Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here. - Page 34 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

Comments

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,288 Valuable Player
    Blood and stomach pills! As my mother used to say....

I found Greymoor Prison, killed those within and gathered the loot. I also gathered lots more loot that I had found in the fort and put it all in a chest next to the stables. I had left the majority of the loot from taking over the fort upper levels and grounds in a chest inside the fort building.

Today I went to Belethar to sell all the books I'd read, just to clear out my inventory a bit, and to see if he had any more cash. He did, so I went back to Greymoor, only to find that now I had killed the bandits, the Imperial Army had moved in!

Not only that, but the chest near the stables with all my loot in had disappeared and the one inside the building can't be accessed because every time I go inside some jumped up squaddie threatens to run me through!

Well pissed off!

Meantime I've hired a mercenary to help fight the filth. Jenassa. There was a pretty looking one I had wanted to hire, but she wasn't there when I went looking, so Jenassa got the part. She's keen, I'll give her that.

Over 1½ hours played just now and not the hint of sickness. Not counting my chickens, but it's very encouraging :)

oh btw, I have sussed the book reading thing. Turns out I was holding down A instead of just tapping it.

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 607
    Neo
    @Brixmis do you realise that the Immersive Wenches mod needs Skyrim Script Extender to work?  I don't know if you have the VR version loaded (or if it known working with that mod) but that may explain the warning triangle.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2018
    Brixmis said:
    Hey! I found a mod for @snowdog ; :D

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12556

Look at the screenshots!
    You last downloaded a file from this mod on 25 Dec 2012 lol
    Merry Christmass 

Two of my favorite follower mods.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9666
    M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2180
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7582
    Sofia is a humorous and advanced fully voiced follower voiced by the talented Christine Slagman (finalCrystine). Sofia is voiced to the very highest of quality and Christine has a rather extensive list of Skyrim mod credits from Falskaar to Helgen Reborn and Interesting NPCs where she played the loveable Misha amongst others.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6656
    Multiple followers. Manage outfits, spells, combat style, home assignment and level up. Make werewolves or vampires lords. Followers ride horses, make camp, avoid traps, ignore friendly fire, toggle city/standard outfits & helmets, pose, dance and more 
    If you want more than one follower.

Good followers are hard to find and I only use custom followers as the out of the box followers that use the default voice pretty much are just eye candy. 
    I have had up to 5 followers and haven't noticed any lag in the game. 
    But they do get catty sometimes and did fight with each other.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3341
    Nerida has come to Skyrim Special Edition! She is an Imperial Rogue Archer follower located in the Dragonsreach Dungeon in Whiterun. She has a customized voice type based on FemaleYoungEager. But don't be mistaken, she is not all "please and thank you". She fights dirty, she's after coin and she's poisonous.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6722
    Hands down the best follower mod but you have to put time into her or its not worth it.
    The young bard Vilja has her own mission in Skyrim - but she needs your help! Will you let her tag along? Will you let your Skyrim life be changed by a talkative, curious and unpredictable girl who might be a nuisance at times, but who also will offer a strong, indepth friendship, and later on also optional romance. 

As I have completed this game several times now its just trying new content based on MODs and just having a good time.
    RattyUK said:
    @Brixmis do you realise that the Immersive Wenches mod needs Skyrim Script Extender to work?  I don't know if you have the VR version loaded (or if it known working with that mod) but that may explain the warning triangle.
    Ah, didn't know that and didn't see it on the mod page. Okay - I have SKSE already on my PC but hadn't installed it yet.

I also think I'll just reload an older autosave so I can hopefully rescue all my loot before the troops arrive. No idea where to put it, though, while Belethar gets liquid again.

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 216
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2018
    Brixmis said:
    RattyUK said:
    Ah, didn't know that and didn't see it on the mod page. Okay - I have SKSE already on my PC but hadn't installed it yet.

I also think I'll just reload an older autosave so I can hopefully rescue all my loot before the troops arrive. No idea where to put it, though, while Belethar gets liquid again.

