cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

Wildt
Consultant
Comment 1000!  :sunglasses:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Luciferous
Consultant

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6722
Hands down the best follower mod but you have to put time into her or its not worth it.
The young bard Vilja has her own mission in Skyrim - but she needs your help! Will you let her tag along? Will you let your Skyrim life be changed by a talkative, curious and unpredictable girl who might be a nuisance at times, but who also will offer a strong, indepth friendship, and later on also optional romance. 

As I have completed this game several times now its just trying new content based on MODs and just having a good time.

I can vouch for Vilja, I nearly always end every Skyrim adventure with her sitting on my lap in a tavern. I know its sad.

I love her pleading cries when you get low on health in a fight ...."please don't kill him..please" in such a scared voice.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Based on the comments in this thread, I downloaded Vilja - not installed yet, cos I'm still finding my feet, but looking forward to her feminine charms 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
I've noticed that the "bug" issue with quest dialogs has been happening to me more now than I remember.
But if you have this issue here is what fixes it 99% of the time just save the game and reload the save close to where you need to speak to the NPC and it should start the dialogue and move the quest along.
I had this happen during the Blade in the Dark, main questline. You kill a dragon, you are supposed to talk to Delphine. Delphine is supposed to start a conversation to continue the quest and finish it. 
When this happened I was pretty far along with other parts of the game and didn't want to abandon the game and try again. I did try a fireball but that didn't seem to help. 😄
So I loaded the save right before I killed the dragon. Then after killing the dragon she starts her dialogue, let that finish and then when she is done talking move away from her and save the game, then reload the save and approach her.
It took 2 times for the quest to move forward but it did let me finish the quest.
I had this happen a lot in the M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE quests but save and reload let me select the proper quest dialogue.
Have fun and watch the skies.

Side note I had a bear scare the crap out of me. I was walking around looking for a cave and heard it but didn't see it. Turned around and it came from behind a rock and was right in my face. Took a few arrows but it went down.
Damn that was pretty good as I normally don't startle in the game. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I've noticed that there is a lot of info missing from the VR version. Having played a bit of the pancake SE version now, I learned a lot more than I did in VR play of the same things, because texts gave me hints of what to find and how to do things - in VR these texts were not visible at all, so I missed them.

For this reason alone, I will continue with pancake, even though my sickness in the VR game seems to have been vanquished.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

Side note I had a bear scare the crap out of me. I was walking around looking for a cave and heard it but didn't see it. Turned around and it came from behind a rock and was right in my face. Took a few arrows but it went down.
Damn that was pretty good as I normally don't startle in the game. 

I've had similar experiences with bears. The last one I kind of remember wandering through snow covered forest with mountainous rocks and minding my own business enjoying the scenery, when I turn a corner and a bear suddenly lunged at me and growled. I never heard him, so that made me jump pretty good.

Also, first time I played Skyrim in VR, I was in a cave full of spider webs and as I walked through into a large opening (full of webs) I was just looking around and being amazed at what I was seeing...and all of a sudden this huge spider floats down from the ceiling and bounces right in front of me...I nearly shit my pants!!! I've been scared by many things in my life, but that made my heart skip a beat and let out a yell. I laughed at it later though...should have known better, since I've played the pancake version over and over. Vr just adds to the realism, immersion factor...like being there and makes you forget you've done this before.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Luciferous
Consultant

Brixmis said:

I've noticed that there is a lot of info missing from the VR version. Having played a bit of the pancake SE version now, I learned a lot more than I did in VR play of the same things, because texts gave me hints of what to find and how to do things - in VR these texts were not visible at all, so I missed them.

For this reason alone, I will continue with pancake, even though my sickness in the VR game seems to have been vanquished.

Pancake version, get out of this forum. 🙂

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Both versions B)

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
From the release of the game I have been hooked. I had the others as well but Skyrim was just so well done. Then the MOD community started updating the game and wow.
I had over 1600 hours That's 66.66666666666667 days playing the original game, then SE came out and I started up again. 
Now there is VR and I can get lost wondering around for hours. I almost always played a mage. Well with VR I started playing an archer and its so much fun.  

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
For those who are new to the game (like me) or weren't aware, you can read the strategy guide online or download it:

https://archive.org/details/Elder_Scrolls_Skyrim_Official_Strategy_Guide/page/n1