New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

Comments

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,932 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    @pyroth309 - Just had a couple of terrible, terrible rounds on expert, and still got much higher rankings due to the leaderboards having been reset.

This is your time to shine, mate! Only competition I see in top 10 for you might be our very own @keeen.chop who's tearing it up!

I know all the cool kids are playing E+ now, but I'm not ready for it yet.
    Lol. I'm just not in a beat saber mood atm, been playing a bunch of random stuff with O+ and also some flat screen games with my peasant friends.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,287 Valuable Player

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 183
    Art3mis
    Oh man, i forgot about this game for a bit.

Been pancake gaming some WC3 due to the nostalgia and hype for the remaster.
  • KeenChopKeenChop Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2018
    @Wildt I wonder what this "Pro mode" will offer, expert+ is already pretty tough. Adding faster song and fading arrows was a great idea. But Expert+ lacks "flow" in my opinion. Still better than "random anime bullshit waterfall of cubes":wink:
    I love beat saver tho <3

• LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 335
    Trinity
    Did anyone else notice much more stutters and glitches than before the patch?

Before I had those very very rarely. But now I have stutters in about every run. I've even noticed a few times my right hand saber disappeared for a second, I've never had this before.

Before the patch I found "Legend" to be the easiest song on expert. Now I couldn't even get a full combo in 15 tries, just because of those glitches.
    That's no fun any more.  :(

• iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 183
    Art3mis
    @Wildt I wonder what this "Pro mode" will offer, expert+ is already pretty tough. Adding faster song and fading arrows was a great idea. But Expert+ lacks "flow" in my opinion. Still better than "random anime bullshit waterfall of cubes":wink:
    I love beat saver tho <3

I just sped up the songs instead of trying expert+ because it still flows well, just faster.
    Brain Burst
    My New Year's resolution is to start playing expert+
    New song is noice.

edited December 2018
    Well done!
    That song is just ear cancer to me, and played at a faster rate just makes things sound so much worse.. but for a shorter amount of time thank god. I've played it twice, and that's all I can endure methinks.
    Brain Burst
    Wildt said:
    Well done!
    That song is just ear cancer to me, and played at a faster rate just makes things sound so worse.. but for a shorter amount of time thank god. I've played it twice, and that's all I can endure methinks.

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,346 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    Well done!
    That song is just ear cancer to me, and played at a faster rate just makes things sound so much worse.. but for a shorter amount of time thank god. I've played it twice, and that's all I can endure methinks.
    Agreed.  I felt like I dropped 100 IQ points listening to that racket.  It's not even music.....its just high pitched NOISE!!!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,722 Valuable Player
    That was absolutely phenominal @keeen.chop - truly.

While this isn't necessarily my brand of music, I think that its approach to music composition is in fact quite impressive. I can get how it sounds like a bunch of noise, but I can actually hear the polyrhythms. This is truly professional stuff if you break it down. I looked up the band and it seems they have a strong following, especially Louis Cole - who has a strong background in jazz (heavy polyrhythmic influence).

Trying to hit high levels in Beat Saber with a polyrhythmic song is downright badass.

For those not familiar with polyrhythmic music, I give you, Meshuggah.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Brain Burst
    Ok I gave expert+ a try. Woaah.

Brain Burst
    0:46 i hit my headset
    Welcome to the club! 
    Brain Burst
    Ok last one, won't spam.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,722 Valuable Player
    I just completed New Hope on Expert for the first time. Barely an "A" Rank so I'm a long way off from you fella's. But it felt might goooodd

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    @Zenbane beating my score would be my ONLY motivation to play that awful song for the 3rd time.. the beatmap itself is decent.
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    So with the new update and new track added today (K/DA - Pop/stars) mod´s are broken again.