I've been using Immersive Wenches without SKSE installed for quite sometime and haven't had any issues. If you hover over the triangle with your mouse it will tell you what the issue is. What does it tell you? Also, try to reinstalling the mod and then choose replace when asked what to do.

Also, I notice you are using Immersive citizens, but your need to patch Immersive Wenches to run with Immersive Citizens. Download the patch and that will probably solve your problem. Choose merge when asked.

i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    Brixmis said:
    RattyUK said:

just so you know, the current version (as of Monday anyway) of the VR SKSE install is missing a couple of the DLL's that are required for it to function. you'll need to download the previous version.

Also, Immersive Wenches works with the VR version of SKSE.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    Thanks, guys - I've already repeatedly checked to try and fix it - and have tried fresh download & install etc. I posted a screenshot of MO2 in a previous post, but on this occasion, it doesn't seem to show any particular issue. It did when I installed it without Immersive Citizens, but after installing that - and some other mods - I could no longer see what I was expected to do to resolve the issue.

Turns out I do have the patch for the mod - I just forgot and didn't notice it when I started installing mods. That's what age does.

I also have the required dll files for SKSE - there was a reason I hadn't installed script extender, but right now that reason eludes me - may have been something I read here or on reddit.

Anyway, I'll try just the patch to start with and if that doesn't do it I'll install SKSE and entrails.

Have to say, there was no issue in the game, so whatever MO2 is unhappy about, it didn't noticably affect play.

edited December 2018
    I've installed the patch and overwritten as necessary, but the fault is still showing.

It says "Missing Masters: Immersive Wenches.esp" which I take it means that the esp is absent and fek knows how to fix that.

Edit - but the women I come across in Tamriel look nothing like this!!

If they just had that well rendered a fisog (face) I would be happy.

(edit - ok - in and appropriately chatted up :D  )

edited December 2018
    Fixed!! Thank you for your help :)

All I did was remove everything "immersive" then put them back in (different order) and activated them one by one and it works.

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    Comment 1000!  :sunglasses:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,826
    Project 2501

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6722
    Hands down the best follower mod but you have to put time into her or its not worth it.
    The young bard Vilja has her own mission in Skyrim - but she needs your help! Will you let her tag along? Will you let your Skyrim life be changed by a talkative, curious and unpredictable girl who might be a nuisance at times, but who also will offer a strong, indepth friendship, and later on also optional romance. 

As I have completed this game several times now its just trying new content based on MODs and just having a good time.
    I can vouch for Vilja, I nearly always end every Skyrim adventure with her sitting on my lap in a tavern. I know its sad.

I love her pleading cries when you get low on health in a fight ...."please don't kill him..please" in such a scared voice.
    Based on the comments in this thread, I downloaded Vilja - not installed yet, cos I'm still finding my feet, but looking forward to her feminine charms :)

Hiro Protagonist
    I've noticed that the "bug" issue with quest dialogs has been happening to me more now than I remember.
    But if you have this issue here is what fixes it 99% of the time just save the game and reload the save close to where you need to speak to the NPC and it should start the dialogue and move the quest along.
    I had this happen during the Blade in the Dark, main questline. You kill a dragon, you are supposed to talk to Delphine. Delphine is supposed to start a conversation to continue the quest and finish it. 
    When this happened I was pretty far along with other parts of the game and didn't want to abandon the game and try again. I did try a fireball but that didn't seem to help. :D
    So I loaded the save right before I killed the dragon. Then after killing the dragon she starts her dialogue, let that finish and then when she is done talking move away from her and save the game, then reload the save and approach her.
    It took 2 times for the quest to move forward but it did let me finish the quest.
    I had this happen a lot in the M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE quests but save and reload let me select the proper quest dialogue.
    Have fun and watch the skies.

Side note I had a bear scare the crap out of me. I was walking around looking for a cave and heard it but didn't see it. Turned around and it came from behind a rock and was right in my face. Took a few arrows but it went down.
    Damn that was pretty good as I normally don't startle in the game. 
    edited December 2018
    I've noticed that there is a lot of info missing from the VR version. Having played a bit of the pancake SE version now, I learned a lot more than I did in VR play of the same things, because texts gave me hints of what to find and how to do things - in VR these texts were not visible at all, so I missed them.

