Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.33 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash:

• We've added a new system keyboard to Dash. You can access it by clicking on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of any virtual desktop window.
  • We've updated Dash's background environment with new textures and lighting.

Home:

• You can now report offensive behavior and content within Home. Use the context menu or social panel to initiate a report.
  • We've added a new collection of festive items to celebrate the holidays!
    • Assets include:
      • Decorations
        • Lodge Sofa
        • Lodge Armchair
        • Antique Sled Table
        • Lodge Rug
        • Rustic Dining Stool
        • Rustic Island
        • Rustic Long Counter
        • Rustic Square Counter
        • Rustic Long Shelf
        • Rustic Short Shelf
        • Rustic Bookcase
        • Comet
        • Cupid
        • Mistletoe
        • Cheerful Centerpiece
        • Winter Wreath
        • Christmas Stockings
        • Regal Buck
        • Snowflake the Snowman
        • Popsicle the Snowpup
        • Menorah
        • Kinara
        • Mkeka
      • Objects
        • Muhindi
        • Unity Cup
        • Gimmel the Dreidel Plushie
        • Christmas Present
        • Tales for the Winter Solstice
        • Cheerful Throw Pillow
        • Joyful Throw Pillow
      • Environment
        • Ceiling Winter Cabin
        • Details Winter Cabin
        • Floor Winter Cabin
        • Wall Winter Cabin
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
118 REPLIES 118

ohgrant
Superstar
I was a bit worried about this one from some of what I was reading from the PTC thread. Was a quick update here, 
Only had a chance to try out Vox Machinae so far, but there was a huge graphical improvement here. Not sure if it has something to do with that new toggle in the dash graphics setting? Everything looks better in that game, the terrain, the distance from the cockpit to the terrain, friend and foe mechs everything is beautiful. Overall performance seems to have improved. Going to give it a good workout tonight, if the results are consistent, this one is gold. Bravo driver team. 
As far as the furnishings, sorry I don't have the ability to appreciate those things much.       
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is probably why @cybereality did a runner just before Christmas - he didn't want to face the Christmas Tree backlash. 😮 😄

bigmike20vt
Visionary

snowdog said:

Good grief. No Christmas Tree..?

Probably because you can't really call it anything but a Christmas Tree and because of ridiculous political correctness we're not allowed to call Christmas anything but Winter Festival or something similar.

Dear Oculus, you haven't included a Christmas Tree in the latest update. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive!!! 😮 😄 😄 😄

i have no idea why no xmas tree, it does seem boneheaded and the (tiny bit) of reactionary daily mail reader in me wants to agree with you about it trying to back away from christmas and more towards winter holiday... however the fact that there are Christmas stockings and an xmas present in there tells me you may be adding 1 and 1 and coming up to 11 😉
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP
Err... you can add your own meshes. If you desperately need a christmas tree then find one online, convert to gltf and add it.
Or even better, open up Medium and make a unique one with your own decorations. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DTH
Heroic Explorer
only 11 days left to add it or wait for Santa, internet highway will be bumper to bumper then.

assettomio
Adventurer
Well the software was already completely bugged for me, recieved no support whatsoever, no fix, nothing, but now I'm getting the "Dash has encountered a fatal error. Please reload Dash to continue." on top of a nice black useless screen, good job guys, I thought you couldn't do any worse, and yes all of my drivers are completely up to date.
Not that it matters much since even my replacement rift is starting to fall apart by now near the spring area, I guess it's just a matter of time before I can use it as the most expensive toilet decoration I've ever bought, what a piece of shit

BrainG
Honored Guest
Hello, I am looking for advice in solving a problem or at least clarifying the reason.
With the installation of the latest updated software on Oculus rift CV-1 v.1.33, there were problems in correct operation. When you enter Oculus Home, the black screen image is forked and shifted to the left screen, the virtual control panel in the form of an arc is the same offset and bifurcated to the left tap until the virtual world is loaded; the background grid is displayed to the left eye with space distortions; At all, as the virtual situation is loaded, the background is displayed correctly except for the curved control panel, when loading games, the picture of the loaded game is also doubled and shifted to the left screen, as the game plunges into becoming as it should. Some games in SteamVR stopped working, just a black screen, for example Beat Saber. Home world SteamVR displayed correctly.
I asked a couple of Oculus rift CV-1 users if they had similar problems, they don’t have one, although one has been frequently cast out of games, and the other after the update could not even start it right away.
What is it all can be. Before the update on v.1.32 everything worked correctly.

MacDavePro
Explorer
A bunch of rubbish that I don't want or need but again (an almost fortnightly inconvenience now) I must sit around for an hour while all this shit downloads before I can use my PC again. FFS enough with the bullshit updates. Where is the option to opt out of this crap and just get driver updates?

FinalSaga
Explorer
So my oculus rift updated just now and now all I get is:
Can't reach oculus runtime service...
all screwed up and nothing works ofcourse

Mcdoucherson
Honored Guest

FinalSaga said:

So my oculus rift updated just now and now all I get is:
Can't reach oculus runtime service...
all screwed up and nothing works ofcourse

Same here man. Doing a repair in control panel now.