cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your statues/figures/collectibles - in the real world - show them here!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
In classic Home there was a nice display of statues/collectibles - like (see the background walls):

218h19y50m85.jpg

And Oculus seems to promote statues/collectibles quite a lot in Home 2.0, for example:

Billedresultat for home oculus

Even though I don't want such stuff in my Oculus Home, I have collected a few statues in the real world, and I was wondering if there are other statue collectors in here?

I'm trying not to convert my man cave into a dollhouse - so far I've gotten these few:

b32_zpslvidprqqjpg

7trwlpna4u52.jpg

Close-up:
aea7npmxev14.jpg

It's not something you'll easily find on eBay 😉 The weight statue + base  is close to 10 kg, scale is 1/4. 
hranvqk1cpl2.jpg

BTW, here it's next to my Tintin statue: 
290320154706_zpsxjk94zfnjpg

Got this one too - of course bought it without first discussing it with the wife - it appears the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is really low on this one, at least she said a lot of words to greatly support the swear jar when she saw it:

Hidden in plain sight, yes it's Hulk-green furniture and Galactus-colored cushions 😉
photo 2_zpsbbjqfn0vjpg

Then got some more of Miller's Batman - maybe slightly boring stuff:

DSC_1097thumbJPGcfdfca539b7999ff80462f56a27dd633JPG

My only Spidey statue:

8yapg6m34n9d.jpg

Also just bought this one, it's still in the mail - I've already prepared a speech to the wife starting with the words "Just when you thought WAF couldn't get any lower" (still need to write some more I guess, sigh...)

https://youtu.be/NIAzsKzeB5c

iefapr99cqbl.jpg

dc-comics-swamp-thing-maquette-sideshow-300654-17jpgbee8e72530be9fd05c730056a7190971jpg

BTW, just saw this one - looks great (probably won't be shipping before late next year or 2020), but I'm running out of space for such large statues - it's really not something that should be close to your VR play area  😄

xg0rawgxopm5.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

47 REPLIES 47

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Here's one... 90lbs and 5'3" £1600.

b4ufg45cdgl3.jpg

Not really, but I'd love to own one but that would likely cause a rift with the missus.

I guess we all would love to own a real doll (.com) *long dry cough!*  ❤️ But trying to stay married that's totally a no-go  😄

My better half actually thinks that Swampy is quite cool - she keeps surprising me. Personally - and to maintain peace at home - I've not bought any sexy female statues or original art with scantily clad women  o:) But this one - I'd so much like to have this one... sigh... But, yeah, getting that statue might be one step too close to true idolatry  :#  😄

kdbbyd4vosne.jpg
n4q77p9a4k7j.jpg
uxyw015052hy.jpg
61uyietlyixv.jpg
ylzcetxbguk1.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well she could take a nibble out of me anytime she wants lol

I think you should buy it just to test the water!

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've got this one:
fxyzm3q7znb7.jpg
Extremely articulated model, even his toes bend.
(It was given to me by one of the animators from Halo 2)

Here's something fun to do: take a bunch of photos of your figures then run them through a photogrammetry program (3D Zephyr, PhotoScan, etc). Then you can import them into Medium and see them life size. (And of course Medium can export to Oculus Home)

fa305a6r03zs.jpg

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant

kojack said:

I've got this one:
fxyzm3q7znb7.jpg

Here's something fun to do: take a bunch of photos of your figures then run them through a photogrammetry program (3D Zephyr, PhotoScan, etc). Then you can import them into Medium and see them life size. (And of course Medium can export to Oculus Home)

fa305a6r03zs.jpg

Jealous. I am a HUGE Halo fan. 

If you have that available as a object for Home....please may I have a copy?

kojack
MVP
MVP
No prob. I made it for an assignment in my masters degree, then put a rig on it in blender and had it walk around in VR. 🙂
I'll see if I can get a home object export tonight...
(getting ready for a christmas party at the moment)
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

I've got this one:
fxyzm3q7znb7.jpg

It looks awesome - possibly hand painted? It's hard to estimate the size, do you know the height? 

kojack
MVP
MVP
It's about 12cm.
It's from a standard pack. The animator came to give a talk at my college and he brought a few of them to hand out. I helped him search for his lost laptop 240v adapter, so he gave me one. 🙂

Googling a bit... I'm 99% sure it's the 2008 McFarlane Toys Halo 3 Series 1 MASTER CHIEF Spartan 117.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Also an awesome idea to import figures into Medium and see them in life size! I do wonder if it would be possible to make Galactus in Medium - or do I need more system ram in my rig?  😄 (figures of normal sized persons should be fine though) 

ot740k2ohs5v.jpg
hjshtzsshlmb.jpg
w7xbd0ni6rb5.jpg
lbnkbyjq67r6.jpg

kojack
MVP
MVP
You could make him in Quill, it has insane zoom levels.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

You could make him in Quill, it has insane zoom levels.

If someone did that, I'm sure a lot of nerd* -cough- comic book enthusiasts would happily pay for an app giving them an ability to really see the big guy! I know I would  🙂