For this reason alone, I will continue with pancake, even though my sickness in the VR game seems to have been vanquished.

Nexus 6

Side note I had a bear scare the crap out of me. I was walking around looking for a cave and heard it but didn't see it. Turned around and it came from behind a rock and was right in my face. Took a few arrows but it went down.
    Damn that was pretty good as I normally don't startle in the game. 

I've had similar experiences with bears. The last one I kind of remember wandering through snow covered forest with mountainous rocks and minding my own business enjoying the scenery, when I turn a corner and a bear suddenly lunged at me and growled. I never heard him, so that made me jump pretty good.

Also, first time I played Skyrim in VR, I was in a cave full of spider webs and as I walked through into a large opening (full of webs) I was just looking around and being amazed at what I was seeing...and all of a sudden this huge spider floats down from the ceiling and bounces right in front of me...I nearly shit my pants!!! I've been scared by many things in my life, but that made my heart skip a beat and let out a yell. I laughed at it later though...should have known better, since I've played the pancake version over and over. Vr just adds to the realism, immersion factor...like being there and makes you forget you've done this before.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,826
    Project 2501
    Brixmis said:
    I've noticed that there is a lot of info missing from the VR version. Having played a bit of the pancake SE version now, I learned a lot more than I did in VR play of the same things, because texts gave me hints of what to find and how to do things - in VR these texts were not visible at all, so I missed them.

For this reason alone, I will continue with pancake, even though my sickness in the VR game seems to have been vanquished.
    Pancake version, get out of this forum. :)
    Both versions B)

Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2018
    From the release of the game I have been hooked. I had the others as well but Skyrim was just so well done. Then the MOD community started updating the game and wow.
    I had over 1600 hours That's 66.66666666666667 days playing the original game, then SE came out and I started up again. 
    Now there is VR and I can get lost wondering around for hours. I almost always played a mage. Well with VR I started playing an archer and its so much fun.  
    For those who are new to the game (like me) or weren't aware, you can read the strategy guide online or download it:

https://archive.org/details/Elder_Scrolls_Skyrim_Official_Strategy_Guide/page/n1

Hiro Protagonist
    Don't go alone.
    Don't enter a cave unless you can clear it. 
    Pick up everything, see that plant? Pick it up, if you don't know what it does then taste it :D 
    Crafting and enchanting is a quick way to level up. 
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-16-skyrim-crafting-skills-how-to-max-enchanting-alchemy-and-smithing
    Keep your armor updated. Yea it looks nice but that spider is going to eat you if you cant defend yourself.
    Distance is your friend, find weapons and spells that keep you away from harm until you have the equipment to go toe to toe with an enemy
    Stealth never worked for me plus you don't want to get caught and have all of your loot stolen. But speech craft will help you get better prices and more gold when you sell things.
    Buy a home so you can store your loot and items you cant use just yet.
    I like to mod the game so drops are random and not the same level as I am. This way you can get some good loot and store it or sell it if you cant use it. Upgraded steel is still better than Daedric base weapon. 
    While fast travel helps with moving the game along walk or ride as much as you can so you find new content.
    Rings and amulets are your friend. You can enchant a ring or find one. Its not just fashion :)
    Don't worry if you cant defeat an enemy, go do something else and come back. They will wait.
    Housecarls can die so don't forget to upgrade their weapons and armor. Best place to put hand me downs. 
    Plus they make great mules for the things you don't have room for. Don't feel bad when its time to leave her at home.
    Don't over burden yourself. When you are ready to crawl back into that cave only take what you need. 
    Its a big world with a lot of content have fun!! 
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2018
    Update, from the description this may not work in VR as it goes to 3rd person to play music.

