to know/want. For example, we now have https://www.roadtovr.com/ that wasn't really a thing yet - but now is a place you can go for news on upcoming VR related things.