cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aliens - Fact Or Fiction..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well we've had a time travel thread so I thought we should have an aliens thread too.

I believe that aliens have visited and are visiting our planet. Now I don't think that there are aliens that are living here and impersonating humans, but I certainly believe that at least SOME of these UFOs captured on film and seen by people are alien spacecraft.

How am I reasoning this? Pretty simple. There have simply been too many technological leaps since the 50s to make it not being true. Just have a think about it:

1. Integrated circuits and microchips.
  2. Credit cards and bank cards.
  3. Cassette tapes, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays.
  4. Kevlar
  5. Lasers
  6. Stealth bombers
  7. The Oculus Rift lol
  8. Velcro.
  9. Quantum Computers.
And then have a look back through time and you have the Pyramids, Mayan astronomy and cities, Stonehenge, the Inca's Machu Picchu and Teotihuacán in Mexico.

A great deal of these UFO sightings are around air bases so a good percentage of them can be put down to experimental aircraft, but ALL of them?

The truth is out there. Trust no one.
247 REPLIES 247

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm going to push for the side that argues: Nope. No Aliens.

In order to travel from one galaxy to another, it takes light years. We'd have to believe that some species out there has advanced far beyond us to the point of traveling faster than the speed of light, or we'd have to believe that some alien species out there can live for hundreds of years. Imagine going on an airplane trip and not arriving at your destination for 80 years? You'd be dead unless you started before the age of 10.

So sure, there may be life on other planets as either a single celled organism or complex organism. But have they traveled light years to visit Earth? Highly unlikely.

Having said that, I had a buddy who told me an interesting theory that I really liked. He said that Aliens are a species of advanced creatures that live inside our Oceans. Think Aquaman here. And they come up and out of our oceans to visit land dwellers from time to time. And that is where the footage comes from. I like this theory because it's unique; our oceans are vast and still a mystery to scientists; and it makes something feasible beyond the Science Fiction notion of traveling faster than the speed of light in a spaceship.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Faster than light travel is coming soon(ish). It takes us humans time to reverse engineer this alien tech. B)

Noah the time traveller has said that aliens will be revealed to the world in 2028 if I'm remembering correctly but he also said that Trump is getting re-elected in 2020 so I'm not taking that as gospel lmfao 😄 😄 😄

I also forgot to add Velcro and Quantum Computers to that list, I'll edit it now.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Quantum Computing uses light, but does not travel "faster" than light.

You can't just reverse engineer the type of technology that would supposedly travel faster than the speed of light. That's like trying to figure out the formula to sprout wings and fly like a bird.

Also keep in mind that if something can travel faster than the speed of light, how the hell could that advanced species be dumb enough to get captured on a simple camera? lmao

Are there aliens? yes, almost certainly. Have any visited Earth? no, definitely not.

It's a probability thing. It's so unlikely that intelligent life is within the range of receiving our earliest radio transmissions that it's virtually certain that nobody knows we're here.

On top of that, they'd need to be so far advanced that they'd be capable of that kind of space travel... i.e. close to the speed of light (not faster cos that's science fiction).

On top of that, civilisations have a finite span of existence, so it's even more unlikely that intelligent life has existed long enough to become advanced enough, within the distance of our radio transmissions to know we're here and be able to get here.

On top of that , they'd have do be dumb enough to travel here, rather than send a radio signal of some kind... or a probe... cos those things would be a bit more cost effective.... and being dumb enough and advanced enough doesn't add up.

On top of that, the people who believe in alien UFOs also have a tendency to believe in ghosts, conspiracy theories, certain globes not being globes (tip-toes around the forum rules very carefully there)...  the healing powers of crystals, and gluten-free diets for non-Coeliacs.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Right, so if we can only travel at the speed of light (agreed on this), then the alien species would have to live for hundreds - if not thousands - of years. 100+ years travel to one galaxy, then 100+ years travel back home. Rinse, repeat.

Another way to think of this question... Is the game, StarCraft, by Blizzard Entertainment, really a documentary?
😛

Ah well as you get close the the speed of light, time slows down for you, compared to everyone else so you could travel anywhere within a short time (short time for the traveller that is).
The problem is going home would mean you'd have no hope of seeing anyone you knew again... your entire planet may not exist anymore!
Well the other problem is the energy needed to do the journey... something in the region of the total energy of a star.

Digikid1
Consultant
With all due respect to those who do not believe in Aliens......they are flat out WRONG!

With so many planets/solar systems out there and the size of the universe....the chances of Aliens being out there is 1000000%  Pure and simple.

Saying that we are the ONLY beings out here is laughable at the very least.

Have they visited Earth?  Most definitely YES.  We have advanced too far too fast and we are still going.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Quantum Computing uses light, but does not travel "faster" than light.

You can't just reverse engineer the type of technology that would supposedly travel faster than the speed of light. That's like trying to figure out the formula to sprout wings and fly like a bird.

Also keep in mind that if something can travel faster than the speed of light, how the hell could that advanced species be dumb enough to get captured on a simple camera? lmao

I wasn't talking about Quantum Computing being faster than light, I just added it to my list of technology that 'could' be reverse engineered alien technology, same with Velcro too. And IF aliens HAVE designed ships with FTL drives that have crashed on Earth and been recovered by humans it's only a matter of time before some bright spark reverse engineers it.

I reckon we'll see anti-grav vehicles sooner rather than later too. B)

They're here. And they're watching us. And I for one would like to welcome our future alien overlords. 😛

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

My head gets fuzzy during this part since Light Years is a measure of distance and not time:
"It's defined by how far a beam of light travels in one year – a distance of six trillion miles."

So, if an Alien Spacecraft can cover the same distance as Light does after travelling six trillion miles in one year, then even if the Aliens are coming from the Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy, it would take 25,000 years since it is 25,000 light years away (and we're traveling at the speed of light). But this is a dwarf galaxy that is probably lucky just to have a single cell organism anywhere on it. One of the larger galaxies is the Andromeda galaxy; and that is some 2.5 million light years away.

Then the problem becomes... how long does that really take since "one year" is a measurement based on the Earth and Sun in our own Milky Way Galaxy. Plus, time slows as you travel at the speed of light.

A nice blurb:
Even at the "low speed" of 10% of the speed of light (300,000 km per second, or 186,300 miles per second) our clocks would slow down by only around 1%, but if we travel at 95% of the speed of light time will slow down to about one-third of that measured by a stationary observer.

Even if we were to jump the shark and increase the 1/3 to 1/2 for time slowing at the speed of light, it would take 1.2 million years to travel 2.5 million light years.

Or did I foobar my science? lol