DEAD MOON - Revenge on Phobos - FPS Action Horror Game - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DEAD MOON - Revenge on Phobos - FPS Action Horror Game

Comments

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,287 Valuable Player
    First time I've seen this - don't know why I haven't noticed it up to now. Can be difficult to look past all the bumf and see things that are interesting, I guess. Will have to have a look.

• M.A.I.-SoldierM.A.I.-Soldier Posts: 54
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018

Brixmis said:
    First time I've seen this - don't know why I haven't noticed it up to now. Can be difficult to look past all the bumf and see things that are interesting, I guess. Will have to have a look.
    Hello, yes, we need a bigger marketing department!  :'( ;)

We are working on new wonderful dark content for the players. A small sample is available as screenshot.

Enquiries: MercuryAerospaceVR@gmail.com

"Sprotzen oder nicht Sprotzen ... das ist hier die Frage" - Philosoph unbekannt
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018

We are pleased to present you today the new update announcement. As soon as the new update is available we will inform you!

Update Content:

Description and new features
    - Optimized depth effects through color dynamics and texturing
    - Adaptation of AI ranged combat for better game dynamics
    - New 3D elements 
    - New textures
    - Revised texture design 
    - Partially revised level design
    - Partially revised lighting design
    - Higher level of details in many maps
    - Opponents have been repositioned in some places
    - New sky environment

3D Elements
    - Spotlights
    - Small acid tanks
    - Preservation tanks
    - Steel structures
    - Diffferent wall typs 
    - Monster pieces

Fixed
    - Some walls were set wrong
    - Some items were set wrong
    - Texturings were faulty in some places
    - Corrections to various light sources
    - It could happen that opponents switched to close combat mode too quickly
    - Adjustment of collision detection for some 3D elements

Although I bought it after my last post, I haven't played it yet - so I'll make sure I do by the end of the weekend and will write a review on the store page.

I have a long list of VR games not yet played, so it wasn't because I didn't want to try it ;)

Hiro Protagonist
    Brixmis said:
    Although I bought it after my last post, I haven't played it yet - so I'll make sure I do by the end of the weekend and will write a review on the store page.

I have a long list of VR games not yet played, so it wasn't because I didn't want to try it ;)
    The new content offers a big boost to even more fun and "more beautiful" effects ;). You waited for the right moment. Regards 

Hiro Protagonist

Hello monster hunters,

in our latest update we have pushed some depth effects with new color dynamics and texturing. Beside the new game contents there were also some bugs that could be fixed. Good luck and much fun surviving on Stickney 2! 

Unfortunately, my Oculus Home has stopped updating and installing everything (except itself) so I can't get the latest update.

I did have a quick go earlier today, but struggled a bit. I was unable to pick up the shotgun in the intro piece, and after trying for a while, gave up - I'll have another go tomorrow (I can't stand for more than around 30 minutes - sometimes less).

Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2018

Hello monster hunters,

due to an error in the small medikit pick-up there will be a smaller update round. It also includes new trashy Stickney 2 content.

More Information about it in our Dead Moon blog and some new Screenshoots: 

Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2018

Hi monster hunters ... A new Update Round is coming! We will install the new update in the Oculus Store soon.

We think the new content is it worth launching a new Update Round. We continued to push the VR depth effects with new 3D content and color dynamics. In any case, the new update will make monster hunting even more enjoyable.

Had another go - still can't pick up the shotgun.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2018
    Brixmis said:
    Had another go - still can't pick up the shotgun.
    Hello Brixmis, we cannot reproduce this "error". Can you pick up other items? Maybe it is an operating failure, because we changend some functions in the past. Please use and hold the grab button during you pick up items. It should work  :) .  

Primary controller (Weapon hand):

This is what I am trying to do. Once I managed to pick up the shotgun, but it was horizontal to me, as if picked up at the side by the controller, instead of in line and I couldn't do anything with it.

I have no problem with the pistols.

