cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I haven't used that mod - just saw a link to it somewhere else on Nexus and found the screenshots quite amusing.

I was trying to find out why my Immersive Wenches mod has an issue. It's no biggie if I can't get it to work, but I am curious about it. I've been in contact with a number of female mercenaries that have suddenly shown up at Whiterun, and though I'm keen to take a couple on, they are not so cheap. If Belethar had more cash to buy my loot, it wouldn't be an issue. I also found a young lady who I would like to "court" but I don't know how it's done. She has given me a side quest of finding a Mammoth horn, so I'm hoping that will get me in her good books! 🙂

I was very worried when I came out of the Fort Greymoor (finally got the name right) building, as I found the horse that I had left at the stables was gone. I thought he must have been stolen - but when I got back to Whiterun, there he was, at the stables where I had bought him.

I really like that horse - he's very cute, especially when I am fussing him - he seems to really enjoy having his face rubbed!

6clyhi7xyjhn.jpg

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Blood and stomach pills! As my mother used to say....

I found Greymoor Prison, killed those within and gathered the loot. I also gathered lots more loot that I had found in the fort and put it all in a chest next to the stables. I had left the majority of the loot from taking over the fort upper levels and grounds in a chest inside the fort building.

Today I went to Belethar to sell all the books I'd read, just to clear out my inventory a bit, and to see if he had any more cash. He did, so I went back to Greymoor, only to find that now I had killed the bandits, the Imperial Army had moved in!

Not only that, but the chest near the stables with all my loot in had disappeared and the one inside the building can't be accessed because every time I go inside some jumped up squaddie threatens to run me through!

Well pissed off!

Meantime I've hired a mercenary to help fight the filth. Jenassa. There was a pretty looking one I had wanted to hire, but she wasn't there when I went looking, so Jenassa got the part. She's keen, I'll give her that.

Over 1½ hours played just now and not the hint of sickness. Not counting my chickens, but it's very encouraging 🙂

oh btw, I have sussed the book reading thing. Turns out I was holding down A instead of just tapping it.

RattyUK
Trustee
@Brixmis do you realise that the Immersive Wenches mod needs Skyrim Script Extender to work?  I don't know if you have the VR version loaded (or if it known working with that mod) but that may explain the warning triangle.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

Brixmis said:

Hey! I found a mod for @snowdog  😄

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12556

Look at the screenshots!

You last downloaded a file from this mod on 25 Dec 2012 lol
Merry Christmass 

Two of my favorite follower mods.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9666
M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2180
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7582
Sofia is a humorous and advanced fully voiced follower voiced by the talented Christine Slagman (finalCrystine). Sofia is voiced to the very highest of quality and Christine has a rather extensive list of Skyrim mod credits from Falskaar to Helgen Reborn and Interesting NPCs where she played the loveable Misha amongst others.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6656
Multiple followers. Manage outfits, spells, combat style, home assignment and level up. Make werewolves or vampires lords. Followers ride horses, make camp, avoid traps, ignore friendly fire, toggle city/standard outfits & helmets, pose, dance and more 
If you want more than one follower.

Good followers are hard to find and I only use custom followers as the out of the box followers that use the default voice pretty much are just eye candy. 
I have had up to 5 followers and haven't noticed any lag in the game. 
But they do get catty sometimes and did fight with each other.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3341
Nerida has come to Skyrim Special Edition! She is an Imperial Rogue Archer follower located in the Dragonsreach Dungeon in Whiterun. She has a customized voice type based on FemaleYoungEager. But don't be mistaken, she is not all "please and thank you". She fights dirty, she's after coin and she's poisonous.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6722
Hands down the best follower mod but you have to put time into her or its not worth it.
The young bard Vilja has her own mission in Skyrim - but she needs your help! Will you let her tag along? Will you let your Skyrim life be changed by a talkative, curious and unpredictable girl who might be a nuisance at times, but who also will offer a strong, indepth friendship, and later on also optional romance. 

As I have completed this game several times now its just trying new content based on MODs and just having a good time.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

RattyUK said:

@Brixmis do you realise that the Immersive Wenches mod needs Skyrim Script Extender to work?  I don't know if you have the VR version loaded (or if it known working with that mod) but that may explain the warning triangle.

Ah, didn't know that and didn't see it on the mod page. Okay - I have SKSE already on my PC but hadn't installed it yet.

I also think I'll just reload an older autosave so I can hopefully rescue all my loot before the troops arrive. No idea where to put it, though, while Belethar gets liquid again.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

Brixmis said:

RattyUK said:

Ah, didn't know that and didn't see it on the mod page. Okay - I have SKSE already on my PC but hadn't installed it yet.

I also think I'll just reload an older autosave so I can hopefully rescue all my loot before the troops arrive. No idea where to put it, though, while Belethar gets liquid again.

I've been using Immersive Wenches without SKSE installed for quite sometime and haven't had any issues. If you hover over the triangle with your mouse it will tell you what the issue is. What does it tell you? Also, try to reinstalling the mod and then choose replace when asked what to do.

Also, I notice you are using Immersive citizens, but your need to patch Immersive Wenches to run with Immersive Citizens. Download the patch and that will probably solve your problem. Choose merge when asked.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

kzintzi
Trustee

Brixmis said:

RattyUK said:

just so you know, the current version (as of Monday anyway) of the VR SKSE install is missing a couple of the DLL's that are required for it to function. you'll need to download the previous version.

Also, Immersive Wenches works with the VR version of SKSE.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Thanks, guys - I've already repeatedly checked to try and fix it - and have tried fresh download & install etc. I posted a screenshot of MO2 in a previous post, but on this occasion, it doesn't seem to show any particular issue. It did when I installed it without Immersive Citizens, but after installing that - and some other mods - I could no longer see what I was expected to do to resolve the issue.

Turns out I do have the patch for the mod - I just forgot and didn't notice it when I started installing mods. That's what age does.

I also have the required dll files for SKSE - there was a reason I hadn't installed script extender, but right now that reason eludes me - may have been something I read here or on reddit.

Anyway, I'll try just the patch to start with and if that doesn't do it I'll install SKSE and entrails.

Have to say, there was no issue in the game, so whatever MO2 is unhappy about, it didn't noticably affect play.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I've installed the patch and overwritten as necessary, but the fault is still showing.

It says "Missing Masters: Immersive Wenches.esp" which I take it means that the esp is absent and fek knows how to fix that.

Edit - but the women I come across in Tamriel look nothing like this!!

https://youtu.be/9G1mPveEMU8

If they just had that well rendered a fisog (face) I would be happy.

(edit - ok - in and appropriately chatted up 😄  )

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Fixed!! Thank you for your help 🙂

All I did was remove everything "immersive" then put them back in (different order) and activated them one by one and it works.