cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
SkyrimVr uninstalled itself today from my Steam library with 3 other games (H3VR, In Death and Eleven Table Tennis VR !!!! 😮
I hope I'll still have my save, I had 80 something hours in game 😕
And more than that, I hope I won't have to install my mods again..... :'(
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

SkyrimVr uninstalled itself today from my Steam library with 3 other games (H3VR, In Death and Eleven Table Tennis VR !!!! 😮
I hope I'll still have my save, I had 80 something hours in game 😕
And more than that, I hope I won't have to install my mods again..... :'(

Is this folder empty?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data
That is where your game is installed and where mods are installed. If the game has to be installed again then yes you will need to reinstall your mods.
But your saved games are here
Documents\My Games\
Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\Saves
So if you do have to reinstall you should still have your saved progress.

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer

Brixmis said:

No, not WICO - haven't used it. Nothing that wasn't there for a while. Pretty sure reinstalling the pouch mod was the last one. I don't think that will have caused it - I had been playing when the game crashed and I did get an error code, though it revealed nothing. It was after that I couldn't start any more. I'll try starting without MO2 first.

I've used LOOT from the start.

**just had a look at the MO2 log from when the crash occurred. It states a crash log was saved to Appdata but the folder it points to is empty - so no clues.

Odd but I had a similar issue and it turned out to be an old mod that didn't remove all of its files when I uninstalled it. 
So after a couple days it started CTD when I tried to run the game. But you said you haven't installed any new mods
Odd. Are you on the latest SKSEVR? are you using FNIS? if you are try running GenerateFNISforUsers.exe again.
Are you using VR BODY Mod? If so put it at the bottom of your load order. LOOT doesn't put it where it needs to be and has caused me issues where the mod wont work or saved games wont load. 

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Something definitely strange started happening since yesterday. My Skyrim VR (with 151 mods) install has been rock solid for 499 hrs till yesterday. I have a repeatable problem that I can make happen every time, even after reloading a prior save and doing a specific thing within a specific quest. After the problem starts, Skyrim VR pauses for about 15 seconds every minute or so. If I go back to the prior save again, all is fine...unless I do the same particular task. Very frustrating!!! Been researching, but nothing relates to the problem in the particular Quest I'm on (which is part of the 'Legacy of the Dragonborn mod'). No reports of it of the LOTDB mod site, so I'm guessing an update is causing issues. I haven't added anything to my mod list in while and did a LOOT order again (which strangely reordered my mods even without adding anything new) but problem still happens. Strange indeed!

Also, did a check for missing scripts in my saves, but all is good.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Strange stuff going on all round, then.

My issue is definitely caused by a mod. This evening I played default SkyrimVR for over 2 hours and no issues at all. Had to start a new save, of course, but not bothered about that.

I don't really have much in the way of mods.

qhvc8xrr69ce.jpg

That's all. I'll have another go tomorrow and start removing or reinstalling them one by one. The two I've used the least so far (in time) are Unread Books Glow and Bandolier, so I'll try them first. I can do without the glowing books, so I may just ditch that completely anyway. It may just have been a freak event that can happen if x,y,z are in alignment and it's a full moon.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer

Is this folder empty?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data
That is where your game is installed and where mods are installed. If the game has to be installed again then yes you will need to reinstall your mods.
But your saved games are here
Documents\My Games\
Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\Saves
So if you do have to reinstall you should still have your saved progress.

No, the folder is still there and not empty (23.5 Go), same with the other 3 games..
But I just sorted it out : I tried launching an install, and it recognized the already installed files (just tried with eleven table tennis and In Death, it should be OK with Skyrim and H3VR too)
Thanks a lot ! 🙂
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
After doing more research on my problem, I found out that having multiple followers messes with the Mods script as the script for m y followers takes place at the same time as the script for Legacy....  So, I just need to tell my followers to wait in another area outside while I do the Quest for the mod. I'm going to give it a shot...

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Telling my followers to wait outside worked. Now I can move on...

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Modded game is working again now - seems I just had to play in regular VR game to get it sorted.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I just bought Skyrim VR for something like $23 (€20) - I think it'll be good for my VR education  o:)

Unfortunately this thread is depressingly long - and I know absolutely nothing about modding Skyrim VR. I'd greatly appreciate some help  🙂

Are there any Skyrim VR mods for the Rift that are must-haves? (And where can I find them?) Thanks! 

(BTW, also just got Overload (=Descent4) for $12/€11 - I'd be happy to share links inf needed)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"