I know it´s early, but any known fixes yet?
    I used mod manager 2.2.3 ... Really want my custom songs back asap.
    Be good, die great !
    Make sure that you load the song loader AND song browser. For some reason they aren’t selected automatically anymore. Also make sure that you have the latest version of the mod manager. 
    Wintermute
    Finally worked my way up to expert.
     Have been struggling with how you all could achieve full combos. Still have a long way to go but at least managed Beat saber and Escape.

Have yet to get a full combo on this track, but it feels amazing playing it .. Wanted to share since I havent seen any of you play it:

Be good, die great !
    Brain Burst
    Failure

Victory

Wintermute
    edited December 2018
    I´ve tried Rap God as well and had nothing but failure with it. It´s cancer like Dark Souls 3 :smiley:

Also got full combo on expert - Commercial pumping some days ago:

Im a slow learner i guess. Can´t believe how you do expert+
    Anyhow. Actullay Commercial pumping is the first track I look sexy doing ( might even be the first time in my life I look sexy.)

I need a gf ... Sodapoppin send me yours !!
    Be good, die great !
    Brain Burst
    So, how are your scores? It's a little quiet in here.

Been meaning to get back into BS after I've put down In Death for good.. I could use the workout too :)
    @keeen.chop  - I think you're the new resident expert, so I got a Q for you: How come the "no fail" modifier doesn't increase the score multiplier?
    Brain Burst
    edited January 2019
    Wildt said:
    Been meaning to get back into BS after I've put down In Death for good.. I could use the workout too :)
    @keeen.chop  - I think you're the new resident expert, so I got a Q for you: How come the "no fail" modifier doesn't increase the score multiplier?
    Stop it I'm blushing :P
    Dunno but my first guess is devs just test it before implementing pro mode(whatever that is)
    Wildt said:
    Been meaning to get back into BS after I've put down In Death for good..
    What?!?!?!?  Why???  
    Digikid1 said:
    Wildt said:
    Been meaning to get back into BS after I've put down In Death for good..
    What?!?!?!?  Why???  
    Arrogant devs who basically broke the game for experienced players with a patch, and went on holiday for a month, ignoring support forums etc.

I'm a software dev myself, and it's just basically considered a death sin in my team to patch anything right before you go on a holiday. Well, if you have bulletproof quality gates (who the fuck does?) then OK, but they evidently do not.

The patch note said something like "fixed Gabriel exploit", but introduced another randomly occurring bug which made him invulnerable, and thus unpassable. This could mean the abrupt end of a potential top 10 score run after 15+ hours.
    Brain Burst
    Finally made it to Top 500! B)
    edited May 2019
    The new flashy background in Audica has me a little annoyed, so I've been swinging them measticks in BS again.  Finally crossed 1mil. in Angel Voices :sunglasses:

I'm coming for ya @KeenChop ! :lol:

edited May 2019
    Dunno if you guys are aware of the new scoring system, but in essence it no longer penalizes fast swings (=me). Here's the sauce:

The new precise scoring system – explaned

Note: if you see 90/60 in the text, it means – 90 degrees before the cut and 60 degrees after the cut. The same goes for 100/60.

The potential amount of bonus points you get from cutting closer to the middle of the block has been changed from 10 to 15, the closer to the middle of the block you hit, the closer you get to getting the maximum of 15 points.

Previously, to swing for 90/60 angles required to get the full 100 points was bugged (technical: it wouldn't count the last frame before hitting the note). Thus if you swung faster, you would need to swing at higher angles to get the full 100 points, much higher than 90/60.

We fixed this bug (which makes getting the full 100 points easier), and made the angles 100/60 instead, to account for the competitive scene.

Put simply:
    - Bonus points from cutting closer to the block changed from 10 to 15.
    - Fixed a bug that calculated the 90/60 angles wrong, making players have to swing more than 90/60.
    - Changed angle required for 100 points from 90/60 to 100/60 because of the above change.

Due to this I've actually managed to beat our resident master @KeenChop on a couple of maps now! :sunglasses: