cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is the install supposed to take? Sitting at "Installing Oculus Software" for 30 mins

Aarbo
Explorer
I downloaded the oculus setup, then downloaded the 844mb thing which took about 15 mins, and then it switched to "Installing Oculus Software" and I have been waiting for 30 mins now. The bar is full blue and says 'Installing...' Underneath. Is it supposed to take this long? I just got my CV1 today and I am antsy to try it.

My PC is an 8core Windows 7 machine with 16 gigs of ram and a Radeon R9 390.

Any responses appreciated.

- Aarbo
13 REPLIES 13

FX2K
Heroic Explorer
Are you sure there isn't a hidden 'dialog' box from Windows user account control waiting for you to click allow / continue... or something similar?
CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May... DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014

Aarbo
Explorer

FX2K said:

Are you sure there isn't a hidden 'dialog' box from Windows user account control waiting for you to click allow / continue... or something similar?

Nope. I even moved the install window to check - Nothing.

Aarbo
Explorer

FX2K said:

Nope. I even moved the install window to check - Nothing.

Aarbo
Explorer
How long is the installing screen supposed to take? Like, ballpark?

Aarbo
Explorer
How long is the installing screen supposed to take? Like, ballpark?

FX2K
Heroic Explorer
I cant remember to be honest, but it didn't take long.. certainly not 30 minutes.. more like 30 seconds (after the download).

How about antivirus etc, try temporarily disabling any if you do.
CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May... DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014

Aarbo
Explorer
I restarted my comp and then disabled my antiviris and that seemed to do the trick, thanks

ForeverFrost102
Honored Guest
this is bullshit ive tried all of this any my oculus wont fucking load im soo aggravated thgat at this point i feel like returning it

DeanDastardly
Honored Guest
Turn off your VPN, mine prevented my installation from initiating.