cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSTANT Forum Logon issues.....

Digikid1
Consultant
Had this for about an hour today.  Tried on ALL browsers and five devices.

dortdcil090n.jpg
30 REPLIES 30

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

sford52 said:

My experience has been it doesn't work with Firefox or Chrome, but it does IE/Edge.
Sometimes I have to go to the main site, log in, then come here to the forum and ctrl/f5.
Eventually I get in.

I use Chrome and used have to do some magic to login lol. This consisted of me trying to login in to the forums and been taken to a page asking if I want to login using Facebook or giving me another option to login. I choose the other option because I don't have Facebook, but it doesn't log me in. Then I try to login to the forums again after doing this and it decides to log me in after a while. Now it's just pot luck if I can login at all lol.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I had the mobile forum time out trying to log in. But desktop is working fine on firefox.
(I generally avoid the mobile one, I dislike using this forum without my forum improving greasemonkey script)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Wildt
Consultant
I cleaned the cookies on my main rig, and subsequently I have had no luck getting back into the forums on Chrome and Firefox. Poor form Oculus :angry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RattyUK
Trustee
I regularly get a 'login' screen, even if I've logged in successfully in the same session the PC has been in use.  It's a pain but normally, after a few clicks of the lower login button, it'll decide I'm not a stranger and let me back in.  As there doesn't seem to be a login cookie associated with this site it is odd how random it is.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Digikid1
Consultant
I use exclusively Firefox. It works just fine. But this is NOT a Firefox issue because my iPhone had the exact same issues. 

RattyUK
Trustee

Digikid1 said:

I use exclusively Firefox. It works just fine. But this is NOT a Firefox issue because my iPhone had the exact same issues. 

I also use exclusively Firefox,but have had the same issue with (wash my mouth out!) Edge of being unable to login as a 'known user'  so there is something a little odd that rears its ugly head on occasion - I've never tried logging in on my phone 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
At the end of the day it needs fixing because people with different browsers will not know what the hell is going on. @Techy111 @kojack @LZoltowski any chance of making this a sticky? people need to be able to login to the Oculus forums for many reasons.

Hopefully Oculus themselves fix it soon..

WilliamVR
Protege
Hey Folks! I hope everyone's New Year is going well. Login issues is one of the quality of life improvements we're looking to make on the forums. I wish I had a time-line to share, but just know we're working on it!

falken76
Expert Consultant
Holy crap, is the forum this bad because Cyber Reality left?  I thought my account got suspended or deleted until I read this thread and learned I could log on through the main site and navigate my way here.  I think it' has been a couple of weeks since I last logged in, that's a ridiculous amount of time for a corporation as large as facebook to let pass by before addressing the issue which, by the way, is still not fixed.  Cyber was a communication link between the users and Oculus, now that he's gone are we all screwed?  He had to dislodge things A LOT, so where's his replacement?

Wildt
Consultant

falken76 said:

I thought my account got suspended or deleted until I read this thread and learned I could log on through the main site and navigate my way here.  

Thanks - didn't know that. Worked fine for me :smile:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb