Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here. - Page 35 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

Comments

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,287 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    Well I just spent a few hours in Skyrim and seem to be well hooked :)

I reinstalled the pouches mod and now it's working just fine. I'm up to well over 400 (was 335 before) so that's a good improvement. I also now have 3 followers to carry my stuff :)

Unfortunately, I seem to have some spell or other fixed to my right grip button and I kept accidentally setting it off in Whiterun so the guards attacked us (edit: this was the dragon shout, which I forgot to disable after proving my dragonborniness) . With my 3 followers, we easily killed off all the guards - I continued just for fun, before reloading the last save. The plus side is that now I know how good that spell is, I use it on anyone who threatens me, which seems to stun them, while I get my bow out and put a few arrows in them.

Just been out hunting to gather stuff to make leather to make items to sell. I don't know about enchanting, yet - so I'll get that done. I emptied out the Jarl's place of all metal bits and sold them all, too, but after hiring a merceneary, I'm a bit poor again now - think it's 411 gold atm. Never mind. If I had known the Jarl was going to give me a bodyguard, I wouldn't have bothered with the mercenary.

I keep forgetting to upgrade - must remember next time. I have everything I want to keep stashed away in barrels at the fort. Not sure if I should switch to lighter armour so I can carry more as well. I am going the sneak/mage/archer route.

I also tried the Evil Lair of Hydra mod - but I've been to the 'Lair' and didn't think much to it - though it gave me more stuff to sell - and I will uninstall it.

The Jarl tells me I should go to the greybeards ASAP (for Dragonborn upgrades, I think) is this advisable?

Thanks for your tips, anyway, Jake. I'll get there sometime. Meantime, I'm off back to Bleak Falls Barrow to collect up all the loot I left there during the two quests.

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute

The hit box. OMG this was ridiculous when the game first came out. Its better now but still needs work. I still wish they would fix this. I found that when trying to pick something up its made easier by equipping a sword and using it as a pointer.  

There is a mod that changes the hitboxes so they're a lot closer to the meshes.. the writeup even suggests that some of them have even had the mesh replicated and used to replace/conform the hitbox geometry.

I'm not at home to find the name, but it was on Nexus and fairly easy to find.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 216
    Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    Guys, another quick question - in the Way of the Voice instructions, it says to copy the mod into the Skyrim data folder:

- Download the mod file and install through your mod manager of choice.
    - If your mod manager uses virtual folders to install mods (NMM, MO2, and Vortex) manually copy the files from where your manager stores the mod files to your "Skyrim {VR/Special Edition}/data/" folder. Because VoiceMacro is not Skyrim itself, the files must physically be present in your Skyrim data folder for WotV to function properly.

Does this mean put the mod folder in there (Way of the Voice), or the contents of the mod folder? These are the contents:

I put the entire folder in and am having issues with the sounds not being found - but I'm wary of putting the contents in, in case it messes something up.

Be careful installing mods to your actual DATA directory. I recommend making a backup copy of your DATA directory just in case. If things really screw up, you just re-verify the game files from Steam though.

i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
    Well although it seems to be activating just fine in the game, I have been unable to issue any commands with it, nor make any shouts. So I'm going to remove it and try one of the other two recommended voice options.

• Jake_DragonJake_Dragon Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    For now I am sticking to the default and leaving voice commands alone. Its bad enough I cant play the game when my girl friend is home I don't want to start talking to it. :D (She doesn't care but I would rather spend time with her than with Lydia)
    The right grip option for shouts is annoying and I forget sometime and shout at the guards. They don't appreciate that I am a New Dragon Born. lol 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLy4O7HfiEc
    '"Can't say I've heard any laws against... Whatever it is you're doing. But I'll lock you up if I have to."
    Just had a good couple of hour in game and really getting used to the controls and menus now. Using more magic and realising how much more beneficial it can be in combat (especially fire! >:) ).

I have a bit of an issue, though. I went out to do some hunting and then got on my hoss and walked it to the fort. When I got there I realised only Faendal had come with me - the two women had stayed (bloody women "bodyguards" - probably too busy checking their make-up!).

I went back to where they were, basically in the middle of the wild area, and they gave the old"right by you" sort of blurb. Then I fast travelled to Bleak Falls Barrow, thinking the four of us would easily carry all that loot back to Whiterun - but on arrival again, only Faendal was with me. I've been unable to find the other two since! One was a mercenary and the other is the lady I get for killing the dragon (Lydia?).

Any ideas how to find them?

Mind you - all the dead dreager bodies and goodies had disappeared up the mountain, so Faendal and I were able to manage what loot remained on our own - oh and I killed another dragon! (Yippee!).

Really enjoying it now - almost up to 2,000 gold bits, too. Need a lot more than that, of course.

Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    Just had a good couple of hour in game and really getting used to the controls and menus now. Using more magic and realising how much more beneficial it can be in combat (especially fire! >:) ).

