Im having the "cant reach oculus runtime service" error! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Im having the "cant reach oculus runtime service" error!

Almost everytime i open Oculus Software the error popups. i have everytime used the marchpatch and it works, but when i shut my pc and turn it on again the error comes and i use the patch..... please what do i do?

Comments

• AcceptedAccepted Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same trouble. I managed to play the tutorial and then it said there was an update. I did the update, and now the app won't launch.
  • StryphStryph Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Is there a way to install an older version?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,613 Valuable Player
    Looks like we'll all get free Oculus Store Credit again so it's not all bad lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ilkkuPvPilkkuPvP Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Ok, so im not the onlyone. Its just so annoying. I hope that Oculus will fix it soon.
  • FinalSagaFinalSaga Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Start the installer again and do a repair - they have it working again it seems like
  • ilkkuPvPilkkuPvP Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Ok. Im on holidays now so i cant do it rightnow, but when i come back home ill test it. :smile:
  • SJD1969SJD1969 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2018
    I also had this for more than 12 hours, because of the Oculus update that broke the software - just do a "repair" as mentioned in this thread - worked for me.