Tired of being a warrior or mage? Become a Bard!
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2303
    I played this a lot in Flat Skyrim not sure how it would work in VR will have to try it.
    Its cool to jam some Lynyrd Skynyrd or play a guitar solo and watch the NPCs dance.
    I don't want to work, Just want to bang on my drum all day

I couldn't get it to work but if you want it plays fine in flat Skyrim and its funny watching my PC rip on a guitar solo
    edited December 2018
    Yesterday I completed the Golden Claw quest and am just finishing the Dragonstone quest, with Faendal as a follower - but I'm still having issues with loot. I'm having to leave so much behind and I rarely have over 1,000 monies - so I could really do with more space (besides what Faendal can carry, too).

@PhoenixSpyder - I installed the "Bandolier - Bags and Pouches" mod but have seen nothing to suggest its use since. Can't seem to craft any pouches and not come across anyone wearing them. Killed a lot of bandits and some thugs sent to beat me up, maybe they aren't the types to have such things on them? Or do I have to reach a certain level in some discipline first? If so - that will be a priority for me once I have the dragonstone quest completed.

PS - I'm playing for hours at a time now, and no sickness at all - even running round spiral staircases :)

Hiro Protagonist
    The next quest after the Dragonstone will open the option to buy a house and then you can store your loot and not worry about some guard taking it :) 
    You will also meet Lydia to help carry your burdens 
    Sounds good to me! I like Lydias :p

Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:

@PhoenixSpyder - I installed the "Bandolier - Bags and Pouches" mod but have seen nothing to suggest its use since. Can't seem to craft any pouches and not come across anyone wearing them. Killed a lot of bandits and some thugs sent to beat me up, maybe they aren't the types to have such things on them? Or do I have to reach a certain level in some discipline first? If so - that will be a priority for me once I have the dragonstone quest completed.

PS - I'm playing for hours at a time now, and no sickness at all - even running round spiral staircases :)

You should be able to craft them at a tanning rack. Some bags need metal items which are crafted at a forge. Just make sure you have leather, leather straps...etc. You get leather from killing larger animals. Or you can buy leather from a merchant.
    You should be able to find random bags on Stormcloak soldiers, Imperial soldiers, some bandits. It may depend on your level, but that I'm not sure.
    If the option isn't there to make, then maybe try to reinstall the mod. Make sure to run LOOT though each time you do any modding, even if it's just adding one mod.

The Breeze Home in Whiterun is the cheapest home in Skyrim. You will need 5000 god to buy once you are the Thane and another 1800 gold to fully upgrade it.

Another (expensive option) is once you gather upwards of 60,000 gold, I would highly recommend installing the Skystone Castle SE and forget about houses until you have so much gold you don't know what to do with it. (I presently have approx 850,000 gold in my pouch and have collected (legitimately) nearly 2,000,000 gold in my current game, but that's due to many perks that come along the way, when you get into high levels). It costs what I mentioned earlier to buy, but gives you huge amount of storage and other capabilities you will appreciate.

The other cheapest option is to install 'Legacy of the Dragonborn' mod. It will give you everything you could want for storage and other things, plus it costs nothing. It also makes the game much more fun, by adding new quests, etc... This would be my recommended option first, even before buying the Breeze house.

Cheers!!!

edited December 2018
    Thanks for the info - will definitely need to reinstall the mod, as I have plenty of metal bits and pieces and ingots etc and lots of hide and leather, too, and still not getting the option to craft them, so I'll reinstall and try and see what's going wrong.

As far as the houses - the Jarl has just allowed me to buy one in Whiterun, but the problem for me, as ever, is funds. Even after doing Bleak Falls Barrow and coming back fully laden, with my follower fully laden, too, I still only got 1,800 gold in my pouch.
    One thing I noticed is that a lot of the special weapons I found that show good value, I actually only get offered a pittance for - that's probably to do with my speech level? Anyway - I decided to hang on to those, rather than sell at such a loss, or maybe they will be useful later in the game. I will be going back up the mountain, to collect the kit I had to leave behind - but still can't see it getting me too much money.