I'll see if I can record a video next time.

Hiro Protagonist
    Brixmis said:
    This is what I am trying to do. Once I managed to pick up the shotgun, but it was horizontal to me, as if picked up at the side by the controller, instead of in line and I couldn't do anything with it.

I have no problem with the pistols.

I'll see if I can record a video next time.
    Hi! The way you're describing it, it could still be this: If the same hand is switched to the weapon during the pick-up action, there is an interruption and you can no longer take the pick-up. 
    The action must be completed first or it must be switched until the hand appears again. Then continue the action.  Otherwise the pick-up "floats" in the hand. If it still doesn't work out, we are looking forward to the video. 

For further information: The new update is expected to be released at the Oculus Store on Friday. 

Hiro Protagonist
    NEW UPDATE IS ON!

Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 2018
    You want to know more about the idea behind Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos- ! We have collected some useful information:

What makes Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos- special?
    The gaming environment creates an extraordinary atmosphere. The moon station Stickney 2 has a gloomy vibe to it and makes you feel as if you actually are in an old, abandoned space station. Then there are the hordes of monsters, and fast battles with a great variety of weapons. Some elements are exaggerated, of course, such as the final opponent. All these taken together is what makes Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos- very special. 

Could you summarize the storyline?
    It is quite a simple narrative, really. You crash on the moon Phobos and have to find a way out of the space station Stickney 2. All the while, you have to survive the hordes of monsters that keep coming after you. The focus is on a fun gaming experience. We had initially considered to tell a story about humankind running out of resources etc., and to let our hologram „Anni“ act as a narrator; however, we then decided to go back to what was essential to us: Virtual Reality, action, monsters, horror, blood.

What kind of gamers will enjoy playing?
    You should be into a lot of monster action, and should like the apocalyptic feel and the creepy atmospheree, as well as science-fiction themed games.

If you had to highlight some of the special technical features, which ones would it be?
    Mainly our locomotion system, the interaction of the gamer with the gaming environment, and the high-resolution structures. To quote one of the games testers: „I love games where I can see what I have achieved.“

How long is the playing time?
    The playing time varies according to the level of difficulty and the selected episode. There are currently four episodes, each with 4 different maps and three levels of difficulty. 

Is Dead Moon -Revenge on Phobos- a so-called wave shooter?
    You can freely explore the moon base Stickney 2. You can use Free Locomotion, Teleport or Room Scale.

What makes your controls so special?
    We tried to keep the controls as intuitive and simple as possible. This ensures fast gameplay and the monster hunt is twice as much fun. Motion sickness can be easily avoided due to the given options. 

Why is there no game menu?
    We implement an interactive game menu (We love this idea for VR). Our holobuttons are already used for menu navigation. 

Further Information

Hiro Protagonist
    Check out the weapons inventory: 

- Rocket launcher
    - Pistol
    - Shotgun
    - Machine gun
    - Plasma gun

Hiro Protagonist
    A classic back in Dead Moon! We ❤️ love dead VR monsters!  

Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2018

Update is online now!

Hey monster hunters,

this Update Round is all about more virtual reality interaction. New loot boxes will help you to survive at Stickney 2. Find hidden ammunition, HP or sometimes hidden access cards. The level of detail in some maps has been significantly increased. 

We are looking forward to your feedback and your wishes. In the meantime, have fun shredding the monsters.

"Little by little, the bird builds its nest" - We still remain in Early Access

Features / Improvements
    - Added interactive loot boxes in three different designs
    - Added new materials
    - Added new textures and normal maps
    - Added new 3D objects
    - Added lighting design
    - Added new particles
    - Modified designs of decals (transparency, colors, patterns)
    - Higher level of details in almost every map
    - Added more ammunition for difficulty level hard
    - Easter Eggs for enthusiasts
    - As always more blood

Bugs
    - Fixed a problem with the UV mapping of the story tablet
    - Fixed faulty 3D models
    - Fixed some misplaced decals

Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2018
    Our new trailer will be available soon in the Oculus Store. If you can't wait, you can already see it on our homepage.

