Robo Recall Update - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall Update

Comments

• manu-tmanu-t Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    Is it possible to rollback to a previous version of Roborecal?
    With the new version whenever I change supersampling the game crashes and I have to restart roborecall. Howvere the last setting does "stick". But I have to restart the full game EVERYTIME I change one o/f supersampling numbers.

THis didn't happen with the previous version so I want to rollback to an older version.

I have a similar problem with Skybox (old version worked fine, updated today and things get really jerky).

My system is: i7-6700, mainboard with H170 chipset, 16GB Ram, GTX1070. On Windows 7-64-bit.   No, I can't and wont update to Windows 10 as some of my specifically needed programs doesn't work on Win10 (yet). I'm using NVidia drivers v382.5 tried v390 but that is way too buggy (e.g. setting full range in display-settings doesn't stick amongst others) and went back to v382.

It seems that 2018 is becoming the year of incompetence since most updates on whatever is crap especially on Windows 7. Funny since I bought the Rift particularly since it was advertised as working Windows 7. Was this the wrong decision?

Any ideas?
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have the same problem with setting the SS level, screen freeze and reboot required 
  • daverx7daverx7 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    Hey guys!  I was able to get Robo Recall to be able to change my supersampling by leaving the Home 2.0 beta.   So there seems to be an issue with the beta.
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've tried that but didn't help
  • Holy_1Holy_1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have had problems with(robo recall) extremely laggy performance after a few minutes of play on the lowest settings. Was working great one day and then boom all lag. Tried all the fixes I have seen. A little pissed off.
  • deftwaredeftware Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Holy_1 said:
    I have had problems with(robo recall) extremely laggy performance after a few minutes of play on the lowest settings. Was working great one day and then boom all lag. Tried all the fixes I have seen. A little pissed off.
    Sounds like a problem with your Windows + background software getting busy.
  • cowboyfanvacowboyfanva Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Great.   This is a good game!!
  • Micro666Micro666 Posts: 19 Oculus Start Member
    Holy_1 said:

Yep have the same problem. Had this issue for months now with no real resolution. One day Robo Recall will work fine, perfect performance. Next day laggy as hell, and sometimes after a period of lagginess it claims to have lost sensor tracking too, which is crap, as no other game has this problem.

I could load it now and it might be perfectly fine to play, or it might not be. It's a guessing game.

I've tried different nVidia drivers too, to no avail.

It's a shame, as it's still one of my favourites (when it work).

Micro666
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Nice update for the Koreans. I love Asians (the oriental ones not those Indians with arranged marriages who move to UK, fall out and then use acid attacks after failed wife beating for her to like him...the same modern day news we hear about). So how about banning Russians after Putin's role in terrorism with chemical attacks globally in UK and Syria? We as an English speaking race must all do our role in sanctioning Russia. OK?
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 223
    Nexus 6

I`m still on drivers from six months ago, no problems
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,119
    Wintermute
    This only ever happened to me once,you have to roll back about 5 driver versions with Nvidia, I can't remember the exact version but it's on reddit. Hope that helps. Mine works perfect now.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • VCabrown451VCabrown451 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Having robo crashes on the 2nd level with unreal engine errors, any Ideals  , I have sent in report as the crash report but no response from epic of course 4/4/2018
  • mikesmikesmikesmikes Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello first post so forgive me... I don't have robo recall in my library and I checked the not installed.. Also last time I used the headset and touch controllers there was a button on right next to store and home was a desktop button that is not there anymore... How do I get that back?
  • syvarthsyvarth Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello first post so forgive me... I don't have robo recall in my library and I checked the not installed.. Also last time I used the headset and touch controllers there was a button on right next to store and home was a desktop button that is not there anymore... How do I get that back?
    Not sure of your problems that you are facing. But here is a good start to some of it..Did you try to press Library. go there and then look to your right you will see your apps updates and so on. Look to see what games came with your oculus. You might want to check the store and do a search for it as well. If there is a price then the sad news is. Yours was not a free one. I got mine not to long ago as well. I hope this helps you, and happy gaming. Bill

• billinorlandobillinorlando Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    and i love it.
  • wzspdw2wzspdw2 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Well is there a game mode which just like bullet train? I mean player could be immortal but only have a time limit or sth.
  • darrinjamesdarrinjames Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    This may be a dumb question. The first time I tried TRUE VR was Robo Recall. I was instantly wowed the @#$&; out!

