cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Won’t Recognise Rift HDMI

wrightys7
Honored Guest
Hi, new to this and a bit of a computer numpty so please be gentle. Just purchased a second hand, but nearly new Rift to use with my driving simulator and for the life of me cannot get it to recognise the HDMI, but it has picked up all three USB’s.

Presently I’m using triple screens through my Nividia gtx1060. I updated The graphics card as suggested and unplugged the monitor using the HDMI port to plug in the Rift, no good... Next, I unplugged the monitor using the VGA port and used the HDMI to VGA adapter that came with the Rift and tried it through the VGA port, no good... The only thing I’ve been successful with is turning the white light to orange inside the headset :/. I’m now not sure what to do next so any help would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, I know it works as the guy showed me it working before I bought it.
6 REPLIES 6

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Hi mate and welcome are you using triple head to go ? Any plugins like that need removing so the rift will go into the gpu and one monitor into it as well. Any probs still then just ask 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

KimChiSammich
Honored Guest
That's alot of connections communicating with a single GTX1060.
Try searching for people who were able to solve this problem using an active HDMI adapter.

I just now fixed my orange light issue by connecting my monitor via HDMI and putting an HDMI>DVI adapter on my Oculus connection. Both are plugged into my GTX1080ti and now I can finally turn on my Rift without having to unplug and replug the HDMI every time.  Don't give up! You will solve this.

wrightys7
Honored Guest
I did come across a post on this topic so will go back through my history thanks.

Thought it would be an easy process to revert back to a single screen and just use HDMI port for the Rift. That way I could remove two of the three plugs but, for the life of me I can’t remember how to do it through the Nividia programme 😕 “did say I was a PC numpty 😉

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I did see numpty somewhere in your post lol good luck and keep us informed 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

wrightys7
Honored Guest
All sorted now and working ? Disconnected monitors and rewound to a single then a quick re install of the Oculus software and everything worked fine. Only issue is there is a warning about the headset USB, says it needs updating, but updated to the latest version and still says needs update.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Did you restart Oculus home after a pc reboot.....as in turn it off and on again 😉