I have a bit of an issue, though. I went out to do some hunting and then got on my hoss and walked it to the fort. When I got there I realised only Faendal had come with me - the two women had stayed (bloody women "bodyguards" - probably too busy checking their make-up!).

I went back to where they were, basically in the middle of the wild area, and they gave the old"right by you" sort of blurb. Then I fast travelled to Bleak Falls Barrow, thinking the four of us would easily carry all that loot back to Whiterun - but on arrival again, only Faendal was with me. I've been unable to find the other two since! One was a mercenary and the other is the lady I get for killing the dragon (Lydia?).

Any ideas how to find them?

Mind you - all the dead dreager bodies and goodies had disappeared up the mountain, so Faendal and I were able to manage what loot remained on our own - oh and I killed another dragon! (Yippee!).

Really enjoying it now - almost up to 2,000 gold bits, too. Need a lot more than that, of course.

Lydia can be found back in White run again, probably in Dragon's Reach if I remember correctly. If you own The Breeze house she'll be found there too.

I think mercenaries will follow you until you release them, to have them follow you again (once released) you'll need to pay them more gold. Look again where you originally paid the mercenary.

Make sure you have 'Amazing Followers Tweaks SE' mod installed if you don't already. You can summon your followers if they disappear on you...which happens so regularly that you definitely need that mod.

i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2018

Make sure you have 'Amazing Followers Tweaks SE' mod installed if you don't already. You can summon your followers if they disappear on you...which happens so regularly that you definitely need that mod.

This. 
    Also be aware that followers can die unless they are modified. My first play through I lost Lydia and could not find her. After a while a messenger came to see me and gave me the bad news. Lol she left me 600 gold coins if I remember right.

Friendly fire is real!!!
    Nexus 6

Show your followers.

Here are my 4 followers I have with me in my travels. I've modded them quite a bit. Nice to have in VR...

edited December 2018
    Ooh! I'll have the angel, please! :D

At least Faendal is loyal to the last - though he got stuck up the moutain once and it took me ages to get him round the obstacle.

I'll go and have a look in Draon's Reach, then. If Janessa wants more money she can sod off - already paid her 500 and I'm busy saving for a house, now.

I did want to put the amazing followers in, which I already have downloaded, but I remembered I had a setting in another mod where it needed to know if AFT was installed. I can't remember which mod and I don't want to mess it up now it's all working. Actually, it's probably the Immersive Citizens mod (and maybe -wenches?). I'll unsinstall those then reinstall with the appropriate settings and hope for the best.

Can someone explain wth WICO is good for, please?

*got my followers back. Lydia was sleeping by the kitchen at Dragon's Reach :s

Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    Ooh! I'll have the angel, please! :D

Can someone explain wth WICO is good for, please?

*got my followers back. Lydia was sleeping by the kitchen at Dragon's Reach :s

Yes, I like the Angel as well. It's a variation of a number of different mods that I put together on her.

WICO is for modifying the look of the NPC's in the game. I use WICO plus others for my modding. To get NPC's to look like my followers (body, skin, etc...) you need to use a number of different mods. It's is very easy to do and since it's only textures, it shouldn't be too taxing on your system as long as you don't do too much (for your system).

Glad you got your followers back!!! ;)
    Hiro Protagonist
    Kitten is my only follower right now. 

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,649 Valuable Player

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    This thread is filled with pervs! (self included) :D

Hiro Protagonist
    Brixmis said:
    This thread is filled with pervs! (self included) :D
    Its about realism or boobs what ever lets you sleep at night. 
    I prefer tits myself -- but I've always gone by the principal that more than a handful is just a waste. I actually have quite a nice pair myself, according to a previous GP :p

OK - it's finally crashed and refusing to start.

I hadn't changed anything and it was running fine for a few minutes before it decided to exit stage left, so I'll do a Steam verify - do I have to do anything after that, before I can start playing again?

Hiro Protagonist
    After you verify the game cache check your load order. I use Loot to sort my order and have good luck with it.
    The only exception I have is the VR Body mod. But none of my loads have caused the game to not load.
    What was the last mod you updated? Was it WICO because there are compatibility issues. Read the FAQ for the mod or the last mod you installed. I use to have a lot of issues with "hair" of all things. It would crash the game all the time. Now I just use light weight hair mods. I also don't use any bounce mods. They cause issues all the time, hair goes crazy and flat tits when they don't work right. Who needs bad hair and flat tits.
    edited December 2018
    No, not WICO - haven't used it. Nothing that wasn't there for a while. Pretty sure reinstalling the pouch mod was the last one. I don't think that will have caused it - I had been playing when the game crashed and I did get an error code, though it revealed nothing. It was after that I couldn't start any more. I'll try starting without MO2 first.

I've used LOOT from the start.