I have since gotten the oculus go. I know how involved the touch controls and 6 vs 3 movent on the go... ANY chance for a lower res port?
    Wintermute
    Rather than us using mods to Smooth Loco, will you ever update this officially so we don't get the odd issues like getting stuck on certain screens?
  • billinorlandobillinorlando Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Hey peeps..I am still having the problem of advancing to the next level. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much..> Bill
  • PhrenicPhrenic Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Today we released an update to Robo Recall. This update fixed a bug where some players were getting stuck on a black screen at startup. If this issue occurs, a restart will reset your settings file and clear the issue. This will not affect your saved game. We have updated our Korean localization to improve clarity on several terms and phrases and updated the credits to include the extended list of Robo Recall
    Yesterday I‘ve got the Oculus Touch but i can,t Download Robo Recall for free. What should i do?
  • yefim88yefim88 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited November 2018
    Personally, I play the game with this update and the move is more complicated, I have to press and move at the same time.

Any chance of little step down (&3DOF dumb down) version of Robo Recall for Oculus Go??? I know 01 controller will be kind of limiting.. Once Santa-Cruz is out Lone Echo and Robo Recall are must for next version of fully contained all included hmd 
  • ColdSpikeColdSpike Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2018
    I can't even install Robo Recall now, it loads it up to 100% then de-loads it all and either gives me an error to contact support to just refuses to finish my installation. I've tried deleting everything on my PC relating to Robo Recall but still nothing.
    Wintermute
    It may have needed prerequisites to install in the background. A few times mine may seem to be stuck and not move from step 1 of 5 due to this. At times the menu is running under Home Window waiting your response!
  • DinivasDinivas Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    been playing it lately, since i just got the oculus a few weeks back from my local retailer.
    must say i havent had any problems so far, but it might also be because my Desktop is brand new (yes i bought a new pc only for oculus! Dont judge me, ill judge myself :) )
    But i must say im liking the game quite abit, just wish that movement wasnt teleport only but also just walk and jump.
    That way dodging bullets would become quite abit harder and thus more fun IMO.
    Anyways thanks for a great game ^_^
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Dinivas
    Sounds like you are new to Robo Recall, have you tried any of the mods? There's a smooth locomotion mod 
    that lets you walk around with the joystick instead of teleporting. (I'm a modder for Robo Recall, that's why I thought I'd ask) In fact, here's a link to it - //forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/modding/robo-recall/projects-aa/111239-locomotion-mod-v1

And someone else made one with some other features too - https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/modding/robo-recall/projects-aa/111266-robomotion-another-locomotion-mod-with-rotation-and-jumps

Those two are from the Unreal forums, but most other mods can be found on www.roborecallmods.com
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • jamisonmillerjamisonmiller Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    This thread is ancient, how it is still at the top???!!! I haven't seen an update for robo recall in... I can't remember! :D 

Being said though, hope something new pops up with this title, I did quite enjoy it!! (one of the best action games out there!!!) but some new levels or toys would be very welcomed (DLC perhaps??) to give it some spark for me to play again.
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    This thread is ancient, how it is still at the top???!!! I haven't seen an update for robo recall in... I can't remember! :D 

Being said though, hope something new pops up with this title, I did quite enjoy it!! (one of the best action games out there!!!) but some new levels or toys would be very welcomed (DLC perhaps??) to give it some spark for me to play again.
    hey @jamisonmiller , there are actually a bunch of new mods coming out recently, some of which are even maps! If you're interested in jumping back into robo recall, all the mods are up on www.roborecallmods.com !
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,906 Valuable Player

It’s been stickied. Hench It will ALWAYS be on top
  • meshiyat-12meshiyat-12 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    falken76 said:
    Dantac said:
    The update is causing issues. I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games. You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart. It has made the game unplayable. 
    https://downloader.vip/torrent-sites/ 

That sounds like a hardware issue that has plagued the Rift since its release.  I just got my replacement rift via RMA for the exact issue you are describing.  It's intermittent, but you'll likely find that it starts to effect all your games until it gets to a point that the rift is absolutely unusable.  If nobody else has disconnect issues, it's likely your headset is starting to fail.  Be prepared to start a support ticket...
    . I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games. You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart. It has made the game unplayable.