cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Oculus ever start selling Gift Cards like most other E-stores?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get that VR is still niche, but it would be nice to have another option for purchase other than a debit or credit card. Gifting VR content through them would be choice. Just curious, thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm surprised that they haven't started doing this yet tbh, especially when you consider that the infrastructure has been in place to make this possible since they started to do store credit themselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah that’s true. I think it would be a good investment for them with all the Go’s being sold.

Jenn1004cat
Honored Guest
With holidays coming up, gift cards would be very convenient.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I would have purchased From Other Suns and Gifted it to my brother if there was a gifting option on Oculus, if that game wasn't an exclusive, I'd just go right over to steam to gift it.  They need this feature and gift cards for their store.

PattiLD12
Honored Guest
I want to give a pack of games as a Christmas gift. If there isn't a gift card/certificate option, how can I buy it and gift it?

falken76
Expert Consultant

PattiLD12 said:

I want to give a pack of games as a Christmas gift. If there isn't a gift card/certificate option, how can I buy it and gift it?

As long as it's not an Oculus exclusive, you log into steam and do it there because they have the option, I'm sure oculus will eventually add gifting options at some point.

eovento
Protege
I was about to write they have no idea how much money they lose every single day by not allowing such a simple thing, but after finding so many topics on the same subject on forums, I realise they do know... they simply don't like the money. 🙂

Bibliotheque-Gi
Honored Guest
As a library (linked to an administration for whatever is financial), we simply can't use Credit card or paypal to buy app.

Giftcards we could buy from local store (in France in our case) would be really great for us

majorlee_army
Honored Guest
waiting on you Oculus... I need oculus marketplace codes/cards.