cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Corrosion?

brasenhell
Sightseer
So this past saturday, I was playing Beat Saber with some cousins who were interested in how VR works that came in from Florida. While in use, the headset turned off and the sensor LED was blinking orange and off sporadically. Submitted a ticket and was asked to send pictures of the plug ends to confirm it wasn't a pin issue. While taking those pictures, I noticed corrosion on the end of the cable that goes into the headset, as well as the port on the headset itself. Submitted those and am waiting on a response. Was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them before. When not in use, the headset is stored in a cushioned case specifically for the headset and the entire setup is well taken care of. I'm hoping they can do something for this, as I've only had it for about 3 months now. Shoot, I didn't even know the cable was detachable from the headset until yesterday. lol.
4 REPLIES 4

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The only thing I can think of that causes corrosion is water moisture and bacteria. Did you keep it in a cool dry place when you stored it?

brasenhell
Sightseer
I did. I keep it in a case, hanging on my closet door, when not in use. 

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
Putting it in a box when its wet with sweat might not be the best idea with regards to corrosion. Best to leave it out for a few hours after use before putting it away I'd expect.

brasenhell
Sightseer
Apologies for not mentioning that, but I normally remove the faceplate, dry it, and let it air for about an hour before storing. 

What worries me is that I’m not able to find anyone else with this issue. If this was caused due to improper care or handling, I feel we would have seen at least one other person with the issue. Unless I’m not seeing them. 😕

Waiting for a support response is making me antsy as well. Was hoping to break this out during my family’s Christmas get together. Part of me wants to try to clean it, but I don’t want to make matters worse by trying that.