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 586
    Neo
    edited August 2018
    I've just bought this - happy to support indie developers :)

For what is early access it does look like fun!

ETA: Had a quick play once it downloaded - found, like @Brixmis that picking up the shotgun was a pain until I grabbed it by the stock...  I think the game has potential.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 586
    Neo
    edited August 2018
    Ok @MercuryAerospace , I've finished chapter 1 (on easy, of course) and have a couple of comments...

Gripes: why did you choose the 'Grab' button as a change weapon button?  Having to defeat muscle memory is a pain!
    The machine gun has a telesight but it doesn't do anything and just makes it harder to aim, will this change in the future?

All of the good stuff:  brilliant implementation of teleport - using capacitive sensing to 'start' the teleporter is very well implemented.
    Free walk/run is also very well done, only having to teleport for the odd high-up item mixes things up well.
    I love the Plasma gun!  (not that I don't like the others much, they are all impressive!)
    Very old-school Doom like and just as much fun.

I hope you continue to improve on the game, but even as it is today I have to say I've spent more money on worse content!

Anyone thinking of trying it I'd say do it, it needs polishing but is very playable today.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    Hiro Protagonist
    RattyUK said:

Gripes: why did you choose the 'Grab' button as a change weapon button?  Having to defeat muscle memory is a pain!
    The machine gun has a telesight but it doesn't do anything and just makes it harder to aim, will this change in the future?

First, thanks for your positive feedback and we hope you have a lot of fun with Dead Moon! 

- Gripes: The current function allows a very fast and easy switching of the weapons without a weapon menue. That's why we chose this solution (It's more like 1, 2, 3, etc. on the keyboard or scrolling on the mouse wheel). We will test if the grip function can be realized in another way without affecting the essential functions.

- We are also not 100% satisfied with the current solution. Yes we would like to change this but we do not know yet exactly in which way (Without telesight or maybe a zoom function or a complete new weapon model).

Best,
    M.A.I. Team

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,734 Valuable Player
    I don't like using the trigger button as a grip button, it feels so wrong, everything else uses the grip button on the handle to grab things, and every other game uses the trigger as an actual trigger.
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2018
    Big monsters mean a lot of monsterblood. With the new update there are blood fountains at dead monsters and bloody clouds while exploding the monster bodies. We ❤ VR blood!

Update notes:
    https://www.indiedb.com/members/mercuryaerospacevr/blogs/update-round-111-more-blood

Hiro Protagonist
    Dead Moon is going to leave Early Access status ... Find more info here

Hiro Protagonist
    Dead Moon - Revenge on Phobos - is available with 19% off in fall sale

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1772313552779625/ …

We ❤️ love action games!

Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2018

Hi you Dead Moon hunters and berserkers,

with the next update and the exit from the EA-Status there will be the option to get back to the Flux-Extender-Gates. Furthermore we are busy with bugfixing. Look forward to the new content!

If you still have wishes for the next update, now would be the right time to write them to us. See you on Phobos!

Edit: Furthermore these new little helpers will support you with the next update.

Hiro Protagonist
    For our next update and the exit from the Eearly Access we added new models and functions. We have thought again about what is most important to us and the community in terms of additional functions and so on. 

Full article available on our homepage!

It's competing for my time with many other VR experiences, though and I guess that's the problem these days for developers. So many great experiences and so few hours in the day.

Pleased to see it get out of EA, though and this is the perfect time to have another look :)

Hiro Protagonist
    Brixmis said:
    It's competing for my time with many other VR experiences, though and I guess that's the problem these days for developers. So many great experiences and so few hours in the day.

Pleased to see it get out of EA, though and this is the perfect time to have another look :)

We'd love it if you'd go back to Stickney 2 and hunt monsters. For an episode Dead Moon you should take your time anyway ;) ... Greetings your DM Team