cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IL-2 Makes Me Giggle Like A Little Schoolboy...

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
who has just planted a stink bomb in the headmaster's office!

Seriously, this has just got to be the best VR flight simulator out there - and when you can fly well-modelled aircraft and do things like this in them...

eoiqi1owmi4e.jpg

30uishgmn0fx.jpg

al5dhs2kzwil.jpg

94foti9ttd2q.jpg

mf7i9slhp5kt.jpg

qhir0ihp5p87.jpg

7v98dfo4zfuf.jpg

aiiytmsdslq5.jpg

t73npt269n78.jpg

You'll be laughing, too!

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
142 REPLIES 142

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
For those of you who would like to fly pre-made missions, I strongly suggest popping over to the IL-2 Sturmovik website, specifically this page:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/112-single-player-missions-individual-and-packs/?_fromLogin=1

and downloading some of the excellent community-built missions on offer. I especially recommend Jade_Monkey's missions - get up to stuff like this:

https://vimeo.com/233205159

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I still cannot sort out that horrendous nastiness through the props. I'm sure there is a way to be rid of it Brix? Help please mate
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I'm not sure what you mean - have to look back through the thread (this is a new page for me).

I caved, though. I'd been waiting to get Bodenplatte and though I really wanted a Spitfire, I didn't buy the Vb because I knew I'd be getting the MkIX with BP - but after watching that video, and some others, I crumbled like a cheap hooker punched by a big fat pimp (to quote Joey Tribiani 😄 )

Edit: I just read back through the whole thread and didn't see any info on that - can you elaborate?

nrosko
Superstar
Maybe means asw distortion?  I tend not to get it as much recently.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I have ASW off and you get that horrible distortion through the props in front. Like vsynch is out of whack. Very nauseating. I've seen posts before how to get rid of it but still haven't succeeded.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Hmm, it's not something I have experienced myself - but I haven't switched ASW off for IL-2. I didn't see a need, as I was happy with the performance and how it all looked.

Think I posted some framerate info a short while ago, which showed me that, during action phases at least, ASW was probably required by my poor, gasping computer. to keep things rolling smoothly. Remember, I only have a GTX 1060/6.

Maybe the answer is to switch ASW on and see how you like it? Or is there a specific reason you turned it off?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
aaaaaand.... Bodenplatte is miiiiinneee!!!! 😄 😄 😄

Mother Brix has starred again!

Thanks, Mum!  ❤️  (who, btw, celebrated her 80th 4 days ago)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

I have ASW off and you get that horrible distortion through the props in front. Like vsynch is out of whack. Very nauseating. I've seen posts before how to get rid of it but still haven't succeeded.

ASW off gets rid of it for me.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
As there is no official guide or manual for BoM, BoK and BP, it can be a real PITA trying to work out what is where. On the IL-2 forum, there is a guy who has done 2 page guides for all the aircraft up to and including BoK:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30773-bom-cockpits-and-operation-quick-guide/

This is all there is for now, though info is available for BoS aircraft. As many have said, it's pretty gobsmacking that such a relatively expensive sim comes without a manual or guide (the "official" manual was actually made by a customer).

Sign of the times (and a ready poor excuse for lazy devs)

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Anyone want to get together - after new year probably - to learn one or two of the Bodenplatte planes?

I'm also keen to learn how to fly and do combat with the Boston/Havoc (from Kuban) and maybe the Airacobra.

From Bodenplatte, I'm keen to learn to use the Jug straight off (P-47D) and when it's released, the Tempest, which I can see me spending a lot of time in.

I'm also keen to learn the two Spitfires.

I'm looking to do a bit of dogfighting, for fun, in Flying Circus. Chaz is up for it, but the more the merrier. I'm crap at A/A combat, so it should be good practise.