**just had a look at the MO2 log from when the crash occurred. It states a crash log was saved to Appdata but the folder it points to is empty - so no clues.

• FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    SkyrimVr uninstalled itself today from my Steam library with 3 other games (H3VR, In Death and Eleven Table Tennis VR !!!! :o
    I hope I'll still have my save, I had 80 something hours in game :/
    And more than that, I hope I won't have to install my mods again..... :'(
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Hiro Protagonist
    SkyrimVr uninstalled itself today from my Steam library with 3 other games (H3VR, In Death and Eleven Table Tennis VR !!!! :o
    I hope I'll still have my save, I had 80 something hours in game :/
    And more than that, I hope I won't have to install my mods again..... :'(
    Is this folder empty?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data
    That is where your game is installed and where mods are installed. If the game has to be installed again then yes you will need to reinstall your mods.
    But your saved games are here
    Documents\My Games\
    Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\Saves
    So if you do have to reinstall you should still have your saved progress.
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2018
    Brixmis said:
    No, not WICO - haven't used it. Nothing that wasn't there for a while. Pretty sure reinstalling the pouch mod was the last one. I don't think that will have caused it - I had been playing when the game crashed and I did get an error code, though it revealed nothing. It was after that I couldn't start any more. I'll try starting without MO2 first.

I've used LOOT from the start.

**just had a look at the MO2 log from when the crash occurred. It states a crash log was saved to Appdata but the folder it points to is empty - so no clues.
    Odd but I had a similar issue and it turned out to be an old mod that didn't remove all of its files when I uninstalled it. 
    So after a couple days it started CTD when I tried to run the game. But you said you haven't installed any new mods
    Odd. Are you on the latest SKSEVR? are you using FNIS? if you are try running GenerateFNISforUsers.exe again.
    Are you using VR BODY Mod? If so put it at the bottom of your load order. LOOT doesn't put it where it needs to be and has caused me issues where the mod wont work or saved games wont load. 
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2018
    Something definitely strange started happening since yesterday. My Skyrim VR (with 151 mods) install has been rock solid for 499 hrs till yesterday. I have a repeatable problem that I can make happen every time, even after reloading a prior save and doing a specific thing within a specific quest. After the problem starts, Skyrim VR pauses for about 15 seconds every minute or so. If I go back to the prior save again, all is fine...unless I do the same particular task. Very frustrating!!! Been researching, but nothing relates to the problem in the particular Quest I'm on (which is part of the 'Legacy of the Dragonborn mod'). No reports of it of the LOTDB mod site, so I'm guessing an update is causing issues. I haven't added anything to my mod list in while and did a LOOT order again (which strangely reordered my mods even without adding anything new) but problem still happens. Strange indeed!

Also, did a check for missing scripts in my saves, but all is good.
    Strange stuff going on all round, then.

My issue is definitely caused by a mod. This evening I played default SkyrimVR for over 2 hours and no issues at all. Had to start a new save, of course, but not bothered about that.

I don't really have much in the way of mods.

That's all. I'll have another go tomorrow and start removing or reinstalling them one by one. The two I've used the least so far (in time) are Unread Books Glow and Bandolier, so I'll try them first. I can do without the glowing books, so I may just ditch that completely anyway. It may just have been a freak event that can happen if x,y,z are in alignment and it's a full moon.

• FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    Is this folder empty?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data
    That is where your game is installed and where mods are installed. If the game has to be installed again then yes you will need to reinstall your mods.
    But your saved games are here
    Documents\My Games\
    Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\Saves
    So if you do have to reinstall you should still have your saved progress.
    No, the folder is still there and not empty (23.5 Go), same with the other 3 games..
    But I just sorted it out : I tried launching an install, and it recognized the already installed files (just tried with eleven table tennis and In Death, it should be OK with Skyrim and H3VR too)
    Thanks a lot ! :)
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Nexus 6
    After doing more research on my problem, I found out that having multiple followers messes with the Mods script as the script for m y followers takes place at the same time as the script for Legacy....  So, I just need to tell my followers to wait in another area outside while I do the Quest for the mod. I'm going to give it a shot...
    Nexus 6
    Telling my followers to wait outside worked. Now I can move on...
    Modded game is working again now - seems I just had to play in regular VR game to get it sorted.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,965 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    I just bought Skyrim VR for something like $23 (€20) - I think it'll be good for my VR education  o:)

Unfortunately this thread is depressingly long - and I know absolutely nothing about modding Skyrim VR. I'd greatly appreciate some help  :)

Are there any Skyrim VR mods for the Rift that are must-haves? (And where can I find them?) Thanks! 

(BTW, also just got Overload (=Descent4) for $12/€11 - I'd be happy to share links inf needed)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Sorry, can't help you! I read through the entire thing to find out everything (hint hint!)

Actually I can't help cos I've got a hospital appointment to go to.... seeya! :D