cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we couldn't install (Title)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

-brought game of oculus store
-click install game
-game starts to install
-stops around half way 
-receive a notification saying "sorry we can't install game"

I tried about 10 times to install it, deleted and reinstalled the oculus program, deleted any trace of previous downloads, deactivated virus protection but all results lead to it not installing 

Fyi, game was elite dangerous so, also have around 200 gbs of free space
56 REPLIES 56

Myurton
Explorer
Same problem today with Lucky's Tale, and no disk space is not a problem.

I even disabled anti virus, and elevated the oculus program to have admin privileges. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure your Oculus game folder is not in Program Files, or any other Windows restricted folder. It could be something like E:/RiftApps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
I just bought a couple of larger ssd disks, did a fresh install of Windows, Oculus and Steam.

I backed up my steamapps and restored it to my new steam install - so this just works...it always works.
In fact, steam is so simple you could pick up your steam install with the Steamapps directory and move it wherever the hell you want and it will work.

I also backed up my Oculus\Software folder as outlined here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/59076/backup-restore-oculus-rift-games

I have a 1tb ssd for my oculus library.  I've installed the Oculus software to the default C:\Prog files.... location.
My library is on the V:\Oculus folder (the new 1tb ssd).  I restore the Software folder in V:\Oculus and I go to the Beta menu and restart Oculus.  I also restarted the pc.  The game files are there and the I can click on a game to initiate the install. 

I get the same as above.  "Sorry, we couldn't install <app title>".

Restore NEVER works!  Either your documentation is wrong or incomplete!

I've done system wipes before and my steam folder is always up and running within seconds.  Oculus though, is always another matter and I always have to give up and download all my shit again.  This is annoying!  The user, system and services have full access to all the folders, there is no space issue, av has exceptions on these folders, I have even disabled defender.

There is no 3rd party software (unless you count nvidia drivers and firefox) on this clean install.

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
I went to Oculus\Software\Downpour... and deleted the contents of this folder.  (I thought I'd test with Onward's game files)

I restart Oculus and now the game DOWNLOADS and then INSTALLS SUCCESSFULLY.  All other games fail to install, same error.  This is the only game that downloads and installs.

So the question is:  What is the difference between the content copied there from my old drive, and the content downloaded.

This is not space related, folder permissions appear unchanged, no change in registry.  So what is going on??

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
Still no fix for this?

lee17
Protege
same issue here

borys3
Honored Guest
I'm also experiencing that issue today when trying to install SUPERHOT VR.
In my case, it seems to download 721 MB of c.a. 900 MB and then it stops.
Here is the log which, I think, realtes to that:
[Debug] [14.12.2018 17:26:22] Number of chunks that need to be downloaded: 123.
[Warning] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] Oaf requested cancellation: 'Download paused.'.
[Warning] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] Oaf IPC connection lost!
[Debug] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] IPC connection destroyed.
[Debug] [14.12.2018 17:26:27] Exiting with code 42 (ErrorCancelRequested).

william_dalmau
Honored Guest
I've got the same issue for Vox Machinae, although it installs to 100% then has the error message.
Games are saved onto a separate drive and have 654GB free. no other games have had this issue for me (currently have 16 installed).

Tried disabling anti-virus and still no luck.

Ubedead
Honored Guest
So it appears that this isn't the first time this issue has come up .Can anyone (looking for a dev) tell us how it was fixed the last time?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey so I know it's been a while since the last post, but I think I found a solution. I looked all over the internet and I tried everything but nothing worked. Lots of people said it had something to do with Windows Defender. When I searched for windows defender settings, it said Virus & Threat protection wasn't enabled or something. It said it wasn't enabled by my organization or something like that. To fix it, I went to regedit (Hit Win+R and type in regedit) and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Policies>Microsoft>Windows Defender. When clicking on Windows Defender, you should see DisableAntiSpyware as one of the items. Delete it. When going back to the settings, you should see a button to restart the Virus & Threat Protection. Once doing this, disable controlled folder access (Mine was off default) and restart the install.