cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same effect reproduced in color
92z3y3jyeo6v.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Changes in figure over time (right, left, center) from the back.  Interesting that while working in mirror mode, with the grey model, the form is much better, in terms of the overall sculpt, but at the expense of quite a bit of surface dynamic where extensive smoothing was done.  For this particular technique, some combination of the two is probably ideal, to maximize the light play on the surface.  Will have to think about how to go about that more precisely. Not the best lighting angle for the boots in this particular image
8m5f74io7q0g.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Front view over various iterations, no particular order.  Figure with the boots is the most recent in this shot.  Kept a little bit more of the subsurface distortion to preserve the line effect.  Boots get kind of a particalized effect here, which kind of reminds me of a star treck transporter scene.  When the image is more complete, will revisit that technique and see how it looks on the full figure.
w3bvf90idtcb.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the grey version, without the crackling (see previous page for the beginning of this series). 
Start of some wing forms, which I'll experiment with, since I like the light effects and some of the shape
4xtsdtczbedj.pngenxgympss9ce.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our lady of electric light in her current form, front and back, one with boots, one without.
tgjodgivle3s.pngjycrxkuk3ns1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Played around with hair-styles a bit.  Not overly satisfied with any of the results.   If I feel patient I might start doing strand clusters, but that's a really slow process.  Going to have to think about it some more.   Toying with doing more on the one side shaved (less memory consumptive), but that is probably a full session just getting everything where I want it
Might cave in and go external, or just do a bandana or some kind of headgear instead.  Face accidentally misaligned, so I'm going to have to put all that back
together. Probably redo the eyes, bend the corners of the lips a bit. Anyhow, will pick an approach and remove the things I'm not using and get back to work on the outfit.   Possibly just move on to try something else, since not going to have a lot of extra time this week, it appears.
qinykm6a53wo.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of about twenty images taken, while the machine was battling for which form to draw first.  Flipped through all sorts of permutations.  Didn't want to overload it, imaged two or three at a time, waited until it started to sort, did more.

xp6q5utp8p10.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
HDMI not found.  Card port will run a monitor.   Headset cable is most likely toast, cable is crimped and coating ripped.. hopefully that's the problem.  Anyhow no more rift until I can swing a replacement.  Last project I was working on is this one stamp dragon, so he'll have to hold down the fort.
evt7w2o1ambq.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Dude, nightmare! Hope you get sorted soon