cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting to home tv in rift core 2.0

JenreyDominos
Honored Guest
Every time that I try to broadcast something to a screen in my oculus home I get an error that reads “A compatibility issue is preventing audio broadcast.” Please help me fix this.
7 REPLIES 7

JherBear
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue.

pinging
Honored Guest
I have the same issue here. Any help would be appreciated.

TrollerCon
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue.  I'd like to try this feature out, play with it a bit.  Possible user error?  Anyone know what the solution might be?

...idea is...I am in the Oculus Home area.  From the decorations\home items I put a flat panel TV on the wall (or the arcade unit, for example).  I can then access broadcasting options.  When I "broadcast" my Oculus app, or my entire PC desktop, I get the video appearing on the Oculus home decoration item (flat panel TV) ... but I then receive an audio error as mentioned by the OP.

I can still hear the normal background music of my Oculus home in my Rift headphones...I can still do and hear the normal things.  But broadcasting...audio error message populates.

coope1999
Honored Guest
Why has this not been resolved yet? I get this problem and I'm thinking it's related to why I can't hear guests in my room. VERY FRUSTRATING. Where is the support!?

YoLolo69
Trustee

coope1999 said:

Why has this not been resolved yet? I get this problem and I'm thinking it's related to why I can't hear guests in my room. VERY FRUSTRATING. Where is the support!?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Zaph_od
Honored Guest
Solution: make sure your desktop audio is NOT set to your rift audio (set it to your desktop audio or something else). That should do the trick, as it was working for me, then not, then I did this. 

Zaph_od
Honored Guest
quick note, you may have to exit the home, then jump back into your home space for this to work... they don't make it easy lol.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?