When I finsihed last night, I had helped kill my first dragon, but was unable to do the shout. I'm looking into that. I'm trying to get the Way of the Voice mod installed but I'm having a minor issue with that (sound files missing) - but will try and get it sorted today so I can shout to my heart's content :)

I noticed that Faendal seemed to change his appearence a few times during the quest - was quite amusing.

OK - I'll continue trying to amass enough gold to get myself a roof.

Guys, another quick question - in the Way of the Voice instructions, it says to copy the mod into the Skyrim data folder:

- Download the mod file and install through your mod manager of choice.
    - If your mod manager uses virtual folders to install mods (NMM, MO2, and Vortex) manually copy the files from where your manager stores the mod files to your "Skyrim {VR/Special Edition}/data/" folder. Because VoiceMacro is not Skyrim itself, the files must physically be present in your Skyrim data folder for WotV to function properly.

Does this mean put the mod folder in there (Way of the Voice), or the contents of the mod folder? These are the contents:

I put the entire folder in and am having issues with the sounds not being found - but I'm wary of putting the contents in, in case it messes something up.

Okay - fixed (needed the individual folders and files in the Data folder.

Hiro Protagonist
    Try crafting small items and then enchanting them. Once you have them go sell them. You will build up your experience and get money for it. Once you sell enough of them then you can sell your loot at a better price.
    It sounds like you have crafting under control, enchanting is a good skill to build early. Once you find equipment with an enchantment you can use the enchanting table to remove the enchantment. This will destroy the item but you can then enchant you own equipment.

Look for Ysolda she will help you with a quest to get better prices at merchants. 

As for the shout look in magic at the bottom of the list. You have to select the shout then once its enabled you can use the right squeeze button to shout. 

At this point I would suggest looking at the companions, even if you don't finish everything they will give you quests that will help you build experience. The dark brother hood and college of winterhold are also good guilds to belong to. The thieves guild I would hold off until later until you have some skill but it was a fun guild to play.
    Every inn has jobs and rumors to follow up on, plus you can talk to NPCs standing around and get quests.
    There is so much to do in the game.

The main quest line will wait and these side quests are the best way to build up your PC so you are ready to face the final battle. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok so I have about 140 hours in Skyrim VR. 
    First this is why I purchased my Rift, the only reason and it was a long wait until it was released.

When I first started playing there were the initial bugs but oh my here at last I was walking around in Skyrim.
    I believe it was the next day that I started adding mods. Mostly visual upgrades and better textures. Plus DIMONIZED UNP female body because.. Just because. 
    Armor and weapons were my next task. Then followers.
    Having played Flat Skyrim for so long I have some favorites.

Now I have the game looking the way I want and its time to play.
    It is amazing walking around and just looking and interacting. The sounds and having creatures just jump out at you!!
    The compass was the first thing, I had to move it to the bottom of the screen as it was breaking the feel of the game.

I did miss being able to see what I looked like, here is the mods I used to get around that.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16809 Inventory mirror, this works very well and lets you see what you look like. 
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18449 VR BODY This also is a big improvement but it has bugs. The arms are not anchored so you get some weird visuals but its worth taking a look.

Then movement. I don't get sick so free movement is what I use. I played standing up for a long time but 3 hours in the game will put a hurt on you. I sit down now :)
    The hit box. OMG this was ridiculous when the game first came out. Its better now but still needs work. I still wish they would fix this. I found that when trying to pick something up its made easier by equipping a sword and using it as a pointer.  
    No one should die from an arrow to the knee!! 
    Combat is not my favorite thing, flailing around with both hands until they die is not fun. This is why I started using the bow. Skyrim VR is made for an archer / magic user. Being able to put an arrow in a target then dodge back under cover is a lot of fun. Then when they get too close melt their face off.

The biggest grip I have is the damage is not modular. If I poke a combatant in the leg because his guard is high he should develop a limp. If he goes open and I jab him in the eye then its end of the match. Combat needs work. 
    This is my next step to make combat more fun. But for now I will continue to sharpen my arrows!
    Watch the skies